This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Announcement Official

Will Homey support {device x}? Read this first!

Comments

• I have a tado airco controller that works with ifttt also does homey.
    So that is a option. I have ask tado if they will support homey but get no answer.
    Maybe if more people ask for it they will.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We'll probably support most airco's when it's summer ;-)

• Emile said:

I have a Mitubishi airco and now I have a broadlink RM2 and the airco works great via wifi and 4G
    Hope that homey can do it for me directly

• My Airco isn't on the same room as Homey. I have a very old one but works with Tado.
  • Ir extender?
  • jovink said:
    My Airco isn't on the same room as Homey. I have a very old one but works with Tado.

http://www.allekabels.nl/draadloos/infrarood/infrarood-verlenger.html
  • p0nts said:
    Ir extender?
    Tado is a extender. But would it be supported by homey 
  • Homey IFTTT app.......
    lets you connect your IFTTT recipes with Homey! Using the Maker Channel you can create recipes that interact with Homey,
    and let Homey trigger you IFTTT recipes & Tado = IFTTT connected channel !!

• Yes, I know but a tado app would be great. If there is a extender with a homey app I buy it.
    i don't like IFTTT, I don't know of it is stable enough. 

• jovink said:
    Yes, I know but a tado app would be great. If there is a extender with a homey app I buy it.
    i don't like IFTTT, I don't know of it is stable enough. 

Broadlink is very easy my airco is also in other room, Broadlink RM2 is wifi en IR receivers you can learn the buttons about 30 euro!
  • Oke Thanks. If there is a app for i buy that one 
  • @Emile I see you've recently wrote a Node.js for Hyperion, Homey related?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    MarkSwift said:
    @Emile I see you've recently wrote a Node.js for Hyperion, Homey related?
    Haha kind of, mostly personal, but as I'm using Homey at home, it's Homey related I guess ;-) Definitely going to write an app for Hyperion when I have the time.
  • Sweet!! 
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2015

tommyjay said:

1. There's the App Store, and the new website (oh god it's gonna be sexy) has a 'Supported Devices' webpage.

no comment......

• Emile said:
    MarkSwift said:
    Haha kind of, mostly personal, but as I'm using Homey at home, it's Homey related I guess ;-) Definitely going to write an app for Hyperion when I have the time.
    A bit of topic but what hardware are you guys using for this? Seems to be a lot of solutions for DIY Ambilight but nothing to fit my needs. I have an Intel NUC running OpenElec and was looking for a solution that would not require an extra controller. Guess I'm out of luck as far as I can tell and I will have to add either an Arduino, Raspberry PI or plug and play solution like Lightberry Premium kit, AmbiVision or something like that. What are you guys using?
  • RPi with a Lightberry
  • tunftunf Member
    edited January 2016
    will the piper hd cam be supported? this has also a mic and speaker so in other rooms there can be alarms / messages and controls. Would be great!
    Also please support the canary security device: http://www.amazon.com/Canary-All-Security-Device-Black/dp/B00NW31YSE?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2RTWSYJUOAO3DIA&tag=bom_tomsguide-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00NW31YSE&tzd=21&ascsubtag=[site|tguus[cat|[art|[pid|B00NW31YSE[tid|14519219265179190[bbc|LESPRIX

• how about air sensors like foobo or awair? first one have api on their homepage, 2nd one on request. netatmo is currently already in appstore but not helpful for me because no 2.5 and voc measurements (living in china). I know if api is available it should be possible but not a programmer here :)
  • oertje said:

Emile said:

I have a Mitubishi airco and now I have a broadlink RM2 and the airco works great via wifi and 4G

would still like to use my rm2 in another room as extender for homey. chances are likely low but some (unofficial) api and sdk are flying around the net for the rm2. it is just a too cheap and nice working solution so hopefully get it somehow to work also with homey
  • Emile said:
    MarkSwift said:
    Perfect!
  • oertjeoertje Member
    edited January 2016
    compadre said:
    oertje said:

Emile said:

would still like to use my rm2 in another room as extender for homey. chances are likely low but some (unofficial) api and sdk are flying around the net for the rm2. it is just a too cheap and nice working solution so hopefully get it somehow to work also with homey
    Today I was also reading about the api for Broadlink RM2 which I have, but I want to work my RF auping remote with broadlink and wat I try I get not fixed it und do not understand it why not, and Yes I like also broadlink and will work on it
    http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/ ( I try to get my devices but nothing happend, must I do Portforwarding for broadlink on my router first? )

anyone ??
  • Now that on the apps site there is also a list of supported hardware (many thanks, hopefully a start not the final list), i'm wondering for woonveilig, is the central still needed or will sensors etc. be able to connect to the homey directly? This in the belive to eliminate all hubs etc.

Also missing a lot of hardware of the brands named, will there be new added or is this the list?

Can there also be brands types be added so that we all know exactly what to look for?

Will there please be some kind of wiki and then groups of type of installations. Example;
    how to best setup the doorbell (cheapesd way, using no batterys), how to controll you floor heating, still using a thermostat or using sesnsor of zwave? how to see whos home, using tags, motion sensor, phone geofensing, how to see if the person is alone using face reqognition etc. This way we can also help eachother in the hardware / setup way.

I will start with the homey, look at it and build from there so i'm starting from scratch due to the simple fact that i believe finally the product i was looking for all those years is finally there.
  • tunf said:
    Now that on the apps site there is also a list of supported hardware (many thanks, hopefully a start not the final list), i'm wondering for woonveilig, is the central still needed or will sensors etc. be able to connect to the homey directly? This in the belive to eliminate all hubs etc.

Also missing a lot of hardware of the brands named, will there be new added or is this the list?

Can there also be brands types be added so that we all know exactly what to look for?

Will there please be some kind of wiki and then groups of type of installations. Example;
    how to best setup the doorbell (cheapesd way, using no batterys), how to controll you floor heating, still using a thermostat or using sesnsor of zwave? how to see whos home, using tags, motion sensor, phone geofensing, how to see if the person is alone using face reqognition etc. This way we can also help eachother in the hardware / setup way.

I will start with the homey, look at it and build from there so i'm starting from scratch due to the simple fact that i believe finally the product i was looking for all those years is finally there.
    +1
  • tunf said:
    Now that on the apps site there is also a list of supported hardware (many thanks, hopefully a start not the final list), i'm wondering for woonveilig, is the central still needed or will sensors etc. be able to connect to the homey directly? This in the belive to eliminate all hubs etc.

I'm really excited for something like this, and I think that @emile said that he was planning something like this down the line (hopefully sooner then later). I bet writing these docs is 100x more boring then coding the apps for the Athom guys. 
    I too see for example the KlikAanKlikUit app in the app store, but I'm not 100% sure if it can support my Solight 433mhz plugs

And also, just like you, I've waited (although fascinated) with all the IoT stuff because I didn't want to get a hub for every device, so I wanted for Homey, and then I finally found the blessing (Homey)!  :smiley: 
  • Could there e support for Flic buttons as well, was also a kickstarter I.ve backed
  • Could there e support for Flic buttons as well, was also a kickstarter I.ve backed
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/2897/
  • dclrcq said:
    Could there e support for Flic buttons as well, was also a kickstarter I.ve backed
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/2897/

Thanks for the link :-)
  • compadrecompadre Member
    edited January 2016
    Not wanting to create a thread, just saw in ifttt some fitness tracker are supported. would something like that better suit for tracking events then a phone - or only a phone? I know the way over ifttt would be an option here, but possibly more possibilities if can link directly to homey
    most interesting likely the fall asleep log or stand up. Plus tracker 

but it maybe I am also totally off here

edit: Fitbit has an open api just seen on there page 
  • compadre said:
    Not wanting to create a thread, just saw in ifttt some fitness tracker are supported. would something like that better suit for tracking events then a phone - or only a phone? I know the way over ifttt would be an option here, but possibly more possibilities if can link directly to homey
    most interesting likely the fall asleep log or stand up. Plus tracker 

but it maybe I am also totally off here

edit: Fitbit has an open api just seen on there page 
    Please create a feature request thread. It's free.