This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

scrollbar in systemcolumn when creating flows in desktop app

JanHJanH Member
edited April 2017 in Apps
Not complaining but asking for a solution for my (only my?) following problem using the Homey desktop app.
When creating or editing flows I need to scroll through the options in the (most left) systemcolumn with all commands, devices etc. But every time again after making the first choice the (very tiny) scrollbar at that left column has gone and cannot be reproduced without a total restart of the app. This already happens since the desktop app had been released. It's very tiring because it costs so much time to create just one flow.
What is going wrong? Something with the laptop I am using? The app itself? Is this a known issue? I could not find anything about it at the forum. By the way, the same fenomenon is existing using the Google Chrome method.

Please, who knows how to solve this?

EDIT: exactly the same problem, missing/disappearing scrollbar, is happening in the new music-chapter. So it's not possible to scroll through my Sonos-playlists.

Comments

• swtttswttt Member
    edited April 2017
    It's hard to create a webapp that works well between different browsers. That is why they released a desktop app, wich indead works way smoother. I guess you should try that :smile:

EDIT:
    Me misread, you use the desktop app already.
    Some things in the flows did changed in 1.3.0 (including scrolling that works on mac os as well now), lets hope that 1.3.0 will fix your issues then...
  • JanHJanH Member
    @swttt Sorry I used the wrong word. I had to write that its about the desktop app. I edited right away!
  • JanHJanH Member
    JanH said:
    Not complaining but asking for a solution for my (only my?) following problem using the Homey desktop app.
    When creating or editing flows I need to scroll through the options in the (most left) systemcolumn with all commands, devices etc. But every time again after making the first choice the (very tiny) scrollbar at that left column has gone and cannot be reproduced without a total restart of the app. This already happens since the desktop app had been released. It's very tiring because it costs so much time to create just one flow.
    What is going wrong? Something with the laptop I am using? The app itself? Is this a known issue? I could not find anything about it at the forum. By the way, the same fenomenon is existing using the Google Chrome method.

Please, who knows how to solve this?

EDIT: exactly the same problem, missing/disappearing scrollbar, is happening in the new music-chapter. So it's not possible to scroll through my Sonos-playlists.
    Nobody else with this kind of problem using the desktop app at a W10 laptop?
    In that case I have to have another look into my own system.
  • JanHJanH Member
    @WRos thanks for your reply. I had a look at that link. Changed the backgroundcolor. That helped in visibility but the scrollbar still disappears after a short while (after one or two clicks).
  • WRosWRos Member
    @JanH I tried to reproduce this issue on a Windows 7 OS, with desktop app version 1.0.3. I can't reproduce this. Is scrolling working without the slider, just with scroll wheel off you mouse or double finger swiping?