This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Will install tomorrow and report back! 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2017
    Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'express'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:5:15)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

something is missing..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    after installing the express AND the debug module afterwards, it installs properly.
    though now i have the feeling there are way more modules then needed after npm installing the express module :joy:
  • edited May 2017
    https://github.com/robertraaijmakers/com.logitech.harmony.hub/tree/master that one should work.. the develop is way behind -- nvm -- trying to fix it now

And... solved :wink:

@caseda, yeah, I have the feeling that a lot of applications are using way to much modules due to all the inclusions and 'dependencies' of other modules, that again depend on other modules etc.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    maybe update the dependencies as well ;p included all modules after removal of all modules, and made sure they use the latest version, morgan and the harmony client have update since the dependencies list
     "dependencies": {
        "harmonyhubjs-client": "^1.1.10",
        "harmonyhubjs-discover": "^1.0.2",
        "moment": "^2.18.1",
        "express": "^4.15.2",
        "debug": "^2.6.6",
        "morgan": "^1.8.1",
        "body-parser": "^1.17.1",
        "parameterize": "^0.0.7"
      },

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    noticed that the IF cards of the app are still there, but have a rather generic name (same as the hub device triggers them selves) just an option to maybe make it more apparent that they are different, people before already mis noticed the app and the hub device options.

EDIT:
    opened the harmony app on my phone and after a few minutes the activities list stays empty: (don't know if it was empty before :sweat_smile: )
    Getting activities, unlikely that activities list should be empty. (lost connection/session maybe?) gonna try on further

EDIT 2:
    after app restart the activities are gotten just fine again

EDIT 3:
    maybe not, after looking at a few commands of a few devices (which were gotten properly, long list though :sweat_smile:) after returning to the activities its empty again, awefully looks like a 5 second session timeout if read about some time ago
    but is only on activities though, the commands are still gotten from the hub

EDIT 4:
    have been testing now with the triggers, but they also stop working after xx amount of minutes even when no app has been opened on any of my devices, so i guess the information that is gotten from the hub realtime (getting activities, i guess its the same protocol as receiving activity triggers) looses connection over time. and is not auto reconnecting, only when the hub was "lost" completely.
    after hub was lost, a reconnect is initiated, and the triggers work again, have not found a stable thing that says, then the hub was signaled lost, reconnect
    strange thing is, the devices and their commands are always gotten properly

EDIT 5: 
    after letting the debug run for a while, i got myself a crash in one of the modules... maybe went a version too far?:
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined
        at downcode (/node_modules/parameterize/parameterize.js:98:22)
        at module.exports (/node_modules/parameterize/parameterize.js:126:9)
        at Explorer.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:35:96)
        at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
        at Explorer.emit (events.js:169:7)
        at Explorer.handleResponse (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:31:8)
        at ResponseCollector.emit (events.js:169:7)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/responseCollector.js:31:9)
        at emitNone (events.js:72:20)
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    got the same issues with the list of activities @caseda mentioned. Switching the card to another command does not fix it. Searching and scrolling de activity list is also not working only restarting the app will fill the list again. Maybe you could look at this. 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    Will test later because GF is using the TV ;)
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Hi all,

Im kinda fresh to homey using it for 3 weeks or so and having trouble with the Harmony Hub App
    The flows im creating are not responding to remote inputs (or app)
    Im not in Develop mode so just using Homey 1.2 and Harmony Hub App 1.0.4
    My HUB and Remote are both 4.12.36.

this is the error i see most of the times when i try to add a flow

in some cases its giving me the activity list in en view seconds, but sometimes it just doesn't
    but never working in a flow.

for what i have read in previous comments it might me due to inactivity, but when i start the app on my phone it almost instantly working.
    Tested the Homey flow editor directly after accessing it on my phone ( so it might be awake ) but no go.

also flows with when activity starts do something won't do anything (so no logic used)

i really haven't got into looking on how to install your 1.0.5 version manually but i though you'd like to know my experience so far.

hope will get this running cause it sure will be awesome!!

thx for building this

regards,
    Thijs

• tcarnaltcarnal Member
    o and another thing.
    Will it also be possible in the future to add keys to a flow.

let say im watching Netflix on my apple TV and i pause it, i would like to let say turn my Hue lights to another scene so i can find the thing i dropped  :P or get a new bag of chips hahahah

ciao
  • Installed from GIT, that went smoothly. Will do some testing soon.

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2017
    Did some testing, still connected and reacting on flows.. will test some more tonight
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Promessing
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    yep, but i am not confinced yet ;)
  • The App keeps crashing:

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined
    at downcode (/node_modules/parameterize/parameterize.js:98:22)
    at module.exports (/node_modules/parameterize/parameterize.js:126:9)
    at Explorer.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:35:96)
    at Explorer.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Explorer.handleResponse (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:31:8)
    at ResponseCollector.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/responseCollector.js:31:9)
    at emitNone (events.js:72:20)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:166:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

I tried to re-install the App from the App stre, but that resiults in a "Homey not reachable" error.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Eternity
    might have updated the parameterize module too far, i'll try this evening when i'm home to downgrade or see the version that is actually needed for the module where it is being used for. since i have the same crash it will be easy to find out :+1:
  • @caseda

Thanks! 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    reverting to parameterize 0.0.6 did fix that issue,  
    never mind it crashed again on the match..

at least i did not receive that crash before i fell into this one after turning off all devices with my remote:

TypeError: Cannot read property '20090921' of undefined
        at HandleStateChange (/drivers/hub/driver.js:613:53)
        at HarmonyClient.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:76:4)
        at HarmonyClient.emit (events.js:169:7)
        at HarmonyClient.onStateDigest (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:60:8)
        at HarmonyClient.handleStanza (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:27:21)
        at Client.emit (events.js:169:7)
        at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:228:12)
        at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)

--- INFO: com.logitech.harmony.hub has been killed ---

the number is the value of "runningActivityList" "activityId" in the device array(s)

thought that maybe re-pairing fixed this since so much changed, but crash still came when switching between 2 activities
  • That's a lot of feedback!

I just figured that when running my own repository on my Windows machine that it doesn't work (the folder structure is to deep, so can't load the node_modules). So I have to wait till I have the time to use my Mac again.
  • MennoMenno Member
    Great to hear there is someting happening again on the harmony app!
  • casedacaseda Member
    hmm the match crash is not from parameterize itself it is caused in the driver, i guess "hubInfo.uuid" is either empty, or something is there which it can't convert
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2017
    My connection is lost. Don't know what cost it. We only use the Harmony remote and voice for starting activities. (V1.1.0)
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    Hmm its been almost a week sinds the last update.
    Any good news?

ciao
  • I had good hopes, but I really can't get my head around the 'api' of the Harmony Hub. I've done my best but I don't seem to be able to fix the issues and find a solid solution.

I don't know if what we are trying to achieve with the app is 'possible' in a solid way. I think sending commands to the Harmony hub can be done (just by reconnecting to the hub every time) but trying to read the activity changed events maybe is a step to far. But again, I can't get my head around the Harmony Hub API so don't know if there maybe are solid solutions to fix the issues.
  • tcarnaltcarnal Member
    its a shame but I really thank you for trying.
    maybe someone else is able to do it.

unfortunately i don't have any skills regarding this.
  • @MrDutchfighter
    Yeah, great that you had a look at it and tried !

Thanks for the effort!
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    Thanks for the effort @MrDutchfighter!
  • Conclusion.... @brinkie has done a great job!
  • glijieglijie Member
    Conclusion.... @brinkie has done a great job!
    he has....his version works great over here.
  • JulianJulian Member
    glijie said:
    Conclusion.... @brinkie has done a great job!
    he has....his version works great over here.
    Works indeed great, with the side note that you need to have a 'heartbeat' flow as a workaround to keep it working (in my case anyway). Too bad that bug could not be solved. Would not know which other functionality one should need.