This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Blowfish - Check battery levels, last updates capabilities and condition for lights in a zone.

swtttswttt Member
edited July 2017 in Apps

Blowfish

This app adds some triggers and condition cards to your flows. You can:

• Trigger if a device it's battery level drops below percentage X (With device name and battery percentage token)
  • Trigger if some capability hasn't been update for X minutes (With device name token)
  • Condition check if you left any devices on in a specified zone
  • Condition check if there is a device with battery below percentage X
Athom is going to add this to Homey its core soon (maybe 1.5.0, maybe later), for that reason the appstore submission isn't going to get aproved. To use the app until the functionaliteit is available in Homey's core, you can install it from Github using the CLI.

To use

Get the source from GitHub and install it using the athom cli.

https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.blowfish

To do

• App icon [DONE]
  • Add a card to check battery values [DONE]

Icon by Pufferfish by Catalina Montes from the Noun Project

Tagged:

Comments

• Nice, great idea!
  • swtttswttt Member
    Hope it's useful to some, for now i don't plan to publish it in the App Store. But someday i might will :smile:

By the way, couldn't find a kibbeling icon.
  • 68686868 Member
    swttt said:
    Hope it's useful to some, for now i don't plan to publish it in the App Store.

Why not..? It will make it much easier to use..
  • swtttswttt Member
    A few reasons actually:
    1. It isnt finished, settings page is missing for the bearer token and set the interval of checks.
    2. I kinda lack the time to really maintain this (cant do serious feature requests etc.)
    3. I would like to rewrite the app using the app sdk V2. 

Maybe i’ll publish it after the rewrite, but i dont promise anything.
  • swtttswttt Member
    2 examples on how i use the app:

• swttt said:
    A few reasons actually:
    1. It isnt finished, settings page is missing for the bearer token and set the interval of checks.
    2. I kinda lack the time to really maintain this (cant do serious feature requests etc.)
    3. I would like to rewrite the app using the app sdk V2. 

What about reason 4? 

4. This should be merged into homey's core
  • swtttswttt Member
    Agree to that as well... but stopped whining about it. Did create an issue for it tho... but just was taking to long 
  • 68686868 Member
    swttt said:
    A few reasons actually:

I understand, but I really think it would be best if all apps are published there. I see more apps and modules only be available from github but not the store... This makes is all very inclear; maybe a beta in unstable status in the store would be a good option.
  • swtttswttt Member
    That can't be much apps tho, havent seen a lot of them.

Still not sure if it even gets aproved since its using the bearer token and should be built-in functions of you ask me :smile:

But as it is now, it's not even finished enough :) 
  • LuukvDLuukvD Member

Search results for `blowfish`

No apps have been found...

• swtttswttt Member
    As it isn't published in the store, and need a manually added bearer token to the env.json.
  • LuukvDLuukvD Member
    Why call it an app, if it isn't an app?
  • swtttswttt Member
    What your definition of app? It is an app, you can install it trough the CLI by cloning the github
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited July 2017
    If it looks like a App, runs as a App and works as perfect as all @swttt his Apps........

Then it must be a App

Apps don't need to be published. Its up to the one who writes it.
    It would be nice i agree , but Swttt has given you boys and girls 2 pretty darn good reasons.

1) Its not finished
    2) He is gonna do a rewrite when then SDKv2 is available for normal (maybee experimental) channel.

So dont nag about it . Guess if you guys nag some more he will pull the complete app.

And Bas.... It works so perfect that BlowFish.. Keep up the good work !!!!!

• swtttswttt Member
    Well, the settingspage is finished including some nice checks and notifications.
    But an Appstore submit isn't going to happen...

Athom is going to add this to Homey its core soon (maybe 1.5.0, maybe later), for that reason the appstore submission isn't going to get aproved. To use the app until the functionaliteit is available in Homey's core, you can install it from Github using the CLI.

• So, reason 4 it is. Great job @swttt
  • swtttswttt Member
    :smiley:
    i guess they don't want small apps to run for this kind of functionality (and they are right)
  • Indeed, seeing the footprint each app has and is a tick up the counter towards the 15 before that nice message appears it's a good thing this is made core functionality.
    Personaly I'd like to see Athom integrate Better Logic and Countdown for that reason and maybe also Virtual Devices.
  • swtttswttt Member
    I kinda agree its for the better...but might not be fair for the developers. 
    Maybe Athom should give those devs access to core function (together with a NDA or something), and have them develop it outside the App Store.