This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2017
    Haha, that is cool!
    ... will need some support from you @Eternity and @CliffBroeren to test is with both versions...
    Sure I will help test the new release. Glad to return the favor
  • Eternity said:
    Haha, that is cool!
    ... will need some support from you @Eternity and @CliffBroeren to test is with both versions...
    Sure I will help test the new release. Glad to return the favor
    Watch out what you are asking for...

I've updated the version on: https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.neo/tree/TouchSwitch_V1
    This update should recognise (by itself) the difference between the V2 (default) and V1 version...
    For the V2 version it should work 'out of the box'.
    For V1 it only requires a switch on (or off) on the touch switch...

Status is shown in a new dropdown option in the device settings: by default on 'Switch Binary V2'

@Eternity  Can you test this update with the V1 version (install via CLI, no need to remove the device)?
    - in the settings of the touch switch, check that drop down is set to 'Switch Binary V2'
    - try switching on / off via the Homey interface > should not work
    - switch on the device manually on the Touch switch itself > should update the state at Homey
    - check in settings, drop down should now indicate 'Switch Binary V1'
    - try switching on / off via the Homey interface > should work now

@CliffBroeren ;Can you test this update with the V2 version (install via CLI, no need to remove the device)?
    - in the settings of the touch switch, check that drop down is set to 'Switch Binary V2'
    - try switching on / off via the Homey interface > should work
    - try switching on / off via the touch switch > should update the state at Homey
    - change in the device settings the dropdown 'Switch Binary V1' (deliberately wrong)
    - try switching on / off via the Homey interface > should no longer work
    - switch on the device manually on the Touch switch itself
    - check in settings, drop down should now indicate 'Switch Binary V2'
    - try switching on / off via the Homey interface > should work now again
    edited April 2017
    @TedTolboom

My findings:
    - installing without removing went smoothly
    - in 'settings' I found the option to set the switch to v1 or v2
    - setting it to 'Switch binary V2' won't save and eventually crashes the App:

- I could not test the v2 state

Restarted the App and using v1 state:
    - switching via Homey interface does switch the Neo
    - manually switching the Neo does *NOT* update in the Homey interface

Installed the 'non v1/v2' version
    - switching via Homey works
    - manually switching works
  • @TedTolboom @CliffBroeren

Just a 'bump'  :-)
  • Eternity said:
    @TedTolboom @CliffBroeren

Just a 'bump'  :-)
    Are you seriously bumping me?  :p

Already received feedback from @CliffBroeren via Slack..
    Unfortunately, the approach I had in mind does not work.. will need to implement a more complex approach in the next two weeks... with the V1 version you are able to proceed with your Touch Switch @Eternity for now
  • Solly ;-)

I am happily using the dedicated solution you made. Great work!
    So, no hurry on my side :-)

• Update of my situation. I had some poor wallsocket results. I replaced Homey several times and checked the behaviour. Once I found a way that all three sockets performed I changed the sockets to other places. Most of the times that worked good sometimes it took some time to build the network again. But by shifting and replacing it looks like I have a much more reliable setup.

The one thing I cannot get right are the readings. For all three sockets the information stays blank. They were all three added with the 'nothing' attached option.

• lourenslourens Member
    Is this a new Neo coolcam product? Remotecontrol/SOS button
    http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=195

• RuudvBRuudvB Member
    lourens said:

It definitely does look like a new device from Neo. There a no specifications I can find...
    Also, be aware that the homey app has to be updated to support this device.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited May 2017
    RuudvB said:
    lourens said:

It definitely does look like a new device from Neo. There a no specifications I can find...
    Also, be aware that the homey app has to be updated to support this device.
    Yep, new remote and looks like an updated PIR and power plug... no certification data  available yet..

I didn't find an option to order them yet...
    but as soon as they will become available we'll update the app and drivers..

• Can somebody confirm me that it's not possible or normal that I don't have the power readings on my sockets? And how it's possible that one socket is working fine one day and doesn't response the other day, no matter what I try? Still trying to optimise the situation..
  • Can somebody confirm me that it's not possible or normal that I don't have the power readings on my sockets? And how it's possible that one socket is working fine one day and doesn't response the other day, no matter what I try? Still trying to optimise the situation..
    @jimmy_zeropm no, it is not normal that you get no power readings on your sockets, or that the responsiveness is changing over time...

Let's see (troubleshooting time):
    Do the sockets respond (instantly) 15-20 minutes after rebooting Homey, and is it degrading over time?

Can you check what the settings of your power plug are for "Meter report interval [s]" and "Power change [%]"?
    And also the interval and threshold settings of your motion sensor?

Are there flows that can result in continuous Z-wave commands being send?
    example of such a flow: 
    WHEN light intensity changed AND light intensity < 25 THEN switch on lamps
    note: for every change in light intensity the flow will send a switch on command to the device, best is to add an additional condition to only switch on the light when the light is switched off)

Can you go to Z-wave > stuff for geeks, keep the Z-wave log open for 30 minutes and copy the log into a txt file and add it here?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @jimmy_zeropm
    lets ask the proper question here @TedTolboom :tongue:, did you include the socket as socket with a light attached? that has no power reading in the mobile card yet, will come in homey version 1.3
  • caseda said:
    @jimmy_zeropm
    lets ask the proper question here @TedTolboom :tongue:, did you include the socket as socket with a light attached? that has no power reading in the mobile card yet, will come in homey version 1.3
    Damn... that I missed that one...
    It could explain the missing energy reports, but not the degradation over time...
  • "The one thing I cannot get right are the readings. For all three sockets the information stays blank. They were all three added with the 'nothing' attached option."

@caseda no I didn't add them as a light I knew this would result in blanks. I will check the other questions tommorow and add a log file. I don't think it degradation as in a linear scenario. It changes from day to day if it works or not. Now, (night) the unreliable socket is working perfect. I can easily switch on or off. So maybe, there lies an answer too?

• RuudvBRuudvB Member
    "The one thing I cannot get right are the readings. For all three sockets the information stays blank. They were all three added with the 'nothing' attached option."

@caseda no I didn't add them as a light I knew this would result in blanks. I will check the other questions tommorow and add a log file. I don't think it degradation as in a linear scenario. It changes from day to day if it works or not. Now, (night) the unreliable socket is working perfect. I can easily switch on or off. So maybe, there lies an answer too?

I had something similar with a power plug in my garden house. Sometimes it worked just fine, switching the garden lights on/off, then after a few hours or a day it didn't work anymore. At the moment all works perfect.

What changed? I added 5 new Z-wave roller shutter modules. Which brings me to the conclusion that your are probably facing signal loss due to a critical range. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Right now I'm using 16 z-wave devices, of which 9x 240V powered. How many non-battery devices do you have installed? 
  • @Eternity I didn't forget your Touch Switch... I think I have a solution to support multiple versions in the same driver...

BUT, I also bumped into a similar issue with a different device which might be the cause of this.

Can you do the following: 
    Add the following to the 'Send RAW data' field in Z-wave > Stuff for geeks, and replace NodeID with the number (!) of the NodeID of your Touch switch (e.g. 47): 
    NodeID,0x86,0x13,0x25
    And press 'Send'.

In the Z-wave log, a similar log statement will be visible:
    [2017-04-17T14:20:52.989Z] Node[47]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, params 0x1325
    [2017-04-17T14:20:53.043Z] Node[47]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, data: 0x142501
    0x142501 means that for COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY (0x25) the version number is 1 (0x01)
    I'm curious if it now will show 0x142502 (pointing to an issue during inclusion).

Can you post the Z-wave log (unfiltered) around this statement?
    edited May 2017
    @TedTolboom 
    I knew you hadn't forgotten me / this driver issue.
    Thanks Sir!

My findings:
    After I send this: 47,0x86,0x13,0x25 (the NodeID is 47)

The log showed:
    [2017-05-11T08:34:54.444Z] Command[9021] start: sendData
    [2017-05-11T08:34:54.455Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: To node: 47 with data: 0x861325 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-05-11T08:34:58.535Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: Marked node 47 as offline for the next 1800000ms
    [2017-05-11T08:34:58.535Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK
    [2017-05-11T08:34:58.540Z] Command[9021] end: sendData

• Eternity said:
    @TedTolboom 
    I knew you hadn't forgotten me / this driver issue.
    Thanks Sir!

My findings:
    After I send this: 47,0x86,0x13,0x25 (the NodeID is 47)

The log showed:
    [2017-05-11T08:34:54.444Z] Command[9021] start: sendData
    [2017-05-11T08:34:54.455Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: To node: 47 with data: 0x861325 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-05-11T08:34:58.535Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: Marked node 47 as offline for the next 1800000ms
    [2017-05-11T08:34:58.535Z] ProcessSendData[9021]: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

@Eternity thanks. Could you try to repeat it, because it shows TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK meaning that the command is send, but receipt is not confirmed...

PS. Please check the PM that I also send in parallel.
    edited May 2017
    Oops, I checked and the Neo Touch has NodeID 49 (not 47)..

[2017-05-11T09:19:31.875Z] Command[9197] start: sendData
    [2017-05-11T09:19:31.882Z] ProcessSendData[9196]: To node: 49 with data: 0x861325 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.012Z] Command[9197] end: sendData
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.090Z] Node[49]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, data: 0x142501
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.265Z] Node[49]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, data: 0x142501
    [2017-05-11T09:19:41.503Z] Node[8]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05030a005d

• Eternity said:
    Oops, I checked and the Neo Touch has NodeID 49 (not 47)..

[2017-05-11T09:19:31.875Z] Command[9197] start: sendData
    [2017-05-11T09:19:31.882Z] ProcessSendData[9196]: To node: 49 with data: 0x861325 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.012Z] Command[9197] end: sendData
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.090Z] Node[49]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, data: 0x142501
    [2017-05-11T09:19:32.265Z] Node[49]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, data: 0x142501
    [2017-05-11T09:19:41.503Z] Node[8]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05030a005d
    OK, thanks for the confirmation; so it is not an issue that occured during inclusion... The Touch Switch here also responds as version 1...
    Will need to build the solution I have in mind.
  • Thanks again @TedTolboom
    I will happily do more testing and logging :-)
  • Eternity said:
    Thanks again @TedTolboom
    I will happily do more testing and logging :-)
    @Eternity well here you go: https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.neo/tree/TouchSwitch_V1
    @CliffBroeren can you test the V2 version again?
  • jimmy_zeropmjimmy_zeropm Member
    edited May 2017

@TedTolboom

No, the zwave is not degrading over time. Not so that I can mention. Sometimes everything works, sometimes only one socket. 

Here are my settings, a logfile and a flow regarding to the lights.

• @TedTolboom

No, doesn't work :-(

I initially received an error, whilst installing. "Homey unreachable".
    Second attempt worked.

Other z-wave stuff is active and works (so, mesh seems up).
    - Switching the switch manually does not update Homey
    - switching via Homey does not have an effect on the Neo Touch
    edited May 2017
    @TedTolboom

Tested again this morning; the version provided a couple of posts up doesn't work with my Neo Touch Switch.
    I reinstalled the dedicated version again, and that works properly again.

• @Eternity can you check the latest version which includes additional debug logging, run it with athom project --run option and add the debug log (as txt file) to this thread?
    edited May 2017
    @TedTolboom

Sure, but need some help...this is new to me :-)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I reinstalled the version you made. It installed and it didn't work.
    So, I opened a command prompt with node.js   run als administrator

Type in athom project --run
    This happened:

? Select active Homey: Homey @ 192.168.1.210:80
    1/4 - Archiving...
    2/4 - Uploading to Homey @ 192.168.1.210:80...
    3/4 - Running `com.neo`, press CTRL+C to abort...
    Trying to reconnect...
    4/4 - Debugging...

-------------------------------------------------
    com.neo running...

=> here I typed CTRL+C as I thought it would create a log file

Stopping...
    App uninstalled

Did the same again, but now left it running.
    Is the log here shown in Homey | z-wave | Stuff for geeks | the box with data at the bottom?

• Eternity said:
    @TedTolboom

Sure, but need some help...this is new to me :-)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I reinstalled the version you made. It installed and it didn't work.
    So, I opened a command prompt with node.js   run als administrator

Type in athom project --run
    This happened:

? Select active Homey: Homey @ 192.168.1.210:80
    1/4 - Archiving...
    2/4 - Uploading to Homey @ 192.168.1.210:80...
    3/4 - Running `com.neo`, press CTRL+C to abort...
    Trying to reconnect...
    4/4 - Debugging...

com.neo running...

=> here I typed CTRL+C as I thought it would create a log file

Stopping...
    App uninstalled

C:\Users\Kantoor\Desktop\neeo>
    @eternity all the steps taken are right, just a bit more patience is needed...

The debug logging will show in the command prompt (you have to manually copy it)..

so repeat the steps taken, after showing com.neo running, it will show a list of command classes... after that it will show the log of actions, please try to use / control the switch from within Homey and on the switch itself..

after that, Ctrl-c to abort, copy the loggings in the command prompt and reinstall the working version with the --install option...

much appreciated!
    edited May 2017
    Left it running for more than 30 minutes, but nothing shows up 

In Homey I see  a yellow symbol in the Neo App that states it is running in debug mode!