This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Hue app on phone (Android/iOS)

baboonenbaboonen Member
edited June 2017 in Apps
All,

As a newbie I'm still discovering the potential of Homey. Perhaps you can help me.

When I take a look at the box in which Homey was shipped I notice there's a Hue-part (squared box which makes it possible to adjust light etc) on the phone picture. But when I take a look on my own app, there's only a part for my blinds and my Fibaro wall plug. Is there something I'm missing? How do I add this on my phone?

Also Zigbee should be supported, right? Why did I have to connect to the Hue bridge then?

Regards Bobby
Tagged:

Comments

• HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited June 2017
    You can the app to control your Hue lights. However, I prefer using the Hue app to control my hue light. I use Homey to automate some light like turning the light on when it gets dark, turn on light in the hallway when some is ringing the doorbell, turn all the light off when everybody is away from home etc. 

Homey isn't supported zigbee yet. There is a zigbee chip on board, but is isn't activated yet. In the new firmware update that will come the zigbee chip will be usable. Then it is possible (when the apps get updated) to connect the hue lights directly to homey. Until then you have to use the Homey Bridge to act as an interface between Homey and the hue-lights.

When you add the hue lights to your homey the lights should automatically appear in you phone app.  

• baboonen said:
    All,

As a newbie I'm still discovering the potential of Homey. Perhaps you can help me.

When I take a look at the box in which Homey was shipped I notice there's a Hue-part (squared box which makes it possible to adjust light etc) on the phone picture. But when I take a look on my own app, there's only a part for my blinds and my Fibaro wall plug. Is there something I'm missing? How do I add this on my phone?

Also Zigbee should be supported, right? Why did I have to connect to the Hue bridge then?

Regards Bobby
    Here is a topic that keeps you up to date with info: Software status
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/Like/1430/comment/51604

• Thanks Harm for the update. Unfortunately Hue doesn't appear on my phone, while the connection with the Hue bridge has ben set. 

Thanks Richard. Will take a look at it :)

Regards Bobby
  • baboonen said:
    Thanks Harm for the update. Unfortunately Hue doesn't appear on my phone, while the connection with the Hue bridge has ben set. 

Regards Bobby
    after installing the app you need to add the lights/hue sensor or other Hue things to your Homey. Click your devices page, add new device -> select philips hue and select what you want to add and follow the instruction. Then the devices will appear on your device page. If that device (like the lights) also has a mobile card it shows in the Homey mobile app. 

• Thanks Lubbert! Apparently I forgot to click on the lamp icon. Now I have 10 lights added to my devices :)
  • baboonen said:
    Thanks Harm for the update. Unfortunately Hue doesn't appear on my phone, while the connection with the Hue bridge has ben set. 

Regards Bobby
    You're welcome!  Nice that is works now with some help from @lubbertkramer
  • No problem, will set your question to solved so other users can see this question is correctly answered when they use the search function.