This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Z-Wave.Me

Comments

• Yesterday I received a z-wave.ml WALLC-S that I bought on ROBBshop.nl. I tried to connect this device to homey but nothing I do will connect it. First I replaced the battery for a new one, because the device did nothing at all. When I try to connect it, my homey will not respond and after a few moment homey says "interview verlopen". 

I also restored the device to factory settings by holding down all four button for 5 seconds and than press 3 and 4 for a few second. Also now the device won't connect.

Someone hows know how I can connect it?
    @HarmLutjeboer I have the WALLC-S2 and by putting it in management mode by holding all four buttons untill the green led start to blink, usually 1 second, I can add or remove the switch by pressing button 1.
  • The WALLC-S devices are a pain in the a.. when it comes to inclusion. Took me 5 atemps yesterday to include. Try a reboot of Homey before you atemp to include it. Mine did after that.
  • HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited March 2017
    mauriceb said:
    @HarmLutjeboer I have the WALLC-S2 and by putting it in management mode by holding all four buttons untill the green led start to blink, usually 1 second, I can add or remove the switch by pressing button 1.
    I did that, nothing happend. 
    edited March 2017
    The WALLC-S devices are a pain in the a.. when it comes to inclusion. Took me 5 atemps yesterday to include. Try a reboot of Homey before you atemp to include it. Mine did after that.
    I tried it with a reboot and restart the app. No luck so far. When I get home today, I'll will try it again.

I was considering to replace some of my Philips Hue Dimmer Switches with this WALLC-S, but if inclusion is so terrible than that isn't a option I think
  • MarcvZMarcvZ Member
    edited March 2017
    Yesterday I received a z-wave.ml WALLC-S that I bought on ROBBshop.nl. I tried to connect this device to homey but nothing I do will connect it. First I replaced the battery for a new one, because the device did nothing at all. When I try to connect it, my homey will not respond and after a few moment homey says "interview verlopen". 

I also restored the device to factory settings by holding down all four button for 5 seconds and than press 3 and 4 for a few second. Also now the device won't connect.

This will work with firmware version 1.2.0 (now Beta) and not with a older firmware version.
    You have to wait for the stable 1.2 version or try the beta version. You can't go back to the stable version without a reset of your homey.
  • MarcvZ said:
    This will work with firmware version 1.2.0 (now Beta) and not with a older firmware version.
    I'm running on 1.2.0 already.
  • So you did push the 4 buttons and waited until the led turns green and then pushed button 1 (i assume you had the device next to Homey)?
  • MarcvZ said:

MarcvZ said:

MarcvZ said:
    Yesterday I received a z-wave.ml WALLC-S that I bought on ROBBshop.nl. I tried to connect this device to homey but nothing I do will connect it. First I replaced the battery for a new one, because the device did nothing at all. When I try to connect it, my homey will not respond and after a few moment homey says "interview verlopen". 

This will work with firmware version 1.2.0 (now Beta) and not with a older firmHarmLutjeboer said:
    MarcvZ said:

MarcvZ said:
    Did you remove the wall-c first first from Homey before you tried to add it again? 
  • MarcvZ said:Did you remove the wall-c first first from Homey before you tried to add it again? 

It was never connected to homey, I just received the device yesterday.
    edited March 2017
    So you did push the 4 buttons and waited until the led turns green and then pushed button 1 (i assume you had the device next to Homey)?
    Yes, according to the manual: Push all four buttons for 5 seconds to get into management mode, than push button one to include/exclude the device. First is was about 1,5 meters away from homey. When I couldnt connect it, I try again when the WALLC-S was about 30cm away from Homey. Until now, in all cases the same effect. Nothing.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited March 2017
    MarcvZ said:Did you remove the wall-c first first from Homey before you tried to add it again? 

It is always worth trying to EXclude a new device first, when you have problems to INclude,
    for me it did solve these kind of problems more then ones.
    Remove via:  Settings / Z-Wave / Verwijder een apparaat (Remove device)
  • JPe said:
    MarcvZ said:Did you remove the wall-c first first from Homey before you tried to add it again? 

It is always worth trying to EXclude a new device first, when you have problems to INclude,
    for me it did solve these kind of problems more then ones.
    Remove via:  Settings / Z-Wave / Verwijder een apparaat (Remove device)
    Just tried that..... doesnt work. Homey says: "Geen apparaat gevonden om te verwijderen." 
  • I bought myself a WALLC-S
    I did have to do quite some puzzling to get all 8 options to work. (Double Click)

But I found out.
    So I made a HOW TO  for the ones interested
    Click here to see the topic
  • I made a new version. Including
    • a correct battery status for WALLC-S (was looking at V2 driver)
    • Added Schuko Plugin swtich,
    • Added Schuko Plugin switch for outdoors
    • Correct Picture for already existing Plugin Switch
    • Added KeyFob  (keychain remote)
    @Icarus ; Please commit to the appstore :)
  • Priknr1 said:
    I bought myself a WALLC-S
    I did have to do quite some puzzling to get all 8 options to work. (Double Click)

But I found out.
    So I made a HOW TO  for the ones interested
    Click here to see the topic
    Would it help if i would send you my wall controller (54436) to integrate it?
  • @luccie_007
    It is all hobby for me offcourse, and to be honest, I am not the best app develloper on here.
    The devices that are in the app now are mostly on copy/paste base.
    The devices I use myself, or intend to use one day have bigger priority for me to spend my little spare time on.

When I have  time, I will have a look at your device. Only after A first try of integrationg doesnt work, It might be useful to send the contoller. 

Sorry for not bringing any better news, I know how frustrating it is to wait for others to add your device.
    I spent months waiting and asking people to help develop an app for my Secure/Horstmann Themostat. Now (since yesterday) I finally got it working myself with a bit op help.
  • Very understandable,

I am also only a copy/paste programmer, but dont have the time for now to read de documentation first.
    And couldnt find anything to copy it from ;)
    We'll keep in touch :)
  • @Icarus
    I see you have accepted the PR. But in the appstore V0.0.13 is still active. While V0.0.15 is in your repository.
    Are you/we waiting on athom? Or did something go wrong in committing it to Athom?

• IcarusIcarus Member
    edited April 2017
    I just looked at the information in the developer dashboard. Apparently I mist an email notification that Athom accepted the version. I just published version 0.0.15
  • @Icarus
    Might not be something you missed.  I committed a new version of an app 5 days ago,  that commit was mysteriously gone. Maybe something went wrong at athom
  • At last I started with the migration of my Vera2 z-wave network to Homey.
    As a test I took my Duwi 054399 Plug Dimmer, which was updated with Zwave.me firmware and sold under id 064398.
    In Homey it is identified as:

Schuko Plug Dimmer
    Manufacturer:         100
    Product Type ID:     4097
    Product ID:         0

This is with the Z-Wave.me app and it looks fine, same info as in Vera2.
    With Vera2, or even outside a z-wave network, it functions fine (on/off/dim) with a dimable Ikea light-bulb

But with Homey it does not function ok.
    I can turn it on/off in flows and dim up/down from within Homey app.
    But once it is on, it keeps flickering randomly, until turned off.
    So it is unusable.

My Homey has the latest firmware version 1.2.2
    Z-Wave.me app by Icarus is version 0.0.15

Does anyone have a clue about what is wrong here?

• Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    @Icarus
     Saw the new commit on github?
    If you want to, you can give permission to Athom to change the app ownership to me, so you wont have to worry about it anymore.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    Huipri said:
    A
    But with Homey it does not function ok.
    I can turn it on/off in flows and dim up/down from within Homey app.
    But once it is on, it keeps flickering randomly, until turned off.
    So it is unusable.

My Homey has the latest firmware version 1.2.2
    Z-Wave.me app by Icarus is version 0.0.15

Does anyone have a clue about what is wrong here?

Is your problem already resolved? 
  • IcarusIcarus Member
    @Priknr1 if you create a GIT repository yourself I will ask Athom to transfer the ownership. In that way you would not be needing me to update the code.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    @Icarus
    Athom doesnt need my repository, but here it is:
    https://github.com/priknr1/me.zwave

What athom needs to transfer the ownership is my athom ID:
    56d84590a112c5565bd971a4

• IcarusIcarus Member
    edited May 2017
    Priknr1 said:
    @Icarus
     Saw the new commit on github?
    If you want to, you can give permission to Athom to change the app ownership to me, so you wont have to worry about it anymore.
    Priknr1 said:
    @Icarus
    Athom doesnt need my repository, but here it is:
    https://github.com/priknr1/me.zwave

What athom needs to transfer the ownership is my athom ID:
    56d84590a112c5565bd971a4

@Annemarie

Could you make this happen? I can seem to find a option on the developer tab of the appstore to do this.

In all honesty I'm just not that active on the forum (or in the app development) at the moment. At this point @Priknr1 has done most of the work of the app so the credits should go to him. Let me know if I can be of any service! 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Well @Annemarie has left us (at least as out happiness-engineer) so @Bram van Rooijen is the new @Annemarie :-)
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    @bvdbos I already contacted Emile on slack , and the app is already transported.
  • home78home78 Member
    I'm using ZWave.me WALLC-S V1 and V2 switches in my home. With the old ones (V1) I'm able to link a single switch to multiple dimmers, however with V2 I'm unable to accomplish this although the configuration method is exactly the same. It looks like linked dimmers do not receive the commands sent by the switch. Homey receives all kinds of commands just fine, and I can see them in the ZWave log of Homey.

My V2 switch has the following model and type id's: manufacturer 340, product type 256, product 257.

I now have Homey process the commands send by the switch and executing flows to drive the dimmers. This is not ideal since this generates considerable lag between button press and the lights going on or off. Anyone experiencing the same problem?
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    I don't have the one with your Manufacturer ID, so i can't tell. And I only use mine with flows in homey.
    But from what I read, you control the device straight form the WALLC-S, so it would work even if there would be no Homey, or any controller at all?

Because in that case, your problem doesnt really belong in this topic ;) :P
    Sorry that I can't help you with the problem