This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] DoorBird for Homey

Comments

• Typically, Synology is announcing new NAS models months before they will be available at retailers.. and update specific types in a bi-annual cycle..

I would not expect for an updated DS916+... no guarantees though
  • Typically, Synology is announcing new NAS models months before they will be available at retailers.. and update specific types in a bi-annual cycle..

I would not expect for an updated DS916+... no guarantees though

Ok good to know, will keep that in mind.

Denk dat ik toch niet zolang kan wachten :#
  • RejoinRejoin Member
    I having issues with the notification when somebody push the ring button on Doorbird. It won't trigger. If I change to movement it will trigger. But not the doorbell. Any suggestions?
  • Rejoin said:
    I having issues with the notification when somebody push the ring button on Doorbird. It won't trigger. If I change to movement it will trigger. But not the doorbell. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried re-setting the notification settings from the settings page of the app?

You can also check the notification settings of you Doorbird with the following URL:

http://yourdoorbirdip/bha-api/notification.cgi

It should look similar to the motion url notification which is working.

And last thing, double check you are using the right action card.
  • RejoinRejoin Member
    I have set the settings from the app.
    Here is the result from checking:
    {"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "NOTIFICATIONS": [{"event": "motionsensor","subscribe": "1","url": "http://10.70.1.10:80/api/app/com.doorbird/motionsensor/1CCAE3706B69/","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "60"},
    {"event": "dooropen","subscribe": "1","url": "http://10.70.1.10:80/api/app/com.doorbird/dooropen/1CCAE3706B69/","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "30"}]}}

I´m using "DoorBird rings"
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Sometimes i have the same problem. Only thing what helps is remove the app and install it again. 

Even remove the doorbird and add it again doesn't work. 

• Rejoin said:
    {"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "NOTIFICATIONS": [{"event": "motionsensor","subscribe": "1","url": "http://10.70.1.10:80/api/app/com.doorbird/motionsensor/1CCAE3706B69/","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "60"},
    {"event": "dooropen","subscribe": "1","url": "http://10.70.1.10:80/api/app/com.doorbird/dooropen/1CCAE3706B69/","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "30"}]}}

I´m using "DoorBird rings"
    It seems the notification for doorbell has not been set. I'll look into this and see if I can find the cause in the code of the app. Recently there where some issues with the firmware of Doorbird that may also be the cause. Version 105 was deployed recently to our Doorbirds, perhaps it broke something related to the Homey app.

I'm not at home now but I'll post a manual fix for you this evening where you can set the notification url manually.
  • Rejoin said:

The quick fix is setting the doorbell notification manually with the following URL (replace the relaxation time to your needs).

http://192.168.0.134/bha-api/notification.cgi?url=http://10.70.1.10:80/api/app/com.doorbird/doorbell/1CCAE3706B69/&event=doorbell&subscribe=1&relaxation=30

I'm not sure why this notification trigger isnt set correctly using the Homey app. Have you enabled cloud recording free under the device administration option of the Doorbird smartphone app?
  • RejoinRejoin Member
    I found out why the setting wasn´t accepted. I had relaxation lower than 10. When I do this manually I get error setting relaxation to a value lower than 10.
  • RejoinRejoin Member
    But I still doesn´t get any notifications...
  • Rejoin said:
    But I still doesn´t get any notifications...
    Have you tried setting the doorbell notification through the app settings with a relaxation higher or equal as 10. This will ensure the notification in the Doorbird is set correctly.

I'll add some field validation to values lower as 10. Are not allowed.

And one last thing to check next to the things I mentioned earlier. Is the flow with the doorbell rings card actually enabled?
  • JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
    edited June 2017
    Imagine this: 

You are about to leave home. When you open the door leaving your house Homey reminds you by voice on the Doorbird to take an umbrella as it is going to rain in a few minutes ...

Would be nice to have Homey speech over the Doorbird.
    Just one example, I am sure we can name 100+ examples using Homey voice over Doorbird.

Looking to the API there is a capability but not sure if this is compatible with Homey. I am no programmer just curious if this would/could work. 
  • Imagine this: 

You are about to leave home. When you open the door leaving your house Homey reminds you by voice on the Doorbird to take an umbrella as it is going to rain in a few minutes ...

Would be nice to have Homey speech over the Doorbird.
    Just one example, I am sure we can name 100+ examples using Homey voice over Doorbird.

Looking to the API there is a capability but not sure if this is compatible with Homey. I am no programmer just curious if this would/could work. 
    In theory it should be possible, I lack the programming skills as well though.
  • New version - 2017-06-19 -- v1.4.0

• NEW: Added action card where Homey ask you to open the door through the door relay
    • FIX: Added field validation on relaxation fields in settings page (relaxation can not be lower as 10)
  • OGSOGS Member
    edited August 2017
    Since a couple of weeks the apps stopt sending emails with picture
    I found that the IP had changed so I changed it in the app settings and the flow works again but the email still doesn't
    I tried the test email in the settings and that works fine.
    The message is timeout (red triangle in the corner of the flow card)
    What could be the reason for this?
  • OGS said:
    Since a couple of weeks the apps stopt sending emails with picture
    I found that the IP had changed so I changed it in the app settings and the flow works again but the email still doesn't
    I tried the test email in the settings and that works fine.
    The message is timeout (red triangle in the corner of the flow card)
    What could be the reason for this?
    The old IP might still be somewhere saved in the device settings. Could you try and remove the Doorbird as device completely and add it under the new IP address again (you will have to reconfigure your flows). If this resolves the issue I might need to improve my code to prevent this from happening again.
  • OGSOGS Member
    Hi Phuturist, indeed that solved the problem.
    Removed and added it again.
    Thanks
  • Latest version - 2017-09-18 -- v2.0.0

• UPDATE: rewritten app for SDK2
    • NEW: implemented the doorbell class and generic alarm and motion alarm capability
    • NEW: added ability to enable/disable event notifications from the Doorbird on the settings page
  • I am thinking about buying a Doorbird. I have a question that only a current user might be able to answer...

Being hearing impaired, I have a special system connected to my doorbel; if the doorbell is pressed it triggers a Bellmann & Symfon system (not integratable with Homey atm) so special flashing lights in my house start to flash and my bedshaker (yep, have one of those too...) starts to, well, shake! The system also involves smoke detectors and an alarm clock.

If I buy a Doorbird, I will still need the Bellmann systeem too. Easiest way would be to have a 'maak contact' which connects from the Doorbird to my existing Bellman receiver.

Question is: does the Doorbird have an extra trigger output? Potential free of not? In that case I could have a wire connected from the Doorbird to my Bellman receiver.

Simple put: if the doorbird doorbell is pressed, can I get this signal to my Bellmann receiver?

Thanks!
  • Eternity said:
    I am thinking about buying a Doorbird. I have a question that only a current user might be able to answer...

Being hearing impaired, I have a special system connected to my doorbel; if the doorbell is pressed it triggers a Bellmann & Symfon system (not integratable with Homey atm) so special flashing lights in my house start to flash and my bedshaker (yep, have one of those too...) starts to, well, shake! The system also involves smoke detectors and an alarm clock.

If I buy a Doorbird, I will still need the Bellmann systeem too. Easiest way would be to have a 'maak contact' which connects from the Doorbird to my existing Bellman receiver.

Question is: does the Doorbird have an extra trigger output? Potential free of not? In that case I could have a wire connected from the Doorbird to my Bellman receiver.

Simple put: if the doorbird doorbell is pressed, can I get this signal to my Bellmann receiver?

Thanks!
    Should be possible, the Doorbird has a lot of options for connecting other devices. I have a regular chime connected with a relay in between. Have a look at this: https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/connection_plan_d10x_d20x.pdf?1

And here I read about a user that already has an Bellman & Symfon system hooked up to his Doorbird: https://www.avforums.com/threads/doorbird-video-doorbell.2060672/
  • Great news @Phuturist! Thanks a lot! 
  • Latest version - 2017-10-13 -- v2.1.0

• NEW: added support for 3 new global image tokens: live snapshot, latest doorbell snapshot and latest motionsensor snapshot. In time these global image tokens will replace the current snapshot tokens from the trigger cards.
    • UPDATE: made use of official donation button feature of Homey app store instead of the readme
  • I have Doorbird app 4.20 for Android and Doorbird D10x. I tried to find the section mentioned to trigger the Homey: "In the general settings of the DoorBird app there is a section where you can automatically configure these notifications with the push of a button. All you need to do is set the relaxation time for each event (time in seconds between concurring events)." I can't find this section... What am I doing wrong? Where to look exactly?
  • hansje said:
    I have Doorbird app 4.20 for Android and Doorbird D10x. I tried to find the section mentioned to trigger the Homey: "In the general settings of the DoorBird app there is a section where you can automatically configure these notifications with the push of a button. All you need to do is set the relaxation time for each event (time in seconds between concurring events)." I can't find this section... What am I doing wrong? Where to look exactly?
    You are looking in the smartphone Doorbird app but the documentation here is referencing the Homey DoorBird app. So check the settings area and look for the Doorbird settings and you will find the notification settings.
  • Phuturist said:
    hansje said:
    I have Doorbird app 4.20 for Android and Doorbird D10x. I tried to find the section mentioned to trigger the Homey: "In the general settings of the DoorBird app there is a section where you can automatically configure these notifications with the push of a button. All you need to do is set the relaxation time for each event (time in seconds between concurring events)." I can't find this section... What am I doing wrong? Where to look exactly?
    You are looking in the smartphone Doorbird app but the documentation here is referencing the Homey DoorBird app. So check the settings area and look for the Doorbird settings and you will find the notification settings.
    Maybe adding "Homey" so it says "the Homey Doorbird app"? Thanx anyway
  • I tried 3 different relaxation times (0, 10, 30) but no response... The flow containing doorbird stuff is empty after changing the values. What to do?
  • hansje said:
    I tried 3 different relaxation times (0, 10, 30) but no response... The flow containing doorbird stuff is empty after changing the values. What to do?
     What do you mean with the flow containing Doorbird stuff is empty? The only thing the notification settings do is update any added Doorbird device to send a notification to your Homey when an event like doorbell rang takes place. This in turn allows for a flow to be added which reacts to this event with a trigger card like ” doorbell rang ”.
  • hansjehansje Member
    edited December 2017
    Phuturist said:
    hansje said:
    I tried 3 different relaxation times (0, 10, 30) but no response... The flow containing doorbird stuff is empty after changing the values. What to do?
     What do you mean with the flow containing Doorbird stuff is empty? The only thing the notification settings do is update any added Doorbird device to send a notification to your Homey when an event like doorbell rang takes place. This in turn allows for a flow to be added which reacts to this event with a trigger card like ” doorbell rang ”.
    Step 1: in doorbird settings I pushed the "Set doorbird notifications" button with relaxation time 30 (default) and enabled checked
    Step 2: I created a flow with an if "Doorbird Checked" then Voice say "something".
    Step 3: saved the flow
    Step 4. Pushed the doorbell, Nothing happens

I did stap 1 again, changed 30 to 10 and pushed the button
    I went to the created flow, but it is empty. Did the same steps, as if it was new. Tried several times with different relaxation times. No results. See pictures
  • Could you post the output of this URL: http://<<YOUR_DOORBIRD_IP>>/bha-api/notification.cgi
  •   Phuturist said:
      Could you post the output of this URL: http://<<YOUR_DOORBIRD_IP>>/bha-api/notification.cgi

{"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "NOTIFICATIONS": []}}
This discussion has been closed.