This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Wall Plug zwave plus

i have the plug connected to my wasching machine,the working is great no complains about that
but if you look with the app homey logger then i see every second traffic insights logentry in my case 0.3 the amount of energie
how can i reduce that traffic,because it is way to much

Comments

• VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited May 2017
    What's the range like on this device? I was thinking of doing the same (washing machine etc.), but Homey is on the ground floor and the washing machine is on the 2nd floor, so I'm wondering whether it will reach or not...
  • @satbopper what are the settings you are using with the Fibaro wall plug?
    You have 3 settings to play with:
    1. Watt report - 'How much must the Wattage have changed (in percentage) before the value is being send immediatly. Range: 1 - 99, 100 = Not used'
    2. Watt Report Threshold - 'How much must the Wattage at least have changed (in percentage) before the value is being send on the interval. Range: 1 - 99, 100 = Not used'
    3. Watt Report Interval - 'Set the interval (in seconds) that the Wattage is being send, if change is more then the specified threshold. Range: 5 - 600'

Info in " " is a direct copy of the information available in the hint of the setting...
  • Do you know if the plug can be linked to Homey as well as Toon at the same time?
  • You can not include a z-wave device into 2 seperate z-wave networks! Toon has is own z-wave network
  • Thanks! One more question, I see on the device that it says Max 2500W... Does this mean that it will only provide accurate measurement up to 2500W or that what ever is plugged into it should not exceed 2500W?
  • The latter
  • VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited May 2017
    Today I decided to reset my ZWave, for no other reason than to get the numbering correct in Homey's map :smiley:

However I noticed that my wall plugs no longer show the Watts used etc anymore, I can only turn it off or on. Is this normal?

the only thing I did differently was that I said it was a lamp, instead of just a generic plug. But should that really matter?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    @Veldkornet that is fixed in 1.3
  • caseda said:
    @Veldkornet that is fixed in 1.3
    Great! Forget I said anything then ;)

• jovinkjovink Member
    Is it also possible to choose for ventilation or heating? 
    A long time ago it didn't work. 
  • What would be the benefit for selecting 'ventilator'? 

I have 3 plugs powering ventilators, but these are included as lamps. 
  • Eternity said:
    What would be the benefit for selecting 'ventilator'? 

I have 3 plugs powering ventilators, but these are included as lamps. 
    In this case when u say: kill all the lights, the fan will also be killed because Homey thinks it's a light!
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Indeed what @Rocodamelshe says. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    @jovink ;I'm not sure about the ventilation and heating one, I can try this evening

Just checked the developer validation code, and the capabilities are in there as well, so 99% sure it will work for those also
  • jovinkjovink Member
    caseda said:
    @jovink ;I'm not sure about the ventilation and heating one, I can try this evening

Just checked the developer validation code, and the capabilities are in there as well, so 99% sure it will work for those also
    That's fast! 
    This weekend I will reset homey completely and add them in the right group. Hope it also works for the neo's 
  • Thanks for the answer!