This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

KAKU Switch switching the light, but not the Homey

DavidDavid Member
edited June 2017 in Devices
Hi, I've had a Homey for a while now and this small thing has been bugging me more and more, so I thought I'd ask if others have had the same issue. I have a kaku switch (AWMR-210 inbouw-dimmer) that will switch on/off the lights when I use the original wall-switch (a regular switch, no 433 or anything). I can also use Homey to switch the lights on/off through the kaku-switch. The issue I have is that Homey has no idea the lights have been switched on/off if I used the wall-switch. To clarify, if I use the following flow:

IF [lights switched on] THEN [make Homey say 'lights on']

this flow will trigger when I switch the lights on through the Homey mobile app, or by voice or some automated flow, but if I actually get up and flip the switch on the wall, nothing happens (with Homey, the light works as expected). Have I installed the kaku switch wrong or is this a known issue?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    KaKu is one-way only, so that's inherent to the system used... If you want feedback to Homey, you should switch to something like Zwave (i.e. Fibaro), Zigbee (i.e. HUE or Ikea) or web (i.e. Lifx) for your lights. KaKu does have a range of products which use feedback on a different frequency then 433 but these are not supported yet...
  • LJSVVLJSVV Member
    edited June 2017
    I programmed all the receivers with the coupled wall switches. For this the receivers need to be coupled with the physical wall sender.

Remove existing receivers in homey and now choose adding a Awmr-300 for example with the option learn from remote. Send an on command with the wall switch and it should work!

now you have some feedback when the wall switch switches the light on. Unfortunately Homey misses some commands so the feedback is not 100% reliable.

edit: sorry, didn't read well enough.
    You do not have wireless wall switches. 

So no unfortunately my solution isn't the one for you!

• Same problem with me. I already asked the guys at Atom to add a status option to the KAKU lights so you can just update the status of a light in Homey when a wall switch is pressed.

At this moment your only option is to learn all your wall switches and lights to Homey. Next you create a flow for every switch/light combination. If wall switch is pressed the turn on lamp. You will have to removed the direct pairing between the wall switch and the lamp. If you don't do this, your dimmers wil start going up/down because it receives two on-signals.

Gr. Remco
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @RemcoHannink I see your usecase, did you create a github issue for this,  can't remember seeing this?
  • David said:
    Hi, I've had a Homey for a while now and this small thing has been bugging me more and more, so I thought I'd ask if others have had the same issue. I have a kaku switch (AWMR-210 inbouw-dimmer) that will switch on/off the lights when I use the original wall-switch (a regular switch, no 433 or anything). I can also use Homey to switch the lights on/off through the kaku-switch. The issue I have is that Homey has no idea the lights have been switched on/off if I used the wall-switch. To clarify, if I use the following flow:

IF [lights switched on] THEN [make Homey say 'lights on']

this flow will trigger when I switch the lights on through the Homey mobile app, or by voice or some automated flow, but if I actually get up and flip the switch on the wall, nothing happens (with Homey, the light works as expected). Have I installed the kaku switch wrong or is this a known issue?

As @bvdbos allready said. The KAKU devices are one-way communication. So thats mean that homey can send a "on" and a "off" signal, but can't receive a signal what is going on with the AWMR-210. So what is happening in your case:

(1) You send a ON signal to the switch using your phone for example. In the app you'll see the switch flip to on. Homey remebers this status. 

(2)When you switch of the light using the swich at the wall, the light will switch off of course, but the switch isn't capable to send this new status to homey. Homey still thinks that the light is on, because this is the last action it send to the swtich. 

(3)Now you first have to switch off the light again (in homey) even if it already off. After that you can switch the light on again. 

Maybe it is possible to replace the AWMR210 with a fibaro swich for example. This device works on z-wave and can receive and send signals so homey knows the status of your switch. 
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited June 2017
    @bvdbos
    Yes, https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/issues/13 And I filed a request for a new feature. The people at Atom would keep it in mind.....