This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey V1.3.1 - Stable

edited August 2017 in Archive
Update 30-08-2017: This issue should be fixed now!
Moderator Edit: 
Please read here: 
Since recent New users encounter problems with Homey not detecting the correct Location and time!
Lees hier boven: 
Sinds kort ondervinden Nieuwe gebruikers een probleem met Homey, waardoor de juiste locatie en tijd niet wordt gedetecteerd

Homey firmware version 1.3.1 has just been released to the stable update channel. 
Unless you unchecked the Auto update feature, your Homey will most probably update to this version tonight. 

For What's new, see: https://whatsnew.athom.com/release/1.3

This version introduces a couple of changes in the interface, so read the what's new carefully. Any questions or problems regarding those new features can be posted here in this topic.

If you discover any new issues (bugs) that are not yet reported please report them on Github

Have Fun!

Complete list of fixes on Github with Milestone 1.3.0

Short Release notes:  (https://firmware.athom.com/)
  • Added support for Alarms
  • Added support for Infrared signals for Apps
  • Added an 'else' column for Flows
  • Added support for re-ordering of Flow cards 
  • Added TV & Amplifier device classes
  • Added an optional warning when creating a speech Flow
  • Added 'a specific time before sunset & sunrise'
  • Added a device's zone in the Flow sidebar
  • Added 'turn devices of <type> in <zone> on/off ' cards
  • Improved Flow & Insights picker menu
  • Improved searching of Flows
  • Improved Z-Wave performance and stability
  • Update Node.js to 4.8.3
  • Various security upgrades
  • Various bugfixes and improvements
and the two latest fixes: 
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the system time to get out of sync
  • Fixed a bug that could cause corrupted settings
Tagged:

Comments

• @JeroenVollenbrock I see that TV is now a device class. Does this mean that when you use a flow with speech that contains the word TV you now get also the message that no device was found with this deviceclass??
  • swtttswttt Member
    @jjtbsomhorst
    I can confirm this, it's up to 3rd party developers to edit their apps (if it controls a tv) and wait until Athom fixes the IR part if you use the build-in IR. Then it's possible to turn the TV on without a flow (and it's location aware, so turn the tv on in the livingroom or bathroom)
  • And what if I have an app that has TV as its main speech recognition ( https://apps.athom.com/app/eu.jeroensomhorst.tvgids)
  • swttt said:
    @jjtbsomhorst
    I can confirm this, it's up to 3rd party developers to edit their apps (if it controls a tv) and wait until Athom fixes the IR part if you use the build-in IR. Then it's possible to turn the TV on without a flow (and it's location aware, so turn the tv on in the livingroom or bathroom)
    Homey version 1.3.2 will resolve this by disabling the error feedback "I could not find any devices to turn on/off" when flows have been triggered as well. (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1616#issuecomment-308443682)
  • RobertRobert Member
    edited June 2017
    And what if I have an app that has TV as its main speech recognition ( https://apps.athom.com/app/eu.jeroensomhorst.tvgids)
    That's the beauty of the new speech model we added in 1.2.0! It allows partially overlapping commands to play nice together. The TV deviceclass will be triggered when one of the following is detected:

{"tv" or the name of a tv} + {"on" or "off"}
    {"tv" or the name of a tv} + {words related to changing the volume or muting}
    {"tv" or the name of a tv} + {words related to changing the channel}

The tv guide App might respond to phrases such as:
    {"tv"} + {"what to watch"}
    {"tv"} + {"what is on"}

So even though the first part of these examples can overlap, the second part still distinguishes them. Even in the last example "what is on tv", the app would 'win' because it is a better match compared to the deviceclass. The deviceclass would only match "on tv" and get a lower score. 
  • a great. I'm gonna test it when my homey is updated. 
  • Is it possible for the alarm to choose between your phone and the homey to go off?
    Because the homey is not in the bedroom. I can think about the function when alarm is set, your status changed in asleep. And when the alarm goes off, and the alarm is set off, status changed to awake.
  • Homey stable. Really?
    Just four o'clock this morning my homey came into action. All the flows that I have created and worked properly have been completed in one run after the update. Heating is turned on, heating is turned off, door unlocked and shut, lights turn on and off. All together, a happy fairground.
    It is also not possible to adjust anything, the flows are there, but there are no tickets and the flows can not be switched on or off.
    Restarting also does not solve. If this is the stable version of the software 1.3 then I can not imagine what the unstable version should have been.
    I would say boys go back to home and do homework again.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    shideban said:
    Homey stable. Really?
    Just four o'clock this morning my homey came into action. All the flows that I have created and worked properly have been completed in one run after the update. Heating is turned on, heating is turned off, door unlocked and shut, lights turn on and off. All together, a happy fairground.
    It is also not possible to adjust anything, the flows are there, but there are no tickets and the flows can not be switched on or off.
    Restarting also does not solve. If this is the stable version of the software 1.3 then I can not imagine what the unstable version should have been.
    did you create a GIT case ?   

• shideban said:
    Homey stable. Really?
    I have to agree on the change on how to open / do stuff with flows. This is counter intuitive
  • shideban said:
    Homey stable. Really?
    Now that you mention this, I recall my Homey restarting after the update and suddenly telling my it was switching the lights on. That's something it only does when you ask for it by speech or use the app (which I didn't).

Although the new ways of opening/enabling/etc flows is a bit counter-intuitive, you can disable them by right clicking on a flow. You'll get a menu with multiple actions for the flow.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Double-click for opening is not that counter-intuitive, is it? Just different...
  • For a web application I think it is. But hey I'm just 1 single (still) happy user ;)
  • shideban said:
    Homey stable. Really?
    Just four o'clock this morning my homey came into action. All the flows that I have created and worked properly have been completed in one run after the update.[...]
    Are you on stable? ( so you didn't choose Experimental  )
    Then your Homey updated from firmware 1.2.x to 1.3.1 last night!

I guess you always had the problem starting all flows with every restart of Homey like I described in #1051 (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1051 )

In that case this should be the last time you experienced this,
    The fix is included in 1.3.x and on your homey now!
    Just try what happens when a restart is done (always good to know!),
    Flows shouldn't get triggered unnecessary with restarts anymore. 
    I guess your Homey just got Stabler then before.... ;-) 
  • yemoHyemoH Member
    Good job guys. I especially like the Else column.
  • shideban said:
    Homey stable. Really?
    Just four o'clock this morning my homey came into action. All the flows that I have created and worked properly have been completed in one run after the update.[...]
    Are you on stable? ( so you didn't choose Experimental  )
    Then your Homey updated from firmware 1.2.x to 1.3.1 last night!

I guess you always had the problem starting all flows with every restart of Homey like I described in #1051 (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1051 )

Yesterday I performed a PTP on my Homey running 1.3.1 and after booting, Homey still told me it turned the moodlighting off. It should only do that when asked to do so by speech of the app.
  • Amelsfort said:
    shideban said:

Yesterday I performed a PTP on my Homey running 1.3.1 and after booting, Homey still told me it turned the moodlighting off. It should only do that when asked to do so by speech of the app.
    This probably depends on the trigger you use in the flow. 
    in my case it was a trigger: DeviceX is turned on or DeviceX is turned off.  (or BitFlip or something else) 
    Although the device was off before the restart  and still turned off after the restart, Homey triggered for that flow "DeviceX is turned off"
    I thought it was not logical and created the Issue that is finally fixed!  :)  I am happy with that!

Maybe if you use an other trigger it is logical to trigger or maybe that (almost same) bug still persists?

What is the trigger you use that also triggers during a restart? 
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited June 2017
    Something went wrong here.
    After the update 1.3.2 I got a purple ring (what I have read this means it is dead)
    I unplugged the power and plugged the power back in.
    After a few seconds of orange flashing, it stops.
    The Homey stays offline.

Any suggestions?

edit:
    https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000026/
    Recovery modus is not working. It doesn't count down. After about 10 seconds it will get a yellow led, but no speech, no HomeySetup network
  • I think you better contact athom for support on your problem. Sounds that homey has been corrupted. Normaly purple is not dead but the update proces. Red is dead, bit can be recovered. 
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    edited June 2017
    I installed 1.3.1 about 4 hours ago. It took quite some time 15-20 minutes. I have seen many different colors of the LED ring passing by, longer, shorter sessions all kinds. Finally I ended up with the standard screen saver.

All seems to work at the moment.... Some more testing by tomorrow.
  • Something went wrong here.
    After the update 1.3.2 I got a purple ring (what I have read this means it is dead)
    The Homey stays offline.
    [...]
    As you could read on the screen during an update (if you manual started it) you should not pull the plug during the update.
    As stated in the KB https://www.athom.com/nl/support/KB000009/
     Purple - Homey is updating itself at the moment, do not turn off the power.
    >>  Paars - Homey is op dit moment zichzelf aan het updaten schakel de stroom niet uit. 
    And with some bigger updates it can take a while.... 

If you can't start the recovery, contact athom support:  mailto:support@athom.com
    The Homey stays offline.
    [...]
    As you could read on the screen during an update (if you manual started it) you should not pull the plug during the update.
    >>  Paars - Homey is op dit moment zichzelf aan het updaten schakel de stroom niet uit. 

If you can't start the recovery, contact athom support:  mailto:support@athom.com
    OK, thanks for the reply. I will send an email to support@athom.com
    (thought the homey was stuck, because it was showing the purple ring for about half an hour already)
    The Homey stays offline.
    [...]

(thought the homey was stuck, because it was showing the purple ring for about half an hour already)
    I did sent an email last Friday, but no reaction of Athom yet.
    In their automatic reply:
    [quote]
    We strive to get back to you within 1 or 2 working days with an answer to your request.
    [/quote]
    We strive...
    Well, I find it disappointing that I haven't heard from them.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    Something went wrong here.
    The Homey stays offline.
    [...]

[quote]
    We strive to get back to you within 1 or 2 working days with an answer to your request.
    [/quote]
    We strive...
    I will give them a kick to take a look at your ticket. For the future remember that you installed an experimental update and support for that is lower then for stable problems, that's why you got the warning when you activated experimental. 

Edit:
    Give Athom a link to your post in our moderators channel, let us know when it's solved
    The Homey stays offline.
    [...]

[quote]
    [/quote]
    We strive...
    I will give them a kick to take a look at your ticket. For the future remember that you installed an experimental update and support for that is lower then for stable problems, that's why you got the warning when you activated experimental. 
    Thanks!
    (By the way, I didn't know that the support is slower if you have checked the experimental updates (needed it one time for a fix. And I couldn't uncheck it without loosing all data)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks!
    (By the way, I didn't know that the support is slower if you have checked the experimental updates (needed it one time for a fix. And I couldn't uncheck it without loosing all data)
    Just uncheck automatic updates and you can choose to install experimental updates or wait for a stable release and then install it manually. If you choose to install experimental be aware that stuff may go wrong.
  • What is a normal avg load for 1.3.1? Most of the time my homey has a minimum load of 1.5 and very often it is around 6/8 or even higher. Ordering flows or making new folders makes my homey go offline. 
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017
    For Dutch see below!

Update 30-08-2017: This issue should be fixed now!

Since recent New users encounter a  problem with Homey not detecting the correct Location and time!

If you have just set-up your Homey please first check the folowing: 
    Go to Settings - System and open  - Stuff for geeks
    Check if timezone and date_human are ok?
    Go to  Settings - Location to see a Google- map  with your location

If it is not as expected, fix it with the following workaround: 
    1. open Chrome, (Homey App is build on Chome, everything else is less compatible and less supported)
    2. Go to https://my.athom.com/#/ and login
    3. Select your Homey
    4. open Develper tools  from your browser (Ctrl-Shft-I) 
    5. pasted the following one line in the console:
    Homey.api("PUT","/manager/geolocation/",{latitude:52.3702157,longitude:4.8951679,mode:"manual"})

it looks like this:

after this you should be able to open the Settings - Location and see your PIN for Homey in Amsterdam. Zoom into the map and place the Pin where you live.

Now Homey knows your location and timezone and date_human  from Settings - System - Stuff for geeks should show the correct time (and time is the Zulu / GMT time)

This will be fixed in the next stable firmware. 

Have Fun with your Homey! Feel free to ask help here on the forum if it doesn't work!

Update 30-08-2017: Dit probleem is als het goed is op gelost!

Sinds kort ondervinden Nieuwe gebruikers een probleem met Homey, waardoor de juiste locatie en tijd niet wordt gedetecteerd

Als je net Homey hebt ingesteld, controleer dan eerst de volgende:
    Ga naar Instellingen - Systeem en open - Stuff voor geeks
    Controleer of timezone en date_human goed zijn?
    Ga naar Instellingen - Locatie om een Google-map te zien met uw locatie

Als het niet  zoals verwacht is, kunt u het als volgt oplossen:
    1. Open Chrome, (Homey App is gebouwd op Chome, alle andere browsers zijn minder compatibel)
    2. Ga naar https://my.athom.com/#/ en login
    3. Selecteer uw Homey
    4. Open Ontwikkel tools van uw browser (Ctrl-Shft-I)
    5. Plak de volgende regel in de console:
    Homey.api("PUT","/manager/geolocation/",{latitude:52.3702157,longitude:4.8951679,mode:"manual"})

zoals het plaatje hier boven.

Daarna moet je de Instellingen - Locatie kunnen openen en de pin voor Homey in Amsterdam zien. Zoom in op de kaart en plaats de pin waar je woont.

Nu weet Homey de locatie, en tijdzone en date_human van Instellingen - Systeem - Stuff voor geeks moet de juiste informatie en tijd tonen (en de time is de Zulu/GMT -tijd)

Dit probleem wordt opgelost in de volgende stabiele software update op Homey. 

Veel plezier met je Homey!  Mocht het niet lukken laat het op het forum weten in een van de discussies in het Nederlandse deel hierover!

This discussion has been closed.