This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

App to support Yeelight

Comments

• So i want to buy some yeelight lamps i need to make sure that they are wi-fi controlled ? (to get them working with IFTTT) 

Is the Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp also working with IFTTT ?
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    So i want to buy some yeelight lamps i need to make sure that they are wi-fi controlled ? (to get them working with IFTTT) 

Yes to get IFTTT working the lamps need to be the wifi version,  and i do think the bedside lamp is supported aswel yea. 

And we welcome you to the yeelight bumb for an reaction from Athom thread! :) 
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    So i want to buy some yeelight lamps i need to make sure that they are wi-fi controlled ? (to get them working with IFTTT) 

Just be aware that Yeelight also sells "the same" lights as Bluetooth versions. As far as I know these do not work with IFTTT.
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    @baskiers   Hey Bas we've heard rumors that you've been working on a yeelight app?  Could we bother you to ask how things are comming along, as in a interested in your work way :).

Thanks for your time and effort

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2017
    I have asked @Bram to check with the Athom team for a official status update
  • BramBram Member
    I asked @baskiers and he told me that he is working on the app in his spare time, however right now he is really busy with other stuff.. He is planning to work on it again as soon as possible!
  • I'm working on a app to support Xiaomi Mi Home devices including the Yeelight WiFi lights. I'm awaiting the arrival of a Yeelight Bulb Color to test the app and I still have to finish saturation and hue capabilities but I hope to release it within the next two week. Pairing is a bit of a pain in the ass though as it requires you to obtain a hidden device token.

See a description and progress here: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio
  • jovinkjovink Member
    How are the colors of this lamps? 
    Is it as good as Philips hue? 
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    Phuturist said:
    I'm working on a app to support Xiaomi Mi Home devices including the Yeelight WiFi lights. I'm awaiting the arrival of a Yeelight Bulb Color to test the app and I still have to finish saturation and hue capabilities but I hope to release it within the next two week. Pairing is a bit of a pain in the ass though as it requires you to obtain a hidden device token.

See a description and progress here: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio
    Once you have a beta version, I will be hapy to test it for you!
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    jovink said:
    How are the colors of this lamps? 
    Is it as good as Philips hue? 
    Not sure since I do not own hue lights. The colors are just fine for me, especially with the huge price difference. I suggest you simply order one and judge it yourself; pricing is < 20 euro.
    https://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Yeelight-9W-RGB-E27-LED-Wireless-WIFI-Control-Smart-Light-Lamp-Bulb-AC220V-p-1054192.html

Probably even cheaper then in the link above when you do a in depth search :)
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have No Philips hue so can't compare my self. Of course I can buy a lamp but thought maybe someone can tell me. 

By by the way I like the bed lamp. But it's Bluetooth and here you spoke about wifi lamps. 

And their app can only control one lamp at the time. I hope homey can do more. 

• FloodnlFloodnl Member
    Phuturist said:
    I'm working on a app to support Xiaomi Mi Home devices including the Yeelight WiFi lights. I'm awaiting the arrival of a Yeelight Bulb Color to test the app and I still have to finish saturation and hue capabilities but I hope to release it within the next two week. Pairing is a bit of a pain in the ass though as it requires you to obtain a hidden device token.

@Phuturist  M8 if you manage to get the Yeelight working well (for me only light on and off will do) i donate you a couple of crates of beers for your effort so make sure you have your paypal up
  • Floodnl said:
    Phuturist said:

@Phuturist  M8 if you manage to get the Yeelight working well (for me only light on and off will do) i donate you a couple of crates of beers for your effort so make sure you have your paypal up
    Oeeh, the pressure ... :+1:

Patience though.

• FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited May 2017
    Phuturist said:
    Floodnl said:
    Phuturist said:

Oeeh, the pressure ... :+1:

Patience though.

No worries and no pressure, your news was the best news i heard in months, especially since Athom went off the radar not communicating anything.   I do not ask you to hurry it or anything, take your time m8 it still needs to be fun to do for you.    

i just want you to know that i appreciate your work and once you done you can go sit down and chill in the sun with 4 cases of beer :)
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    jovink said:

By by the way I like the bed lamp. But it's Bluetooth and here you spoke about wifi lamps. 

I have also 1 BT Yeelight bulb. I'm hoping for homey to turn on the BT radio; I guess the bulb will then be accessible through homey...?

The WiFi app can control numerous (yeelight) devices, I have 2 bulbs just working fine.
  • swtttswttt Member
    BT is active already. Athom has an app published in the AppStore for another BT brand light. You might be able to adapt/learn from that code. Do note that BT still is beta and subject to change!
  • jovinkjovink Member
    RuudvB said:
    jovink said:

I have also 1 BT Yeelight bulb. I'm hoping for homey to turn on the BT radio; I guess the bulb will then be accessible through homey...?

The WiFi app can control numerous (yeelight) devices, I have 2 bulbs just working fine.
    How are the colors? Is it just as good as Philips hue? 
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited May 2017
    jovink said:
    RuudvB said:
    jovink said:

Well i do not have a Phillips Hue but checking it at the MM for me it's the same,  (i know this is not possible in the app for homey) the app of yeelight even has the option to use the camera to pick a color of the thing you make a picture of. 

The only drawback of this lamp for me is that it could've had more lumen, but since the price of the lamp allows it i just put a extra lamp up and that solved my issue.

But every collor i know the lamp can make :) \

PS i do have the WiFi version not the BT one.
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    I BTW was just thinking @Bram @lubbertkramer  or any moderator  Can they get Jovink in contact with bram kiers  so he can share his progress with Jovink?  this could benifit him maybe and reducing the time it takes to get his app up. 

• Floodnl said:
    I BTW was just thinking @Bram @lubbertkramer  or any moderator  Can they get Jovink in contact with bram kiers  so he can share his progress with Jovink?  this could benifit him maybe and reducing the time it takes to get his app up. 

The progress is public: https://github.com/BasKiers/cn.xiaomi.yeelight
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Last update 2 months ago 
  • BramBram Member
    Bas is developing this application in his spare time so the best way to keep track on his process is to check Github
  • jovink said:
    RuudvB said:
    jovink said:

It's a close call but I would say that the Hue is slightly better in terms of colors.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Jerryvdv said:
    jovink said:
    RuudvB said:
    jovink said:

It's a close call but I would say that the Hue is slightly better in terms of colors.
    Do you have experience with other bulbs as well? 
  • anneanne Member
    A propos smart (wifi) bulbs, I have added support for the TP-Link LB series smart bulbs in the TP-Link app.

The LB130 color version is nice, it has good colors, inc. color temp. setting from 2500 to 9000 K (the none-color LB110/120 have this too), 800 lumen, and nice transition/dimming.

It can transition on/off over half an hour (and probably more, I need to do some more testing on that), so it could be used as a wake-up light. It als has a 'circadian' mode in which the color/intensity follows the time of day. 

As it is the only smart bulb I own I can't directly compare it to others, however the reviews are quite positive.
  • viktorviktor Member
    The LED Stripe is also working perfect. Nice colors, almost like my hue stripe.
  • I have just submitted a beta version of the Xiaomi miio app which contains basic support for Yeelights as well (only onoff, dim and temperature for now). Adding Yeelights requires some technical knowledge as you need to obtain a device token. It's described in the readme of the app but I'm not sure if Athom will allow this in the app store as it might be a little to complex. You can find the app here: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio
  • Thumbs up for this action! I'll wait for the official app, but you're making me happy today
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    Phuturist said:
    I have just submitted a beta version of the Xiaomi miio app which contains basic support for Yeelights as well (only onoff, dim and temperature for now). Adding Yeelights requires some technical knowledge as you need to obtain a device token. It's described in the readme of the app but I'm not sure if Athom will allow this in the app store as it might be a little to complex. You can find the app here: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio
    I definitely like to test your app. Unfortunately I already tried to install a beta app before, which did not work out for me. My Windows system simply refused me to do the necessary steps, although I have all admin rights... :( I know, it is Windows... (I'm missing the puke icon)

Since this already ruined a whole evening, I will wait this time for a version that I can download from the athoms app store.

However, thanks a lot! I really hope to try this soon.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2017
    It's up in the app store, it's still beta but on/off, dim and color temperature should be working. But i'm sure there will be bugs, therefor it's beta and I hope to hear from you guys on what needs improvement. You can use the app topic or the github repo for submitting bugs.

App store: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-miio
    Forum topic: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3295/
    Github issues: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/issues
This discussion has been closed.