This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sansative Strips alarm

bvbbvb Member

Hello,

from time to time I got an alarm from my Sensative Strips, without an action. This behavior was not regular, so I was just watching it. Now I was able to get the Z-Wave Protokoll. I have this with all the strips now, when they wake up. May be this has something to do with the new Version 1.3.0-rc.7.

Any ideas from the community how to fix this?

Sensor wake up?

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.409Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, data: 0x07

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.422Z] Node[13]: Marked as online

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.425Z] Node[13]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, params 0x02

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.429Z] Command[141] start: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.439Z] ProcessSendData[142]: To node: 13 with data: 0x3002 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.450Z] Node[13]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, params 0x02

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.453Z] Command[142] start: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.470Z] ProcessSendData[143]: To node: 13 with data: 0x8002 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.479Z] Command[141] end: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.489Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, data: 0x03ff

[2017-05-16T10:28:54.019Z] Command[142] end: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:54.035Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, data: 0x0364

[2017-05-16T10:28:56.963Z] Node[13]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP, params 0x08

[2017-05-16T10:28:56.965Z] Command[143] start: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:56.971Z] ProcessSendData[144]: To node: 13 with data: 0x8408 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE

[2017-05-16T10:28:57.000Z] Command[143] end: sendData

[2017-05-16T10:28:57.014Z] Node[13]: Marked as offline

Z-Wave commad when door is open

[2017-05-16T10:47:29.985Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, data: 0x03ff

Z-Wave commad when door is closed

[2017-05-16T10:48:09.640Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, data: 0x0300

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    @m-ruiter haven't heard you ever talking about problems with the sensitive strips?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2017
    I dont have those false  triggers as far as I know of but i have to look deeper then.
    My alarm flow system depends on defcon levels. The trigger of a strip just raises the defcon level by 1 point. A motion sensor by 2 . A defcon of 3 is needed for alarm to go of and multiple makes it go to 4  or higher. The 3 and 4 difference is the amount of sirens that go off . 4 also makes all lights go on and turn all locks And keep locked (not working yet on danalock) and all screens go down. 

I did even look if I could electrify the door knob on the inside but I decided it might not be that smart because mini me will drink some beer in the near future. But i sooooo much love to make people that touch my stuff in a bad way suffering big time.... so ill think of another way in the near future for the doorknob alternative
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    mruiter said:
    I dont have those false  triggers as far as I know of but i have to look deeper then.
    My alarm flow system depends on defcon levels. The trigger of a strip just raises the defcon level by 1 point. A motion sensor by 2 . A defcon of 3 is needed for alarm to go of and multiple makes it go to 4  or higher. The 3 and 4 difference is the amount of sirens that go off . 4 also makes all lights go on and turn all locks And keep locked (not working yet on danalock) and all screens go down. 

I did even look if I could electrify the door knob on the inside but I decided it might not be that smart because mini me will drink some beer in the near future. But i sooooo much love to make people that touch my stuff in a bad way suffering big time.... so ill think of another way in the near future for the doorknob alternative
    I like your setup very much. Would you like to elaborate more with some flows as examples? Maybe as addition to "flows that work"?

As for the doorknob, 240V might be a little overdone :) How about the "schrikdraad" of "varkensprikker" principle? Although I'm not sure how to implement...
  • bvbbvb Member
    @mruiter ist it possible to ignore the status of the strip when they wake up?
     See first post:

[2017-05-16T10:28:53.489Z] Node[13]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, data: 0x03ff

I use the status of the door in combination with my roller shutters. If I'm on vacation an the strips wake up or do not use a door for longer time, the jalousie will stay open, because Homey think the door is open. I have this behaviour on all three strips I have. When I open the door and close it, the status is reported correct in both cases...

I found the following statement:

"Was die Dinger aber wirklich unbrauchbar macht, ist ein Bug in der Firmware (nachgeprüft mit vielen Z-Wave Controllern):
    Die Strips wachen zu festgelegten Intervallen (Default 1440 s = 24h) auf um sich am Controller zu melden. Was auch völlig
    richtig ist. Nur schicken die Sticks nach dem Aufwachen den Status "offen" a den Controller. Dieser Status bleibt auch
    erhalten bis die Tür/Fester einmal geöffnet/geschlossen worden ist. Deswegen sind die Strips für Alarmanlagen und
    zu Steuerung so nicht zu gebrauchen, weil sie plötzlich auf offen springen."

Source: https://www.amazon.de/Sensative-Strips-Fensterkontakt-Z-Wave-SENE1110/product-reviews/B01CEZTUOU

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited June 2017
    mruiter said:

Offtopic sorry, but this is just awsome lmao, scared of purge day? ^^

maybe there is a setting wich makes it less sensitive?
  • Hi Everyone, my name is Fredrik Westman, co-founder of Sensative. Just wanted to reach out and let you know if you are experience problems with Strips and are in need of our support, please send us an email to support@sensative.com and we will help you. Best regards Fredrik
  • Very nice @fredrik
  • bvbbvb Member
    Here the answer of Sensative below... please can the owner of the app, can make a choice to disable the thatus of the strip? Only the open or closed status, as I want the batery life still in my settings.

Answer:

Hello Bernhard

I suspect what you are experiencing is a polling issue we have in some of our older Strips. For Strips with firmware version 0.7 and 0.6, the device will always respond to poll request from the gateway with "open". This issue was amended in later software versions, however there are still old units on the market with this issue.

An easy fix for this is to either disable polling or disable Strips' wake up notification (set wake up interval to 0s). We currently do not have a homey unit here in office so i am a bit unsure whether your gateway will actually allow you to disable polling of Strips or disabling it's wake up notification. 

If you aren't able to disable either of those settings, please let us know and we will try to help you out.

• bvb said:
    Here the answer of Sensative below... please can the owner of the app, can make a choice to disable the thatus of the strip? Only the open or closed status, as I want the batery life still in my settings.
    I don't know of any way to disable the BINARY_SENSOR_GET only for certain firmware versions, or even with a manual configuration flag.

There are some other things that can be tried, such as not using binary sensor command class at all, but when I initially worked on the driver, Homey and Strips weren't seeing eye to eye using the notification command class. It's a long time ago however, so who knows, maybe something got fixed...

I'll try to find some time this weekend to make a test version or something, but unfortunately I cannot make any promises.