This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.3 Experimental

Comments

• sossienl said:
    Today, the 1.3 version was made available to the experimental channel. Let's open up the discussion about this release.
    15-05-2017: 1.3.0 rc 7
    First impression: slow z-wave responses seem to have disappeared!!! Thanks
  • uNiiekuNiiek Member
    cautje said:
    Hi, speech seems to be even worse in 1.3
    I use this as an speech test, is this setup ok?
    THX!!!

Maby you can try this speech set-up: 

• @uNiiek, that's the old way to make speech flows (before 1.2.2?). Now you have to use the way like @cautje describes. But ofcourse, he needs to fill in the right words. I guess 'dobbelsteel' is a hard wordt to recognize. 'dobbelsteen' would work better.

And, always use the speech input and output pages if you want to test flows that use speech! That is the only way to check what goes wrong.

• @uNiiek, that's the old way to make speech flows (before 1.2.2?). Now you have to use the way like @cautje describes. But ofcourse, he needs to fill in the right words. I guess 'dobbelsteel' is a hard wordt to recognize. 'dobbelsteen' would work better.

And, always use the speech input and output pages if you want to test flows that use speech! That is the only way to check what goes wrong.

What do you mean with speech input and output pages?
  • cautjecautje Member
    THX! dobbelsteel would not work... But still speech is not working great.
    Any other sugestions?
    THX!!!

What do you mean with speech input and output pages?
    Search the forum ;) There has been writen a lot about these pages! Always use these pages to troubleshoot flows with speech triggers.

Use http://YOURIPADDRESS/manager/speech-input to input text (like you would talk to homey)
    and/or
    use http://YOURIPADDRESS/manager/speech-output to see what Homey understands from you speech input.
  • htzijzohtzijzo Member
    Anybody any idea? When will 1.3.0 become GA?
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited May 2017
    htzijzo said:
    Anybody any idea? When will 1.3.0 become GA?
    When it is finised, aka stable enough.
    It depends on the bugs found and reported,
    In DP rc8 is released last Friday I guess they will still work on fixing some bugs but Athom generally doesn't promise on release dates. 

O, and maybe never.... They could skip this one and release fe 1.3.1 as next stable
  • JasperBJasperB Member
    Hi guys, 
    Since I updated to 1.3.0-rc.7 I cannot use tags in new flows anymore. 
    I simply cannot drag tags to other cards anymore, in both existing and new flows. Existing flows which already had a tag related to other cards still work fine.

Old flow: 

New flow (cannot drag tags)

I created an issue for this, but do any of you also have this issue?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    the issue you created:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1578
    But works for me...

• glijieglijie Member
    edited May 2017
    bvdbos said:
    the issue you created:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1578
    But works for me...

did you try it in the homey desktop app or in the chrome browser? because it doesn't work in the desktop app.
    In the chrome browser indeed no problems
  • WillemWillem Member
    @JasperB
    I had simular problems in Google Chrome, and the solution was simply  hitting the F11 key, so I was full screen again.  After that I could drag the tags again to the cards. 
  • @JasperB
    Are you using windows? Is your screen scaling set to anything els than 100%? Pls try if you set it to 100% and eventually restart or logoff/logon. 
  • cautje said:
    Hi, speech seems to be even worse in 1.3
    I use this as an speech test, is this setup ok?
    THX!!!

And why is this not working, what does your input page says? Maybe it's because "dobbelsteel" is not a Dutch word but a made up word and in the backend of speech the word is not recognized. In the new speech parser all words are grammatical split to define what the command is.
  • etienneetienne Member
    After upgrading to 1.2.2 my Fibaro switches and dimmers react to slow in all my flows so that they became a timeout error. These problems are all solved with the 1.3.0 RC7.
    Thanks and I 'm happy.
  • JasperBJasperB Member
    edited May 2017
    @JasperB
    Are you using windows? Is your screen scaling set to anything els than 100%? Pls try if you set it to 100% and eventually restart or logoff/logon. 
    Yes, using the windows app. I notice that when I resize the window, I can drag a tag once. So if I want to drag multiple tags, I need to resize the window after each drag. In chrome it works fine.

Edit: After re-installing the windows app it is solved.
  • WillemWillem Member
    Yep.....I have to push F11 on the keyboard now and then to solve this. :)  
  • djeskodjesko Member
    where do i finf this : 
    • Flow cards have been added under 'Devices' to turn multiple devices on or off.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Just like it says :) Create a flow, use the devices card in the THEN column and there it should be :)
  • Just got home after a few days of R&R; apparently homey was updated (yay)! However, all my devices are gone (nay)!

Anyone else experienced this?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Well, auto-update to experimental without you choosing to be on experimental won't have happened? Losing devices shouldn't happen either :) But I see you are already on it in:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3231/help-al-mijn-apparaten-kwijt#latest

• NiekNiek Member
    Also can't find the flowcard to turn multiple devices on/off. Can anyone post a screenshot with an example?
  • Just started testing 1.3 yesterday as my wife was really fed up by the slow/non-working zwave. So far it has been a big improvement.
  • YannickYannick Member
    Any rc9 changelog compared tor rc7?
  • djesko said:
    where do i finf this : 
    • Flow cards have been added under 'Devices' to turn multiple devices on or off.
    Well, in RC9 the card is activated. The card is called "devices" / "Apparaten" and is under "system" / "systeem" in the left colom when ur at the flows.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    djesko said:
    where do i finf this : 
    Well, in RC9 the card is activated. The card is called "devices" / "Apparaten" and is under "system" / "systeem" in the left colom when ur at the flows.
    thanks
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have tried the device card. 
    Lights works for me but what for can we use curtains? 
    I have tried that one but no curtains open or closed. 

I miss a group for music. To put all music to pause. 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    "Turn all televisions in the room off" is not a regular use-case :)
    Neither is "Pause all music" I guess but it is nice to just say "Pause Music" regardless of which device it is. Then again, it's not that much you can't do it in a simple flow ;)
  • jordenjorden Member
    RC11 really makes Homey slow. I have brought back the amount of apps to 19, but it is still swapping with around 156 MB of SWAP in use. Biggest mem users are System (178MB) and Homey (172 MB).
    I thought it would improve because it looks like most apps are now taking less memory than before (I thought it was 20 MB approximately before).
  • rtnartna Member
    System 332Mb, Swap 430Mb, Homey 134Mb and 42 apps installed. No problems at all with speed and stable as never before.
This discussion has been closed.