This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey unuseable?

Just got he latest update ... and now get a notification my Homey is unreliable (due to the amount of installed apps ...) so de-instlaaed some which are not realy required ... but still same notification ....

WTF ? So they made a multi purpose/multi standard device, which can not be used because you can not use all of your appliences ... 

In retrospect, I know understand why I had to restart Homey every few days :( 
So propably have to find another device for home automation ?

Comments

• fiekfiek Member
    I have 16 apps running and I get the same message. Something to do with ''covering ones ass' I guess, so I think you can ignore the message. Still strange that Athom found it necessery to show this message.
  • you installed the latest experimental firmware? This is a warning that the memory in used by all the apps that have been installed. This does not mean that youre homey is in fact not usable. I really depends on which apps you have installed and how many flows you have etc.. 

For instance at our home I have a lot of apps installed but the performance isn't decreasing. It is merely a warning. So maybe you can go through your apps and see if you really need them and if so just let them be and see if everything just works.
  • This message is shown as of 15 apps. But like @jjtbsomhorst mentioned, it doesn't mean that the the performance is affected.
    I'm having around 30 apps installed and no noticeable performance decrease / impact
  • djeskodjesko Member
    34 apps and fast GUI / zwave  ....
  • viktorviktor Member
    "Due to the amount of apps installed (38), Homey may behave slow or unresponsive."

No probs atm.
  • I had 25 apps installed, but allready experienced a lot of preformance issues, speech wasn't fluend anymore,  I had to reset Homey at least once every 4-5 days (it just hangs up, (light was normally on) but in the app and PC it was offline,  and most of the time after the reset I got a red ring, and had to reset again and again ...
    I was also allready in the proces of deleting more and more flows to see if it would preform better ... nothing helps ... 
  • How many devices are connected to Homey?
  • phbphb Member
    20 apps here no problems 
  • BramBram Member
    edited May 2017
    Which version of the software are you running? Can you put the version number in the title of this post?
  • Bit  late, I'm running the latest version (1.3.1) issue still the same.
    51 devices connected ..

• Bit  late, I'm running the latest version (1.3.1) issue still the same.
    51 devices connected ..

I guess that someone at athom should take a look at it to see if the combination of devices / flows / apps is the root cause of all 
  • Did u reset Homey every few days or reboot? There is a big difference!
    Have 30+ apps running, 87+ devices and 287+ flows running. Homey getting slow every week or so , ptp solves it. My guess is a memory leak in one of the apps or something like that. Don't bet my money on the amount of apps/devices/flows.
  • Did u reset Homey every few days or reboot? There is a big difference!
    Have 30+ apps running, 87+ devices and 287+ flows running. Homey getting slow every week or so , ptp solves it. My guess is a memory leak in one of the apps or something like that. Don't bet my money on the amount of apps/devices/flows.
    Sorry I was not clear, i meant a reboot ... 
    I've deleted a lot of apps (now 17 left over) deminished athe amount of flows (a light related deleted, since i can use the scenes in my hue app, and can use siri and Alexa ...