This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.3 Experimental

13»

Comments

• undergroundunderground Member
    edited June 2017
    rtna said:
    System 332Mb, Swap 430Mb, Homey 134Mb and 42 apps installed. No problems at all with speed and stable as never before.
    I don't think @jorden is helped with your reaction. I see it a lot. Someone is reporting a problem and others, whom don't have that problem, reacting that there is no problem. Well, it seems there is a problem, at least @jorden (and probably others too) have a problem.
    At least now Athom knows there is a potential problem and they should contact @jorden to see the cause of this problem. It might be due to a specific app in combination with RC11, but what ever it is, it should be investigated.

If someone reports a problem, it would be better if others who don't have this problem don't respond, but others who have the same problem also reports it. That would help Athom to find a common ground and therefore the root cause of the problem.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Homey is stuttering with speech and is turning on lights delayed and everything. I'll try a reboot to see if that fixes it.
  • I wonder if the sluggish Homey's are related to the number of flows or the way the flows are setup.

As extreme example, if you want a flow to trigger on a Saturday at 8:00 am you could create a flow a flow which checks every minute of the condition is met that it's Saturday and 8:00 am or you could create a flow that checks every 08:00 am is the condition it's a Saturday is met. The first flow runs every minute and the second on once a day.

In this case it's obvious that it can be optimized but there are more cases where optimization is not that obvious.

I can imagine that flows that run often slow down Homey.
  • rtnartna Member
    @underground: I do not agree. @jorden does report a problem which he apparently relates to the mentioned specifications, namely memory and swap. If someone else, based on the same specifications, does not have that problem, it's always useful to report.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    @underground @jorden @rtna Here on the forum only everybody's case can be shared, if you want to report a problem / issue that needs to be at Github, the forum is more a community forum.  Athom can't track all bugs/problems/feature requests that are made in posts on the forum, therefore is Github. Also don't forget 1.3 is still experimental and therefore can give unresponsive issues that are not expected. Please make an issue at github -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • jordenjorden Member
    A reboot actually solved it. Now uses 110 MB for Homey and 47 MB for System. And everything is fast again!
  • @jorden sounds like a memory leak in one of the apps you're using.. When you experience it again, find out which app is using all your memory. 
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited June 2017
    @underground @jorden @rtna Here on the forum only everybody's case can be shared, if you want to report a problem / issue that needs to be at Github, the forum is more a community forum.  Athom can't track all bugs/problems/feature requests that are made in posts on the forum, therefore is Github. Also don't forget 1.3 is still experimental and therefore can give unresponsive issues that are not expected. Please make an issue at github -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
    We had this discussion before on this forum. It is not my product, not my company, not my income, not my future pension. It is up to Athom if they want to be kept informed or rely only on github. For me this forum is the place to report a problem (forum hosted by Athom themselfs).
    Athom should be ashamed if they say that they don't keep in contact with the community, because it is too much work. Wow. By the way, it really isn't and I am convinced that they see whats going on on this forum.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You've seen @Bram around and before @Annemarie so Athom is here too but the forum is not, like was made clear several times before, the place to file issues. That's what Github is for. So you can state "For me this forum is the place to report a problem" but then you can't expect full support from Athom. It's like me shouting at the town square I want more parking-space in the neighboorhood I live in. Then people also tell me to write a letter or place a phonecall, even though the town square is owned by the city council and you know: even the mayor walks over it sometimes...
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    We had this discussion before on this forum. It is not my product, not my company, not my income, not my future pension. It is up to Athom if they want to be kept informed or rely only on github. For me this forum is the place to report a problem (forum hosted by Athom themselfs).
    Athom should be ashamed if they say that they don't keep in contact with the community, because it is too much work. Wow. By the way, it really isn't and I am convinced that they see whats going on on this forum.
    Just like you say not your call, Athom uses Github for bugs/problems/feature requests and you can choose to use it or not. If the team of Athom needs to read every post and find every bug/problem/feature request here or on slack then they have a dayjob to do it. But i think @bvdbos made a nice comparison to state why it's done that way. 
  • Ever since I updated to 1.3.0.rc11 a couple of days ago, Homey continuously tells me that he is "Not connected to Athom Cloud". I already tried a reboot and a full power down/power up, but that hasn't solved it. Am I the only one having this issue?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2017
    @Bumblez what is the date in your homey
  • caseda said:
    @Bumblez what is the date in your homey
    It shows the date as 2016-08-07. I assume that is also caused by the lack of cloud connection...

• casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2017
    @Bumblez No, it is the other way around, you don't have a connection because the date is wrong. 
    Please contact support@athom.com or if you are on slack directly with @JeroenVollenbrock.

I had the same on 1.3 Rc11 and trying to fix it myself caused the settings to corrupt, it is fixed in rc12, but with the wrong date you can't update yourself, I think athom is able to force it when they know something of your homey. (cloud ID or bearer token, not sure which) 
  • Ok, will do. Thanks for the info.
  • My System memory usage is -10.74 mb ?!?

• caseda said:
    @Bumblez No, it is the other way around, you don't have a connection because the date is wrong. 
    Please contact support@athom.com or if you are on slack directly with @JeroenVollenbrock.

I had the same on 1.3 Rc11 and trying to fix it myself caused the settings to corrupt, it is fixed in rc12, but with the wrong date you can't update yourself, I think athom is able to force it when they know something of your homey. (cloud ID or bearer token, not sure which) 
    The invalid time/date and the lost settings are two different problems. If you encounter a wrong date and have no cloud connection, please contact us at support@athom.com so we can help you to resolve the issue. (It is also possible to contact me directly on slack)
  • glijie said:
    @Amelsfort   here an example how you can do this in one flow:

IF movement AND time is after 18:00 hours AND question "Did you take out the trash? is yes THEN say "well done"  AND deactivate flow .... AND activate flow ....  after 361 minutes
    ELSE take out the trash AND deactivate flow .... AND activate flow .... after 361 minutes

[EDIT ] Nope is not working  :#  need indeed minimal 2 flows

Just bought my Homey over the weekend and so far I'm liking it. But for me to, the else helps but still many 'flows' consist of two flows. An enhancement where the 'then' en 'else' each could contain an IFTH would help keeping things clear. Visually, but also preventing me from introducing 'temporary' variables/tags to pass between flows
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited June 2017
    Just bought my Homey over the weekend and so far I'm liking it. But for me to, the else helps but still many 'flows' consist of two flows. An enhancement where the 'then' en 'else' each could contain an IFTH would help keeping things clear. Visually, but also preventing me from introducing 'temporary' variables/tags to pass between flows
    A snake-like IF ... THEN... ELSE THEN... ELSE THEN ... ELSE THEN would be ideal, but it doesn't really fit well in the current interface of Homey. I'm really hoping that advanced features like these will come in the future.

I recommend to use a folder structure to nest your flows.
    Folder A: Flow A (IF ... THEN ... ELSE flow B
        Folder B: Flow B (IF ... THEN ... ELSE flow C

Better logic is a great app to manage your variables and pass them between your flows. If you name them consistently (the flow where they are set (A.value) or the flow where they are used (B.value)), managing a ton of them is relatively easy and clean. 

Edit: I created a feature request for it here: [Suggestion] If Then Elsethen Elsethen ... flows #1636
  • @JeroenVollenbrock
     I also experience some problems with wrong time and date. Every time after a power down / restart it is stuck on 22-05-2016.
    I can repair this with a reset (10sec upside down) but this is anoying. Can someone please look into this?

PS: I am on 1.3.1 and my homey is 1,5 weeks old

• casedacaseda Member
    @TweetieDB
    that bug is fixed in 1.3.2 (experimental update) but because of some weirdness with that update (in certain cases, the inital startup of apps can take several hours to start up) it was never released to stable.

for 1.3.1 there is a (temporary) fix, but since i am not allowed to just give the fix please take contact with support@athom.com, which is most likely faster to get helped then trying to mention @JeroenVollenbrock here. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.