This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado thermostat

Comments

• looks like temperature readings are not being updated....

It's 18.8 degrees according to my tado app. Homey (tado) still reads 20.5.
    Humidity seems to work....
  • Would re-adding the device help?
  • Humidity works? it is not shown under setting... i will readd it in the evening...
  • Tim_BrassTim_Brass Member
    edited January 2017
    I can read humidity in insights.... So i'd say it works.
  • yes, in insights it is not listed here. some time ago there was it listed but with no values. you have values in the tado insights? then it must work now. i will read it later...
  • edit: humidity works since the last update!
    beautiful @HellHound

• app still crashes (Cannot read property 'celsius' of null) , opened a github ticket : https://github.com/hellhond/be.geekness.tado/issues/9
    hope you're able to fix it
  • yes, now the app crashes again. it went for a long time good but now after some updates from other apps it crashed again. i know this can't be in relation to the other apps but it looks like ;-)

• JonJon Member
    Aynone who knows how to proceed installing my Tado thermostat? When trying to add it, i get the following 2 screens, but the Tado wasn't added whatsoever. By the way: my Homey is definitely not offline...

• Any idea on when we can expect 5.7 in the app store?
    It's supposed to have the fix for the temp update.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @HellHound
    I now use the Tado, turn heating off and the Tado, Automatic heating cards. This makes the app crash. The crash logs are sent to the developer according to the app. Are you able to fix this?
  • HellHound said:
    First of all, best wishes for the new year :)

Additionally, thanks to all who donated to keep the project going!

I've been working on rewriting the Tado app, to streamline the code, and make it more readable and modular.

I should have an initial version by next week, though probably only for the Thermostat. In the coming weeks I'll add all the other devices (Valves, AC).

@phil_s normally all Homey apps are isolated from each other, so an update for one app should not be able to kill/crash another app.

@dondanny You can use the valves without a Tado thermostat, yes. You just need the 'Tado bridge', but that should be included in the Valves Starter Kit.

@Tim_Brass I'll keep you updated next week, you'll probably be able to test the app before it's live in the store via the Github repo.

@0burner0 I'll see what I can do. My home setup does not allow Tado to provide the HOT_WATER option, so I can't fully test it, but will try to add it to the code, and we'll see from there.
    @HellHound: Any news on adding other TADO devices , like AC (as outside temperatures are rising)?
  • I'm not receiving any temperature updates from tado....
    Could this be fixed? I've created a flow so my floorheating pump will automatically switch on/off when the set temp is higher then the measured temp. (thus the heater is working)

Measured temp and set temp are not updated in Homey.

Looks like there has been little or no development for quite some time........
  • Measured temp and set temp get updated if I restart the app. but only once.

Workaround: Use candy app to restart the app every 5 min.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2017
    -nvm-

• When will the Tado radiator valves be supported??
  • 2Be2Be Member
    The Tado app stopped working. As I understand from the tweakers.net forum subject on Tado the api has changed.

Sorry It's only in dutch:

quote:
    ArisB schreef op dinsdag 13 juni 2017 @ 09:29:
    Ik kan sinds gister 16:00 geen gegevens meer opvragen uit de API. Hij geeft mij geen toegang meer.
    Zijn er meer gebruikers met dit probleem?
    Ja; er is een aanpassing geweest op de API.

Ik heb het weer aan de praat gekregen door de call aan te passen waar de access token aangevraagd wordt:
    1) de client_id aanpassen van client_id=tado-webapp naar client_id=tado-web-app
    2) de client_secret toe te voegen aan de call

Je kunt de client_secret ophalen met het volgende commando:
    CLIENTSECRET=`curl --silent --max-time 10 "https://my.tado.com/webapp/env.js" |grep clientSecret |egrep -o "'[a-zA-Z0-9]+" |sed "s/^'//g"`

Somebody who can correct this in the TADO app?
  • sebynosebyno Member
    2Be said:
    The Tado app stopped working. 

• HellHoundHellHound Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi, as you sure all have noticed, Tado has slightly changed their API, which breaks the Homey Tado App.

I've committed the fix based on information from @2Be (thanks!) and my own observations to the Beta channel. However, this still needs approval of Athom.

You will need to put the Tado Client Secret in the Tado Homey Settings. Currently this secret is

wZaRN7rpjn3FoNyF5IFuxg9uMzYJcvOoQ8QWiIqS3hfk6gLhVlG57j5YNoZL2Rtc

I've not added this secret in the code, since Tado can change this at any time. This way, you can update it yourself whenever Tado changes this secret, without me requiring to update the Tado app.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, due to my work obligations I haven't had a lot of time to work on the new changes.

This new release (0.5.7) includes some code I was working on previously, but is not yet complete. However, this code should normally not impact the existing features.

• 2Be2Be Member
    Thnx @HellHound for picking up the change made by Athom dispite your busy work obligations.

I didn't find the new api,I only copied it from tweakers.net.

Maybe your new code fixes the app crash when a flow turns my Tado on or off. (Like when door is opened for >5 min. turn Tado off / Door is closed turn Tado on again.)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @HellHound
    I installed your GitHub 0.5.7 both master as the beta branche and they both crash immediately. 

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'log4js'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/tado/driver.js:7:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • @2Be Forgot to copy the log4js module to the beta branch. Working on it now.
  • Hi @HellHound,

Installed Beta app (0.5.8) from the app store. I keeps crashing on me......
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @HellHound

Same Beta app (0.5.8) from the app store crashes:

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'semver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/node_modules/log4js/lib/layouts.js:6:12)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • I'm also looking at the Tado hardware now to get multizone heating. I was told by a Tado employee that this would work just with a Tado thermostat and multiple radiator valves. Now I'm wondering if the Internet bridge (part of the Starterkit V3) is necessary or if it will work with just the thermostat.
    And is Homey able to communicatie with Tado directly on my home network or is all communication going through the cloud/Tado servers?
  • @Amelsfort ;
    All communication goes through the cloud that is also why you need a bridge. The bridge connects your thermostat and valves with the cloud. The Homey Tado app communicates with the unofficial Tado api in the cloud.
  • mauriceb said:
    @Amelsfort ;
    All communication goes through the cloud that is also why you need a bridge. The bridge connects your thermostat and valves with the cloud. The Homey Tado app communicates with the unofficial Tado api in the cloud.
    That's what I was afraid of. :(

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited July 2017
    Thermosmart does the same... So does Nest... Anna, think the same...
    I know Thermosmart keeps its schedules even without an internet-connection, think the rest will too...
  • honeyhoney Member
    No Tado does not follow the schedule when internet connection is lost.
  • Really? Maybe I'll take a look at the alternatives then... if there are any for the same price.