This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official CommunityApp

[App] Samsung Smart TV by Casper Boone - main discussion topic

12346»

Comments

• Is it possible to add a 'Set Volume' action? This would be sooo handy, because I often want to set the volume to a certain level, rather than increasing/decreasing it.
  • D8000 not found or compatible  :'(
  • @casperboone

I found this information source: Samsung Smartview SDK . Already known to you?
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Any plans to continue this app? 
  • posthokposthok Member
    I think this apps is not supported anymore
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I think you're right. 
    I hope @Athom will continue with it. 

• caspercasper Member
    edited May 2017
    Well, it's still sort of supported, just not very actively ;). As far as I know the app still works on the newest Homey versions. However, I don't use my Homey very often mainly because I simply don't have the time for it, let alone have the time to work on this app. So, don't expect much updates from me the coming time, but I'm always open to contributions (in terms of pull requests) from the community of course.
  • caspercasper Member
    EvertorN said:
    Is it possible to add a 'Set Volume' action? This would be sooo handy, because I often want to set the volume to a certain level, rather than increasing/decreasing it.
    As far as I know, this is not possible unfortunately. I know the current volume features aren't super useful, but I believe Samsung doesn't expose a way to set the volume directly.
  • caspercasper Member
    RichardR said:
    D8000 not found or compatible  :'(
    There is a D-series prototype which you can try, which I posted a few pages back. Don't expect too much from it, since it is a prototype, but you might want to take a look at it.
  • caspercasper Member
    NewTon said:
    @casperboone

I found this information source: Samsung Smartview SDK . Already known to you?
    Unfortunately, this is about something different then we need. Thanks for sharing!
  • I have briefly discussed the integration of Samsung TVs with Athom in the early days and they confirmed that the API provided by Samsung is very limited. There is little different in using the API over infrared. 

I use the better presence app in addition to the Samsung tv to detect if the TV is on or not which is pretty useful. I actually don't know if I can do this with the Samsung app... Anyone tried it?
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm a new Homey User since today.

I installed the samsung tv app and added my tv to Homey. It says it is connected fine I try to make a flow where the tv shows channel NED 1 at 20:00 o clock (news)
    The tv is shown in the flow page.I can add it to the "dan" field. But if I want to select a channel at "change channel" there is no channel choice but an error code showing a red triangel and text saying device with a long number.

How to fix this?
  • Welcome Canedje, 

Are you using the App Samsung Smart TV from Casper Boone ? or something else?
    There is already an thread about that App,  but maybe no that clearly visible.
    (I will rename that an create a New opening Post) 

Casper is not actively developing on that App anymore as he doesn't have an Samsung. 

Other important question: What TV do you have? Not all years / models are fully supported.

For now you can maybe try the Athom IR app for Samsung as that could also work. 
  • Yes its the Casper Boone app.
    Thanks for the answer and suggestion.

I need to check modell number
    Athom IR could be a good alternative.

• jovink said:
    I think you're right. 
    I hope @Athom will continue with it. 

that should be very nice indeed!!
  • canedje said:

Yes its the Casper Boone app.
    Thanks for the answer and suggestion.

I need to check modell number
    Athom IR could be a good alternative.

I used  instead the app Samsung Tv IR. That works fine B)

The tv model is: Samsung UE46F8000