This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Express Controls App - EZ-Motion 3 in 1 Discussion Forum

konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
edited May 2017 in Apps

Express Controls
 - EZ-Motion 3 in 1 App

Github Repohttps://github.com/konradwalsh/com.sharedfunctions.homey-expresscontrols

I have created an app for Express Controls Devices.
Right now I have the EZ-Motion+ 3 in 1 Device working

Changelog:
03 May 2017 - 0.0.5 - First Commit to Github

Future Development:
  • Flow Cards
  • Mobile Cards
  • Then other devices

CREDITS:
Please note that Jilles Miedema started developing an app for the HMS100 by HomeSeer. That app wasn't fully compatible with the original Express Controls EZ- Motion 3 in 1. It only included basic motion detection. It doesnt support the LUX nor the Temp.. He did however pull together all of the settings for this device. He is developing the app according the needs of the HMS100. 

Express Controls make other hardware that I will also add later. This is important because they are developing some interesting development boards and devices. 

With that in mind, I decide it was better to create a new app for the actual manufacturer and have complete functionality of the device. I used his code as a base to understand the development. Then from there created new files with all of the excess trimmed and cleaned up.

Comments

• NattelipNattelip Member
    edited May 2017
    my app supports movement % luminance and temp and battery for the HMS 100 . i never said i didnt develop the app further . i dont always have time to follow or respond to slack ,forum etc.  

it is totally not correct to say my app only records motion , maybe not for your device but for my devices it does.

but your device is apperently different as the HMS 100 as it needs a different app . my HMS 100 s 10 in total work perfect with my app. so feel free to publish it . i see your device records LUX if i understand your post here above mine reports % luminance .

• konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited May 2017
    Nattelip said:
    my app supports movement % luminance and temp and battery for the HMS 100 . i never said i didnt develop the app further . i dont always have time to follow or respond to slack ,forum etc.  

it is totally not correct to say my app only records motion , maybe not for your device but for my devices it does.

but your device is apperently different as the HMS 100 as it needs a different app . my HMS 100 s 10 in total work perfect with my app. so feel free to publish it . i see your device records LUX if i understand your post here above mine reports % luminance .
    Hey
    I did reach out to you and I as I said in my credits I am only building on what you started. I also tried to monitor when you were online and it always showed you offline. So I really dont want to offend or take away from your hard work.

I am more than happy to update or change things as you see fit..
    I do feel, as I said in the credits, that a separate Express Controls app is need because of the new devices coming on stream and this particular model doesn't match yours.

EDIT: I amended my comments in the first post to reflect the current development of HMS100.
  • i am not offended by the start of a new app, I only can encourage that, your device must be different from the HMS100 otherwise my app would work for 100% with your device. But that the capabilities of the current HMS 100 app someZwave are completely wrong described in your post does offends me off course because it is way underestimated. But you corrected that so no bad feelings anymore.
  • Nattelip said:
    i am not offended by the start of a new app, I only can encourage that, your device must be different from the HMS100 otherwise my app would work for 100% with your device. But that the capabilities of the current HMS 100 app someZwave are completely wrong described in your post does offends me off course because it is way underestimated. But you corrected that so no bad feelings anymore.
    Cool.. please accept my humble apologies... Thanks friend
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited May 2017
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited May 2017
    What are you requesting @Nattelip ? I thought you were happy with the out come but yet still commented on the app.. Can you make yourself clear