This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Infrared in flows

bierrebierre Member
It's been a while since I tried infrared. I've created a custom remote through the devices tab. My purpose is to create a flow based on IR input X turn on device Y. The remote I can't drag the remote to the If column, only to the Then column. Has this been disabled over time?

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    RX (receiving) is only available for devices that are in the database, you can work around it by searching for a device that is already in the database and remove all known buttons and learn your own ones in that button overview window

Personal situation:
    For devices in the database, if the LED ring is on, the chance that homey will receive the signal = 5-10% of the time depending on the surroundings and rotation of homey
    i guess this is even lower for the learned signals since the signals are then not that good.

succes rate will be better in later version of homey, but for RX when the LEDs are on, i think it will stay pretty low
  • oliveolive Member
    bierre said:
    It's been a while since I tried infrared. I've created a custom remote through the devices tab. My purpose is to create a flow based on IR input X turn on device Y. The remote I can't drag the remote to the If column, only to the Then column. Has this been disabled over time?
    You're right this is bullshit!
  • glijieglijie Member
    use an existing remote from the library....adjust add your own IR buttons and remove those buttons which you do not need.

this way you can also use the IF column.
    it is a workaround but here it works.
  • bierrebierre Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanx guys for your fast replies. Too bad it works this crappy.
    [UPDATE]: Tried a random existing remote and it works quite well!
  • SommoSommo Member
    Why @Athom??