This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed HUE

Philips Hue

2»

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Well, the Zigbee Light Link is one of the few good Zigbee standards that manufacturers actually follow (ironically, because of Philips pushed it in the beginning). So when we're going to start implementing the Zigbee stack, Light Link is the first on the list! :-)

• edited December 2015

Good, I'm sure Stefan will support this "USP" . Good luck.

• Philips is reverting their decision (at least for big part), read the Dutch details here: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106882/philips-draait-enkele-wijzigingen-uit-hue-upgrade-terug.html

• Nice! I wasn't even aware that you can add non-Philips lamps to the Hue bridge and use them with the API. I do have a mix of Livingcolors, Livingwhites, Hue and Hue Lux connected. Most of my lights are now Hue controlled.

• Cool MarcoVanDenHout, well done. I still believe Homey - for mass market - should be able build these bridges asap - removing the middle man: is this case PH Hue bridge.

• Not sure if everybody noticed, but the update has arrived.

(http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/friends-hue-update)

• Has it been confirmed whether or not it will be possible in theory to connect Hue lights to Homey without the bridge? As in, we know the bulbs use the Light Link protocol and so it's only a matter of developing the plugin? 
    We're going to support ZigBee Light Link later, so yes, eventually you will be able to use the Hue lights without the Philips Hue bridge.
  • Wow, that was fast. Sweet!
  • That is a nice save (new bridge for current users)
  • That's very Nice  :)
  • Emile said:
    We're going to support ZigBee Light Link later, so yes, eventually you will be able to use the Hue lights without the Philips Hue bridge.
    That would be great!
    Will that mean that Homey wille be able to pickup also the Philips Hue Dimmer Switches?
    These are reliable and not so expensive. Using these to trigger all kinds of actions would be ideal.
  • Klex said:
    Emile said:
    That would be great!
    Will that mean that Homey wille be able to pickup also the Philips Hue Dimmer Switches?
    These are reliable and not so expensive. Using these to trigger all kinds of actions would be ideal.
    yes, same protocol
  • Maybe a little bit offtopic, but will you support scenes for Philips Hue? Would be nice that Homey could learn scenes, where you can setup all the colors your self (using your own apps) and Homey saves the state as a scene, which could be triggered by any of the Homey flows/events/triggers.

Arnoud
  • Maybe a little bit offtopic, but will you support scenes for Philips Hue? Would be nice that Homey could learn scenes, where you can setup all the colors your self (using your own apps) and Homey saves the state as a scene, which could be triggered by any of the Homey flows/events/triggers.

Arnoud

That would be awesome! Not sure on how Athom is planning to deploy it, but it would certainly be a great help when that would be possible :).
    Maybe a little bit offtopic, but will you support scenes for Philips Hue? Would be nice that Homey could learn scenes, where you can setup all the colors your self (using your own apps) and Homey saves the state as a scene, which could be triggered by any of the Homey flows/events/triggers.

Arnoud
    Not on the planning, we'd rather focus on letting Homey manage this perfectly.
  • What about existing scenes (and groups)? Can these be activated by voice? 
  • Emile said:
    Maybe a little bit offtopic, but will you support scenes for Philips Hue? Would be nice that Homey could learn scenes, where you can setup all the colors your self (using your own apps) and Homey saves the state as a scene, which could be triggered by any of the Homey flows/events/triggers.

Arnoud
    Not on the planning, we'd rather focus on letting Homey manage this perfectly.
    I noticed it took me so much effort with Domoticz to do it using scenes/groups/timers/etc. (>10 hue), but I will trust you will implement this perfectly ;-)

• Is it also possible to create 'Scenes' like you do in the Hue App?
  • DD Member
    Is it also possible to create 'Scenes' like you do in the Hue App?
    You could set it up through the flow editor like this, I guess:
    If Button1
    Then Hue1 Red
    And Hue2 White
    And Hue3 Orange

• I'd rather see homey 'learning' the current status of (a group of) lights and save them in a scene (variable) that can be used in a flow.

While there is still the need for the hue bridge, homey could maybe be like siri works at the moment, scenes that are created on the hue system can be made available to siri, the only logic there is that it activates or deactivates something on the hue and that something is either a scene or a single light (or plug)

When homey replaces the bridge creating scenes by learning and saving scenes are a must in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.