This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Lightwave switches to control Hue lights

I am about to purchase my first controller and am looking at Homey or SmartThings.  To start I intend to upgrade my current lights to Hue throughout, BUT, I need to retain the usage of a traditional style lightswitch to be visitor / grandparent friendly!

I will be changing my electrics to ensure the lights are powered permanently on per the requirement of the Hue bulbs.

There seems to be very few switch options in the UK that are aesthetically pleasing apart from lightwave.  Given Homey has integrations for both Lightwave and Hue, would it be possible to use a wireless lightwave switch in a flow to then control Hue lights.

Comments

• technimantechniman Member
    edited July 2017
    In short.. yes
    I'm planning a similar setup with either lightwave or the remotech switch
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Yep, that's the great thing about Homey... But aesthetically pleasing apart from lightwave? There's lots of switches which, imho that is, are just as nice... I would try finding a zwave-switches, much more reliable... So remotech, nodon or tkb home for example...
  • Changing all light bulbs to hue is a very expensive change (30-60€ per bulb). If you have ceiling lights with 2-3 lamps in them it is cheaper to place a device behind the light switch that can also be controlled remotely. For instance, use the Fibaro Dimmer 2 (40-60€ depending on when and where you buy them). If you place that behind your light switch you can: control the lights via the switch manually, can dim your lights (remotely), and can control your lights remotely. It should work in de UK as well.