This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• zimbrazimbra Member
    So short summary; if I want to use Homey to start harmony flows (no other fancy features required) I need to install the 0.3.4 version and create a heartbeat flow?
    Currently I'm running 1.04 but I also get the device error tcarnal mentioned before.
  • JulianJulian Member
    I currently have 1.0.4 working ok as said with the heartbeat flow. I know I have had that device error once or twice but I solved that by trying various things as PTP on both Homey and the Harmony hub, de-activating and activating the app and deleting and re-adding the hub itself. It has been quite a while I had to configure something so I do not know anymore what exactly did the trick. But did not get the error anymore. 
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    What do You guys create for a heartbeat flow?

really haven't got the faintest idea
  • glijieglijie Member
    make a flow that sends every 15 minutes  signal to the harmony hub. choose a signal that does nothing.
    it is just to keep your harmony awake. 
  • ispaapenispaapen Member
    edited May 2017
    tcarnal said:
    What do You guys create for a heartbeat flow?

really haven't got the faintest idea
    In Harmony Hub add a device you don't have. I added a Sony TV. Then create a flow that does anything to that device every 15- 30 minutes. I use the mute command. That way the Harmony Hub will stay online.

• tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Perfect thats easy

thx for the explanations
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    I just restart the app with the candy app every 2 hours works prerfect.
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Yesterday had my first succes 
    when I stopped a harmony session it finally activated a flow and turned my lights to full brightness

hope it keeps working
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    Wow full brightness hope you had some  B) 
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    It definitely woke me up
  • zimbrazimbra Member
    I'm trying to implement the keepalive flow. I can select my devices in the 'stuur een commando' card but for 'soort' and 'opdracht' I'm not getting a list of possible commands? Do I need to fix something manually?
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    I had the same thing, but after removing the Hub and adding it again in devices it worked
    I send a guide command to my Ziggo Horizon box as it is a command the Horizon box won't accept on IR (i know stupid) but it seems to work
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    @tcarnal you can get the guide working for the ziggo horizon box. By making a sequence menu wait 3 seconds and ok. 
    you can also make a sequence to exit it with two times menu.

Sorry a bit of topic ;)
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Hahaha Thx,
     had thought of that in the past but haven't got around it yet and now the kids are trained in pressing menu and oke hahahaha

te guide button not working is ideal to keep the harmony awake in a flow without adding extra devices and stuff

thx
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    hmm worked for 2 day's but failed again
    yet again the error i showed before even with the heartbeat flow at every 15min
  • JasperBJasperB Member
    Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to harmony, and do not yet own a hub. Planning to buy one though.
    Is it also possible for homey to read what activity has been started by the remote (through the hub)? 
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Normally yes

i use it to let say turn my light on after i shutdown an harmony thing with my remote
  • @JasperB

Yes! That was the latest addition to the Harmony App; the use of Harmony Activities as triggers in flows. In my case that enabled me to use the hardware remote from Logitech to start my television and receiver whilst Homey 'saw' the started activity and would power-on my subwoofer via a z-wave power-plug.

Unfortunately, the current Harmony App is broken / not 100%

• JasperBJasperB Member
    Thanks guys, luckily it works for me (using a keepalive flow).
    Enabling me to close the blinds when I start watching tv ;)
  • zimbrazimbra Member
    Still not working for me :(
    Can't create the keepalive flow since I'm not retrieving any buttons..

Already reinstalled the app a few times.

• tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Yesterday restarted my Homey due to some z-wave issues and like it was magic, my Harmony flows start working again
    Hope they will work longer than 2day's like the last time

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You could use candy to reboot every night as a workaround:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/info.matjaz.candy
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Thx
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    zimbra said:

Are you using the official desktop app or browser (Chrome)?
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    is it possible to send a specific command?

For example i want to use a option to send to my pioneer receiver/amplifier the command to switch between speakers A and speakers B

In harmony i assigned a button to do this, but how do i do this using a flow?
  • Yes Its possible to send a specific device command
  • My harmony is finally working
    i have Candy restart the harmony app every 2 hours

First I did it every 2 days but then it still failed after some time

then restarted it every 12h but still had moments it stopped working 

so changed it to 2 hours and no issues ever sins
  • zimbra said:

I have the same issue, but for some reason after you select the field for the device after 10 to 15 sec and suddenly pops up the device list and then I'll be able to select a command
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    tcarnal said:
    Yes Its possible to send a specific device command
    How?
  • B3rt said:
    tcarnal said:
    Yes Its possible to send a specific device command
    How?
    Will send you some screen shots in a view minutes.