This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro smoke sensor

I just bought a fibaro smoke sensor, and the only thing that works is the temparature change. 
i would also like to see a kind of test button in the app, so that I can test the sensor via the Homey on conectiviteit and alarm.

Comments

• for the "smoke sensor" and "heat sensor" wake up the smoke sensor once by pressing the button on top 3 times.

it's not possible to add a button to homey for testing, the smoke sensors doesn't allow activating from outside sources (outside of smoke of course)
  • it is already connected, because i get the message if the temp changed
  • there is a difference in waking up and sending the temperature, it doesn't need to wake up to just send the temperature
  • oke , now i pressed the button 3 times , and stil no rookmelder and hittealarm ...
  • hmm, that's strange, which version are you using, the non z-wave plus version or the z-wave plus version
  • Fibaro Smoke sensor 2  ZWA+ 
    I've thrown away the old device, and recreated a new one. now i see more 

should it look like this? 
  • well unless you have smoke near the sensor :p then yes that's what it supposed to look like
  • ok thnks
  • How did you add it? Via Homey -> Z-wave or via Fibaro -> Smoke detector ?
  • Last option is the only option?

• no, both will work and have the same result, the only difference in the latter it will show you how to include it
  • I have the same as @klaas, Smoke, Heat and Battery just show a -
    Just like with the FG-MS001, Battery is always -
    Seems like Homey loses the last data when no new data is received for a long time.
  • Added the first smoke sensor a couple of days ago and just added the second one.

1st one: I see Rook: Ja/Nee, Hitte: Ja/Nee, Temp -, Battery -
    2st one: I see Rook: Ja/Nee, Hitte: Ja/Nee, Temp 22c, Battery -

In Insights I do see temp readings, +/- once every 12 hours.

p.s. any ideas to make usable flows without making the same flows for every sensor and every alarm (smoke/temp)?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2016
    the battery not showing i'm already working on, will be needing a change for ALL battery devices, so might be viable to add it to the z-wave driver instead of every singel battery device.

and the - for smoke etc, will be a value that was timed out because the value is "GET" while the module is asleep.
    that will result in "null" and thus a dash ( - )
    so might make the battery code interchangeable for any capability
    ("GET" only when device awake)

don't know when i will do this, homey might need an update first to make it reliable enough thanks to a bug where homey doesn't recognize between the device is being awake, or is just sending an signal. (already a github issue)
  • Same problem.
    2 Fibaro smokes sensors.
    Temperature is oké for both.
    When I test the alarm (with real smoke), nothing is triggered by Homey...
  • rraets said:
    Same problem.
    2 Fibaro smokes sensors.
    Temperature is oké for both.
    When I test the alarm (with real smoke), nothing is triggered by Homey...
    Same here.
  • edited June 2017
    How do you get the Fibaro connected ? When I want to connect it says, press the button on the Fibaro 3 times shortly after eachother, I do this buth nothing happenes, keeps asking to push the button three times. Have 7 fibaro smoke alerts and problem is with al 7 of them.
    What's going wrong ?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2017
    @Danny_Hilversum
    Did you remove the paper tag from the battery compartment? 
    Or if you ever had it included with an other controller, did you reset the smoke sensors?
  • rtnartna Member
    When connecting you should hold the Fibaro close to Homey, within one meter range.
  • edited June 2017
    caseda said:
    @Danny_Hilversum
    Did you remove the paper tag from the battery compartment? 
    Or if you ever had it included with an other controller, did you reset the smoke sensors?

They are also connected to Toon from Eneco and with Toon they work fine, all 7 of them.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited June 2017
    Also connected?? First remove them in Toon and then connect them to Homey. They cannot connect to 2 controllers . Just start with 1 to try!
  • problem solved, disconnected from Toon, reset Fibaro and added again on Homey.
    Thanks Caseda and Rocodamelshe
  • I tested the smoke alarm and it wont reset in Homey, any suggestions?