This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• WRosWRos Member
    Left text box: http://1.2.3.4/jsonrpc?request=
    In the right textboxes:

• Delete playlist: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Playlist.Clear","params":{"playlistid":0}}
    • Load a Smart playlist: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Playlist.Add","params":{"playlistid":0,"item":{"directory": "special://profile/playlists/music/NameOfSmartPlaylist.xsp", "media": "music"}},"id":1}
    • Start playing: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "playlistid": 0, "position": 0 } }, "id": 1}
    On the second card i've set 2 seconds wait time
    For the last card 8 second wait time.
  • Thank you Sir! 
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN

I have a trigger when a movie starts then say, enjoy the movie (title), the problem is sometimes homey says, sometimes nothing, i cant find the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks
  • olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN

I have a trigger when a movie starts then say, enjoy the movie (title), the problem is sometimes homey says, sometimes nothing, i cant find the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks
    Yeah I have a hunch. Unfortunately, not every version of Kodi gives information about the movie it started. For example, Kodi on Android does not do this. This is why the events are not firing in some cases. Can you tell me which device you have Kodi installed on? And is it the same device where it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't? Also, how do you start the movies? Are they in your (local) library, or do you use an addon like Exodus?
  • oliveolive Member
    EvertorN said:
    olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN

Thanks
    Yeah I have a hunch. Unfortunately, not every version of Kodi gives information about the movie it started. For example, Kodi on Android does not do this. This is why the events are not firing in some cases. Can you tell me which device you have Kodi installed on? And is it the same device where it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't? Also, how do you start the movies? Are they in your (local) library, or do you use an addon like Exodus?
    Hi @EvertorN

I use kodi on intel nuc with windows version and its same device with my local library (qnap server). I hope you can find the problem. And BIG THANKS for the great work in your free time !!!
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN

New problem (sorry), when i start kodi and i have  a trigger when homey reconnect, then trigger hue scene, dont triggered. When i end kodi and restart homey, no problem everything is fine. Is it not possible to make a trigger when homey connect (not reconnect). Thanks
  • olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN

New problem (sorry), when i start kodi and i have  a trigger when homey reconnect, then trigger hue scene, dont triggered. When i end kodi and restart homey, no problem everything is fine. Is it not possible to make a trigger when homey connect (not reconnect). Thanks
    Hey! It would be easy to make sure the same event also fires the first time Homey connects to Kodi. Would that solve your problem, or would you require a separate event for 'connect' and 'reconnect'? 
  • oliveolive Member
    edited April 2017
    EvertorN said:
    olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN

Hey! It would be easy to make sure the same event also fires the first time Homey connects to Kodi. Would that solve your problem, or would you require a separate event for 'connect' and 'reconnect'? 
    @EvertorN

Can you make it separate, that woulde be cool.EvertorN said:
    olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN

Thanks
    Do you find the problem?

Thanks
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN

Any news?
  • Yeah is there any news? I would really like to see PVR support and some other things..
  • Sorry guys, I've been very busy. Just moved house so really busy with the move and getting settled. Not sure when I have the time to work on the app again. 

@olive The problem is probably due to version of kodi / hardware you're running kodi on. I'd have to do some testing to see if I can somehow capture the events, but unfortunately, no time... 
  • oliveolive Member
    EvertorN said:
    Sorry guys, I've been very busy. Just moved house so really busy with the move and getting settled. Not sure when I have the time to work on the app again. 

@olive The problem is probably due to version of kodi / hardware you're running kodi on. I'd have to do some testing to see if I can somehow capture the events, but unfortunately, no time... 
    Thanks @EvertorN

No stress!
  • @olive The reason is that you are probably trying to start the movie from the homescreen of your Kodi. For some reason Kodi does not give any details about the movie you're starting when you start it from the home screen. If you got to Movies and then select the movie from the list it should work. Could you confirm that?

I'll have a look and see if I can find a way to get the movie details even if you start the movie from the homescreen
  • Uploaded v1.9 to git that should solve all the issues with flows for movies/episodes that did not get triggered

Could some people please test? (@fire69, @Phuturist ?)

Try to start movies from your homescreen, the library and from an addon like Exodus and see if it all works for you :).
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN

Please push the new version on the app store, or gives some problem.

Thanks
  • Any news on this? 
  • oliveolive Member
    Any news on this? 
    I think everton waits for SDK v2 is released.
  • RichyRichy Member
    edited July 2017
    Is there a way I can add the standby / suspend function? This is the only one working with my device to shutdown.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited July 2017
    feature request:

add type of media.

Somehing like:

IF kodi play MOVIES
    THEN trigger this

IF kodi play TV SERIES
    THE trigger this

Why you ask?
    I like to dim the lights when i watch a movie, but not when i am watching a TV series (or the wife is watching a new episode of "Desperate housewife' etc.

So i would only want to use kodi triggers when a MOVIE is played or maybe an other flow when only music or a TV series is started.

Hope this can be added.

• RichyRichy Member
    edited July 2017
    I keep getting "unexpected server response (401)" when trying to connect.
    Is there a user/passwd problem in this case? I use standard logins, same as for Kodi remote app. This app connects without a problem. I use port 80.
    Wake on lan works on the same IP.
    Shutting down the remote app makes no difference.
    Tried network, modem, router, Homey, Kodi reboots/restarts.
    I'm using OpenELEC 5. This is an older version which cannot be updated due to specific configurated and adjusted for the hardware. Do not have the time to build a new dedicated OpenELEC version soon.

The very first time installing there has been a connection if I remember right.
    I tried other versions from git as well. Sometimes getting error 200.

Don't know where to look anymore. Any hints?
    Thanks in advance.

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    B3rt said:
    feature request:

add type of media.

Somehing like:

IF kodi play MOVIES
    THEN trigger this

IF kodi play TV SERIES
    THE trigger this

Why you ask?
    I like to dim the lights when i watch a movie, but not when i am watching a TV series (or the wife is watching a new episode of "Desperate housewife' etc.

So i would only want to use kodi triggers when a MOVIE is played or maybe an other flow when only music or a TV series is started.

Hope this can be added.

There are already cards for this? 'A movie starts', 'an episode starts', 'Music starts', ...
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited July 2017
    Richy said:
    Is there a way I can add the standby function? This is the only one working with my device to shutdown.
    You could do it with the "html request" card.

What do you meant with "standby"?
    I use the screensaver as standby function.
  • RichyRichy Member
    edited July 2017
    WRos said:
    Richy said:
    Is there a way I can add the standby function? This is the only one working with my device to shutdown.
    You could do it with the "html request" card.

What do you meant with "standby"?
    I use the screensaver as standby function.
    My bad, Standby = Suspend in Kodi.

Can you explain  '"html request" card'? <- FOUND IT! Thanks. :-) With this I can just use HTTP/JSON.

• Sorry guys I was on holiday. Just submitted 1.9 for approval. This should fix the trigger issues with movie start etc for some versions of kodi. This will also be the last update for sdk1. I'll have to completely rewrite the app for it to be compatible with sdk2 so this will take a while.
  • oliveolive Member
    EvertorN said:
    Sorry guys I was on holiday. Just submitted 1.9 for approval. This should fix the trigger issues with movie start etc for some versions of kodi. This will also be the last update for sdk1. I'll have to completely rewrite the app for it to be compatible with sdk2 so this will take a while.
    Thanks @EvertorN!!! 

Great News.
  • EvertorN said:

Could some people please test? (@fire69, @Phuturist ?)
    Sorry, not that much time to test lately.  Haven't done much with my Homey in general :(
  • Richy said:
    Is there a user/passwd problem in this case? I use standard logins, same as for Kodi remote app. This app connects without a problem. I use port 80.
    I'm using OpenELEC 5. This is an older version which cannot be updated due to specific configurated and adjusted for the hardware. Do not have the time to build a new dedicated OpenELEC version soon.

Thanks in advance.

Still can't connect to Kodi on OpenELEC ... :-(
    "Error: unexpected server response (200)"
    Really don't know how to get it to connect.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited August 2017
    Fire69 said:
    B3rt said:
    feature request:

add type of media.

Somehing like:

IF kodi play MOVIES
    THEN trigger this

IF kodi play TV SERIES
    THE trigger this

Why you ask?

Hope this can be added.

There are already cards for this? 'A movie starts', 'an episode starts', 'Music starts', ...

Really?! Never noticed this....  Gonna try it out if it does what i was looking for :)

edit:
    tested it but does not work...

I created a few test flows such as:
    an episode starts
    an movie starts
    music is started

And then let homey send me a message on my phone and say something...

Started testing:
    - music seems to be working
    - movie seems for 90% working, tried several movies and indeed homey responded and executed the flow on most movies i started but not all!
    - series seems not to be working at all, tried a lot of tv series and NONE of them worked, homey did NOTHING at all.

So the idea is there now to get it to work :)
  • Guys version 1.9 has just been published to the app store, so you should all receive the update shortly.

@B3rt this should solve your issues with movies/series triggers.
  • Richy said:
    Richy said:

Thanks in advance.

Still can't connect to Kodi on OpenELEC ... :-(
    "Error: unexpected server response (200)"
    Really don't know how to get it to connect.
    Please refer to the FAQ in the main post of this thread.