This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Any progress in 433Mhz?

Can we expect any progress in Homey 433Mhz reliability? Last month I bought myself a "simple and obsolete" KlikAanKlikuit ICS-2000 control station. It works with 100% reliability with all devices anywhere in the house where Homey failed after 7 meters.
Circumstances (walls, "433 noise") are the same.  The only conclusion to be made is that Homey does not do what is  promised in the specifications. (Last newsletter about carefree holidays is highly misplaced.)

Comments

• swtttswttt Member
    You might be better off sending them an email. This is a community forum that Athom isn't monitoring all the time, these questions are getting answered faster there. 

Nevertheless, it isn't fair to compare a control station that has ONLY 433 with something like Homey. A control station is build to use 433 optimal (and alone) , where Homey needs to worry about interfering with other antennas inside. (z-wave, wifi, bluetooth and soon zigbee)

I don't use 433 myself, so i can't comment on the functioning of it tho.

Lets hope they got a solution for you, otherwise i do recommend looking into z-wave. Has been working here stable (and trough the whole house) since their rewrite.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    What @swttt says plus on top of that, it's only KaKu, one specific brand. And not only the radio's are less, also all other possibilities are much less sophisticated...
  • I have several KaKu devices and remotes thoughout the house and they work flawlessly for months now.  
    7 meters seems a very short range indeed. I would guess it is caused by a lot of noise in your area. Many users have much better range then 7 meters. As stated in other comments, Homey has a much thougher job as it needs to destinguish a lot of different signals. Also, KaKu is known to cheat a bit by blasting the signal several times which "polutes" the 433mhz frequency.

I would suggest to see if you can make small adjustment to improve the reception.
    - Try to minimize the traffic on 433mhz by avoiding duplicate control stations or repeaters.
    - Move Homey and/or the receiver a bit (half a meter can already make a big difference).
    - Ensure Kaku devices are spread out and not plugged into the same power cord. The devices are known to cause interference on the powercable they are connected to.
    - Stay away from water lines as these can cause a lot of interference as well.

Optimizing your KaKu placement will always pay off, regarless if you're using Homey or the KaKu control station. I hope your situation will improve.