This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Niet verbonden met athom cloud

klaasklaas Member
edited May 2017 in Questions & Help

Beste service desk,

Sinds vanochtend ( 16-11-2016 ) heeft mijn homey geen verbinding meer met de athom cloud.
Ik kan er wel op in loggen maar er staat een melding 
' Niet verbonden met athom cloud " hierdoor werkt de app helaas ook niet meer. 

Hebben er meer mensen hier last van ? 

Overigens heb ik uiteraard ook de service desk hierover benaderd , maar deze reageert niet op de mailtjes !

Tagged:

Comments

• Ps klaas said:

Beste service desk,

Sinds vanochtend ( 16-11-2016 ) heeft mijn homey geen verbinding meer met de athom cloud.
    Ik kan er wel op in loggen maar er staat een melding 
    ' Niet verbonden met athom cloud " hierdoor werkt de app helaas ook niet meer. 

Hebben er meer mensen hier last van ? 

Overigens heb ik uiteraard ook de service desk hierover benaderd , maar deze reageert niet op de mailtjes !

Overigens ook niet na de update van vanochtend
  • Try to restart homey.

Status.atom.com says it's working fine. And for me it is. So check your wifi and restart it. Maybe it will solve your problem
  • tim1990 said:
    Try to restart homey.

Status.atom.com says it's working fine. And for me it is. So check your wifi and restart it. Maybe it will solve your problem
    I did already restart it a view times , and yes my wifi is okey . Because i can login at my homey .
  • klaas said:
    tim1990 said:
    Try to restart homey.

I did already restart it a view times , and yes my wifi is okey . Because i can login at my homey .
    And i can manage my kaku stuf ( put the lights on and off , etc. ) so my wifi is okey. I thnk maybe a fw at the cloud server from athom 
  • Hi Klaas, I saw your email from yesterday and this morning and asked my colleague to look in your situation. I send you a response and hope to hear from you soon! ^Annemarie
  • Annemarie said:
    Hi Klaas, I saw your email from yesterday and this morning and asked my colleague to look in your situation. I send you a response and hope to hear from you soon! ^Annemarie
    I replied to your mail :-)
  • I do not hope, that this call wil take any longer then today !
    it takes already 3 days that i can't reach my homey whit the app .
  • Sinds this evening i'll get the same error message. Can enyone tell me what the problem is. I have already restarted my Homey but that dit not solved the problem.
  • It looks like there are some problems with athoms servers these days. Will be fixed i can assure you
  • klaas said:
    I do not hope, that this call wil take any longer then today !
    Hallo Klaas heb jij dit probleem nog steeds?
  • klaasklaas Member
    Pizzaking said:
    klaas said:
    I do not hope, that this call wil take any longer then today !
    Hallo Klaas heb jij dit probleem nog steeds?
    nee hoor , dat was een tijdje geleden het geval, ging vanzelf weer over ;-(
  • Ok ik heb het inmiddels ook al opgelost
  • BramBram Member
    @Pizzaking How did you solve the issue?
  • Bram said:
    I did not had NTP server configured in my DHCP scope so the Homey did not get the correct time/date it was standing on the year 1970.
    After setting the correct NTP server the connection to the Athom Cloud was restored.
  • Pizzaking said:
    Bram said:
    I did not had NTP server configured in my DHCP scope so the Homey did not get the correct time/date it was standing on the year 1970.
    After setting the correct NTP server the connection to the Athom Cloud was restored.
    Hi @Pizzaking
    I read your comment on the forum before, happy to hear it is working now!

It is very strange you solved the problem by configuring an NTP server. 
    Most consumers don't have an NTP server configured at the DHCP scope and everything works normal!
    I already asked Emile about what Homey does do with the NTP server configured from a DHCP scope and he will ask a colleague to look at it.

Is it possible that your DHCP server was providing a faulty NTP server? fe an old one that doesn't exist anymore or the IP of your own router that didn't have NTP services running?

For most user where no NTP server is configured from the DHCP server, Homey should normally function  and use a standard (from Firmware configured) NTP server. (Don't know which) Assuming that normally all NTP servers are reachable from your network and no firewall is preventing this, this should work!
  • PizzakingPizzaking Member
    edited May 2017
    Pizzaking said:
    Bram said:
    Hi @Pizzaking
    I read your comment on the forum before, happy to hear it is working now!

It is very strange you solved the problem by configuring an NTP server. 
    Most consumers don't have an NTP server configured at the DHCP scope and everything works normal!
    I already asked Emile about what Homey does do with the NTP server configured from a DHCP scope and he will ask a colleague to look at it.

Is it possible that your DHCP server was providing a faulty NTP server? fe an old one that doesn't exist anymore or the IP of your own router that didn't have NTP services running?

For most user where no NTP server is configured from the DHCP server, Homey should normally function  and use a standard (from Firmware configured) NTP server. (Don't know which) Assuming that normally all NTP servers are reachable from your network and no firewall is preventing this, this should work!
    Thats correct i have a Fortigate firewall at home and the DHCP server is running and that.
    One of the DHCP options is NTP which can not be ignored.
    In my case it was set to a specific ip address 0.0.0.0 ;)
    After changing it to Same as System NTP the homey had the good time, after a reset the connection  to the cloud was back.
  • Hi People,

I have similar issues since today (perhaps yesterday). I rebooted a few times (and updated to 1.5.6-rc.6) but my device keeps saying "Not connected to Athom cloud", which also results in not being able to use IFTTT (which I do a lot).

status.athom.com shows everything is fine, the app works as well (can switch KAKU lights), no internet issues and nothing changed in my setup as far as I remember.

Any ideas?
    How do I disconnect/reconnect to the athom cloud anyway? Where do I enter credentials.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @RutgerJansen
    What is the time on your homey? 
    Settings -> system -> stuff for geeks -> "date_human" (so not "date"

And is your location correct (try setting it to manual and back to automatic, or leave it in manual and replace your location pin)
  • RutgerJansenRutgerJansen Member
    edited December 2017
    @caseda It's actually 1 hour early. Currently date_human is
    Tuesday 12th December 2017 15:11:29
    Same as date field (zulu time): 
    2017-12-12T15:12:24.478Z
    Time zone however is empty.

My location was already set to manual (Amsterdam). Just set it to automatic and rebooted. Same same
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @RutgerJansen
    the hour early is at least the cause of homey not wanting to connect to the cloud, have seen it more often, and a normal reboot fixed it until now for all other cases.
    I guess your homey is a bit more stubborn, or something is blocking its NTP connection (a router can do that by for example using the DNS service of google, aka 8.8.8.8).

if this is not the case for you (just normal DNS, no NTP servers running or no weird firewalls active), i would suggest you contact athom directly via support@athom.com :smile:
  • Re-connect Homey to wifi might be the solution.
    https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000011/
  • caseda said:
    I guess your homey is a bit more stubborn, or something is blocking its NTP connection (a router can do that by for example using the DNS service of google, aka 8.8.8.8).
    And here you got me triggered. I'm running a pi-hole DNS locally but was already facing some problems where a local hostname was unavailable. I fixed the broken pi-hole DNS. The homey is connected to the athom cloud again, though (even after a reboot) it still has the same 1 hour time difference and no mentioned time zone.

However I was stupid enough not to check the current status of the homey just before fixing the DNS, so it might be that it was already working earlier today.