This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sonos Follow ME

Would creating a flow be easy enough to have Sonos follow me throughout the house?

I have fibaro motion in each room, along with sonos and would be nice for the music to fade out as i leave a room and fade in etc? tbh most the time it would be more a case of all of downstairs is on apart from select rooms, but if i walk into one of these rooms add it to the group (such as the two rooms i have 5.1 and optical input that usually do the TV)

Also as i have ALOT of lightwave gear, could someone please let me know how this is displayed in the app? i.e. due to no feedback, once an item is turned on does it show as on, or does it work like the lightwave and have no indication? my issue is if i turn it on in homey, and off via a switch i would hate it to still show on?

Ive not yet purchased a homey as the above has never been clear, plus lots of other flows with my solar panels, led hue strips, sony android tv etc don't seem possible yet but i think its possibly time to invest. 

Thanks for any help

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    Would creating a flow be easy enough to have Sonos follow me throughout the house?

I have fibaro motion in each room, along with sonos and would be nice for the music to fade out as i leave a room and fade in etc? tbh most the time it would be more a case of all of downstairs is on apart from select rooms, but if i walk into one of these rooms add it to the group (such as the two rooms i have 5.1 and optical input that usually do the TV)

Also as i have ALOT of lightwave gear, could someone please let me know how this is displayed in the app? i.e. due to no feedback, once an item is turned on does it show as on, or does it work like the lightwave and have no indication? my issue is if i turn it on in homey, and off via a switch i would hate it to still show on?

Ive not yet purchased a homey as the above has never been clear, plus lots of other flows with my solar panels, led hue strips, sony android tv etc don't seem possible yet but i think its possibly time to invest. 

Thanks for any help
    Have no Sonos but sounds that should work with a motion sensor, you can switch the output speaker to another with a flow on Homey but the question is how do you determine it's you walking and not your pet/other familymember so that it only switches speaker as you want to and not with every movement from a spider for example? Fibaro motion sensor only triggers motion, no who triggered the motion.

But your Hue strips will work with Homey with the Hue app (https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.philips.hue (strips not mentioned but they work)) also solar panals can be monitored with the app solar (https://apps.athom.com/app/it.diederik.solar) unless your device is not (yet) supported but you can ask the developer then.
  • I see solar man being supported so I'm ok there, has noticed the hue app.

Lightwave is the deal breaker for me currently.

Regarding sonos, its fine for this to happen as it is only me and my better half, therefore we tend to listen to the same stuff and if it was able to turn it on in any room with movement etc that would be fine. That is unless after a certain time at night (so dogs arnt turning it on as they mope around the house) or if the TV source is currently being played in any room.

Id want the same to happen with lights, and some lamps, all via lightwave. And when walking into the movie room for this to start TV, plex, etc
  • I see solar man being supported so I'm ok there, has noticed the hue app.

Lightwave is the deal breaker for me currently.

Regarding sonos, its fine for this to happen as it is only me and my better half, therefore we tend to listen to the same stuff and if it was able to turn it on in any room with movement etc that would be fine. That is unless after a certain time at night (so dogs arnt turning it on as they mope around the house) or if the TV source is currently being played in any room.

Id want the same to happen with lights, and some lamps, all via lightwave. And when walking into the movie room for this to start TV, plex, etc
    In your flow you can set triggers with a "AND" so flows only trigger for example between a specified time or when TV is turned off. 1.3 is at this moment in a beta stage, when that's released you can also use the ELSE in your flow.  https://whatsnew.athom.com/#1.3

Flow by movement for lights work the same: Trigger movement -> AND set some conditions - THEN turn lights on/off or do something else :)

There is already a lightwave app in the app store (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.lightwaverf) best is always to take a look at the app store if there is an app for it. If there is not check the forum if someone is already building it (mentioned it) or contact the developer if it's not Athom when you miss some devices.