This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku range / reliability impacted?

Hi Guys,

Since about 3 weeks, maybe 4, I have more challenges with the range of my KAKU devices. The device in question - a double light switch AWST-8802 - worked fine triggering flows for several months. Refuses to do so now though. Range between homey and the switch is about 5 meters and only a wooden floor in between.

My first guess was to replace the battery, but no luck there. tried moving homey around to get a better line of sight, but no improvements. Have it working now with an additional amplifier, but feels silly looking at the range (and does not cover the return signal to a KAKU ACD-3500.) Even with the amplifier, reliability is not 100%

Noticed I had two updates of the KAKU app around the time, but could be coincidental. Anyone having similar experiences (or tips?) Very annoying as it used to work fine.

thanks,
Patrick

Comments

• AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited June 2017
    I noticed two days ago that my Homey was unable to switch my KAKU switched anymore. It worked fine for months, but suddenly it can't switch them on or off. Even the one in the livingroom at about 2.5 meters away from Homey.
    This is both for the indoor as well as the outdoor ones.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Did you PTP?
  • Argh, I always forget that! And it did fix the problem!
    I'm now just wondering why it wasn't working in the first place that is fixed by PTP. Even restarting the chips using Homey didn't work. Is this some hardware issue?
  • Amelsfort said:
    Argh, I always forget that! And it did fix the problem!
    I'm now just wondering why it wasn't working in the first place that is fixed by PTP. Even restarting the chips using Homey didn't work. Is this some hardware issue?
    That is something I also would like to know. Why does a nice device like this need so much PTP'ing ;)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Well, apparently the chip for 433 needs to be restarted sometimes (why: still unknown). And rebooting Homey reboots the main processor but not the 433-processor...
  • But it's strange that when you use the button in the UI for this apparently this does not fully reboot that chip?