This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Logitech Harmony Hub: Soort and Opdracht not prefilled

I have installed the app for Logitech Harmony Hub, and the list of my devices are found. But Soort and Opdracht do not show anything (see below) so I can't let Homey tun off the tv. 

Anyone suggestions?

Comments

• @Leliekevertje ;
     I have exactly the same problem, also with a Samsung TV. If I try to set the second field, it remains empty and often crashes the App. 
  • I also have a samsung, but here it works..  running homey 1.0.3  and harmony app 3.4
    I did update my hub last week to version 4.12.36
  • TIP! (I'm using the  latest homey experimental version + harmony hub version 4.12.36 + harmony app 3.4)
    1. use google chrome and NOT the homey app
    2. disable the app and re-enable the app under settings --> apps
    3. try it again

• Menno said:
    TIP! (I'm using the  latest homey experimental version + harmony hub version 4.12.36 + harmony app 3.4)
    1. use google chrome and NOT the homey app
    2. disable the app and re-enable the app under settings --> apps
    3. try it again

THanks Menno, great tip! It's working now. Bit curious the Homey app seems to be the problem. Thanks anyway!
  • Hi thanks for the tip to use Chrome, that did the job
    thanks thanks thanks :-)

• Working again!

• Great, my luck again...  Not working here  :(

I'm using Chrome, I disabled/enabled the app, second field still stays empty...
  • I assume the Harmony app (in Homey) queries the Harmony hub. When the information is not returned in a timely manner the app (in Homey) crashes.
    I have the same issues.
    When 'Soort' is empty, wait a few seconds. Sometimes, out of the blue, the box gets populated with some options.
    Probably the Harmony app just needs some extra network connectivity checks I think.
  • I assume the Harmony app (in Homey) queries the Harmony hub. When the information is not returned in a timely manner the app (in Homey) crashes.
    I have the same issues.
    When 'Soort' is empty, wait a few seconds. Sometimes, out of the blue, the box gets populated with some options.
    Probably the Harmony app just needs some extra network connectivity checks I think.
    I looked at the problem already some months ago, together with the dev.
    The problem seemed to be that a URL that is too long is returned and the app can't handle this.
    But this hasn't been fixed yet, and I don't think the dev is active here anymore...
  • That would be a pity, rather developer not being active anymore! 

A requested feature, available in Domoticz, was the ability for Harmony triggers. So, if a scene was activated, a flow would have this as a trigger card. 
  • I'm still here and following all issues. There is a well known issue with the app not handling the connections to the hub in an optimal manner. This results in too many connection remainingn an open state. The hub limits number of simultaneous connection (to 4 in most cases), so at some point it starts rejecting connections resulting in data not being received by the app. 

Some people might remember me being busy with a rewrite before I got the key to my new home. It's still taking up a lot of my time, besides my job, so the rewrite is far from finished.

Fortunately another dev (Marcel) has taken over some of the development this week. He expects to have some improvements ready this weekend. So stay tuned for an update in the next week or so.
  • brinkie said:
    I'm still here and following all issues.
    Ah, sorry, didn't see you in a long time, so I assumed the worst  :p

Great news!! Thanks for keeping this alive :smile: 
  • iDudeiDude Member
    Can anyone tell me if the Logitech Hub is a must have if your a Logitech harmony user with a Homey?

I'm a Homey newbie, but I am familiar with the Logitech remote.
    Do I need the Logitech Hub or can I do the same stuff without the Hub?
    I wan't to understand the advantages to add the Logitech Hub

Kind regards,
     Idude
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    Without a hub all these things are not possible..

You need a harmony remote which is WIFI connected, the hub is the part which does the WIF connecting.
    The remote itself does only send button commands to the hub which the hub translate into IR codes for the devices.

The main difference between a remote with HUB and without a hub is that without a hun the remote does eveything, this remote itself cannot be controlled externally by for example an app or program.
    The hub itself is connected to the cloud, this lets other programs or apps connect to it and control it.

So if you need to purchase a new remote, get one with a hub!
  • For everyone who wants the great device support of the logitech harmony combined with Homey flows I have the answer: Make a Homey action to trigger an IFTT activity to start the Harmoney .......

Works like a charm, and by the way: Geofencing is MUCH better with IFTT.