This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

[Solved] KAKU, not working anymore...

obeliksobeliks Member
edited June 2017 in Devices
Yesterday evening had a big interruption (for some hours) of our Internet connection.
We went to bed and because Homey didn't work anymore, the only thing I could do (to switch off the lights) was to pull all the KAKU devices out of the wall sockets.

Now all of the KAKU switches don't work anymore... Restart the App and Homey, but it doesn't work anymore.
Re-adding works, but switching afterwards doesn't work.

Yes, I know, I should have programmed the remotes, but I didn't...

ZWave does work.
***confused***

Tagged:

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    One simple solution probably, well actually two: First try to pull the power of Homey for five minutes and then reboot. If that doesn't work there's probably a screaming 433 device who floods the spectrum. Most likely because it's batteries are almost dead...
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited June 2017
    First of all, Homey isn't depending on an Internet connection to switch your kaku. 
    If you defined an timer or other trigger homey still can switch  kaku on or off.
    If your only trigger was speech, Homey  needs Internet to understand you.
    Didn't  you get remotes with your kaku sockets? Wil make it much easier....
    What kind of sockets do you have? Most have 6 memory positions to learn,  but other cheap sets like apa3-1000 Only have 3. And don't have a pair button, they  start learning once plugged in. Once learned 3 unique codes from Homey  the sockets memory is full. Clear it before re-pairing.
    A low battery can be a problem  like bvdbos mentioned. 
    And Homey could have a problem in the 433 rf chip. 
    And I have seen an update to the kaku app today but for me it still works, so I don't expect it to be an app probleem 

Edit:
    O, and z-wave is another chip and another radio....  and a more reliable protocol, that could explain some things.
  • BernieBernie Member
    Mogelijk is er iets anders aan de hand? Er zijn vandaag blijkbaar 2 KAKU updates geweest. Mijn KAKU apparatuur werkt momenteel ook niet meer. Heel af en toe lukt het één schakeling (aan of uit) te laten plaatvinden maar daarna niets meer. Homey al verschillende keren van de stroom gehaald, maar helaas werkt er bijna niets meer.
  • Athom confirmed an issue in the first update today, therefore a new update! 
    Does it work again? For my 2 devices it still works, but don't have more to test. ;-)
    if not pls report here: https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/issues 
    Create an Issue and report the devices you have and if the App crashes or not...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    My ACD300 and acm1000 work as they should...

I do see @baskiers changed the sensitivity and signal-interval in 3.1.1-3.1.3, maybe that's the cause? https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/commit/083ecc00f2422d5a203c2b43dcbc2c09b97a2658

with that @baskiers rolled back the fix of May 6th when he upped the time between messages send (https://github.com/athombv/nl.klikaanklikuit/commit/ce3327d1a9088dbfb0f147a871ad218124f610bf) so my guess is this was done by accident and is an easy fix for him today
  • BernieBernie Member
    Unfortunately it's not fixed with the second update. Overall switching KAKA receivers is just not stable anymore after the uipdates, and it was before. Now sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And only some receivers seem to be affected (not distance related). I have more than 17 KAKU receivers (various types) and this issue has a major impact for me. Unfortunately I can't pinpoint this situation to one type of receiver, or to the distance from the receiver to Homey.
  • Have the same problem, didnt had any problem with KAKU (100% working) only after tonight it only works like 1 out of the 10 tries
  • Same here, sometimes one works, sometimes 5.
    But, not the same ones are working or not working...
  • Went back to 3.1.1 problems over ;-) No updates for me anymore
  • My apologies. This was indeed the same issue as may 6th as noticed by @bvdbos . There is still some documentation which uses the lower intervals and I didn't remember some users experienced worse results with those parameters. I did not notice this at the office. I've fixed it now in v3.1.4 and made a mental note to not change that parameter of the kaku signal again without releasing a beta build.
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited June 2017
    Looks like being solved by updating to 3.1.4. Thanks @baskiers !
  • Can't say Homey ever worked reliable with 433 (Kaku).... Very disappointed in the Homey product. Since my new bought (but "old fashioned") ICS-2000 Kaku controller works 100% reliable in the same environment, the only conclusion I can make is that Homey just doesn't work as promised.  Z-wave might be more reliable, but is also expensive.

• djeskodjesko Member
    edited June 2017
    Roos001 said:
    Can't say Homey ever worked reliable with 433 (Kaku).... Very disappointed in the Homey product. Since my new bought (but "old fashioned") ICS-2000 Kaku controller works 100% reliable in the same environment, the only conclusion I can make is that Homey just doesn't work as promised.  Z-wave might be more reliable, but is also expensive.

Whats you range with 433 ?  

im only using 4 x 433 devices ( 230v + battery )but it works all over my house 160m3 in two floors  and homey in center on floor one.( concrete walls)  i can agree that zwave is more expensive but its worthy it !   

• djesko said:
    Roos001 said:
    Can't say Homey ever worked reliable with 433 (Kaku).... Very disappointed in the Homey product. Since my new bought (but "old fashioned") ICS-2000 Kaku controller works 100% reliable in the same environment, the only conclusion I can make is that Homey just doesn't work as promised.  Z-wave might be more reliable, but is also expensive.

Whats you range with 433 ?  

im only using 4 x 433 devices ( 230v + battery )but it works all over my house 160m3 in two floors  and homey in center on floor one.( concrete walls)  i can agree that zwave is more expensive but its worthy it !   

Using 6 more than 10 year old KAKU switches and dimmers. Never a problem also overhere (exept after some updates ;-)
  • BernieBernie Member
    The update today (3.1.5) seems to have solved the issues. Only tested a couple of minutes but so far so good!
  • Roos001 said:

Have not had any problems either here. Kaku receivers 15m away from my Homey. Receivers are 220 volt, but Homey detects our kaku handheld transmitters to from that distance

• BernieBernie Member
    Bernie said:
    The update today (3.1.5) seems to have solved the issues. Only tested a couple of minutes but so far so good!
    I meant 3.1.4, at least that's the one that seems to have solved the issue. Further testing done this evening and everything works just fine again.
  • Yes I can also confirm that KAKU is working for 100% again. Thank you all! :)
  • update 3.1.5 and KAKU is not working at all. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Boekhout Sometimes there's a strange condition in Kaku with which you have to reset Homey by PTP (pull the plug).
  • Thnx @bvdbos, after unplugging it works. Don't reset, just unplug!