This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Trashcan Reminder

Comments

• edited March 2017
    @FreeFrags correct, some libraries were missing. I pulled all the latest changes from the main branch (that of @grazyfrog) and applied some fixes to add the missing libraries. All should work now :)

There are still some lose ends tho as you can see in this Network graph. Some people added/fixt API's that are not available in the main branch yet. - https://github.com/apstemmer/com.athom.trashchecker/network
  • VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited March 2017
    Will you be adding support for RD4?
  • Nope, I'm not. I'm to lazy to implement all different trash sites in the Netherlands (and worldwide). That's why I added the manual option to the app so that everyone can implement their own trash schedule with a few clicks :)
  • Hello,

Since (experimental) version 1.3.0, speech with trashcan reminder does not work anymore.
    In this new firmware release alarms were built in. Now every speech command starting with "when", "what day" ect. results in Homey saying "I cannot find a valid alarm...."

Any idea how we can fix this?

Gr. Remco

• Problem is in new speech processing of the new timers feature of release 1.3.0RC3. It will be fixed in the next RC
  • Nope, I'm not. I'm to lazy to implement all different trash sites in the Netherlands (and worldwide). That's why I added the manual option to the app so that everyone can implement their own trash schedule with a few clicks :)

Where is this feature ?
  • @Jwoudenberg on my github page, the app owner doesn't react anymore so the app can't be published to the Athom store ATM :(
  • I discussed this last Saturday with two of the Atom developers. The app owner is an old intern of them.
    The would see what is possible here (fork and delete original app or something else).

Gr. Remco
  • PekePeke Member
    It keeps crashing???
  • Peke said:
    It keeps crashing???
    Which version (and application settings (custom/postal zip details)) are you using and what is the error message that you get?
  • PekePeke Member
    Homey is on the stable 1.2.2, the app i just dll and installed from github, version number v.0.2.1.

When i put my postal code it says searching but nothing happens.

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module './lib/cookies'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/node_modules/ical/node_modules/request/index.js:18:29)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

• Have the same problem overhere with the link you gave above...

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'rrule'
    at Object.<anonymous> (/node_modules/ical/node-ical.js:20:13)

• Hm, will try to check this afternoon to see if all node modules are committed to git
  • Thanks...
  • Tidus_XTidus_X Member
    Is there anyone who can help me to let the app work in ( Apeldoorn / The Netherlands) 
  • edited May 2017
    The cookies module and the rrule module are both on github in the node_modules folder. So I don't know what's wrong when you are running the app. I can't find any differences between my local directory and the committed version in Git.

You do have to get my version from my repository and not that of apstemmer. The version of the app on my repository is 0.2.3!

@Tidus_X you can try to run my version of the app. This gives you the ability to set custom intervals for the trash collection and make it unnecessary to integrate the API yourself.
  • Tidus_XTidus_X Member
    The cookies module and the rrule module are both on github in the node_modules folder. So I don't know what's wrong when you are running the app. I can't find any differences between my local directory and the committed version in Git.

You do have to get my version from my repository and not that of apstemmer. The version of the app on my repository is 0.2.3!

@Tidus_X you can try to run my version of the app. This gives you the ability to set custom intervals for the trash collection and make it unnecessary to integrate the API yourself.
    Where can i find ur version? Im New on Homey, sorry 
  • You can follow this topic to install the app via the command line: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method

And then you can find my version here: https://github.com/robertraaijmakers/com.athom.trashchecker
  • PekePeke Member
    Still getting instant error,

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'rrule'
    at Object.<anonymous> (/node_modules/ical/node-ical.js:20:13)

• Okay, so the problem was in the fact that some node_modules were updated and there were some conflicting versions with Homey Internal modules. I updated all the modules and removed all the old ones.

Please check the new version here: https://github.com/robertraaijmakers/com.athom.trashchecker (and make sure to delete your local directory to prevent any conflicts). The new app version number is: 0.2.5

@spoelly with my version you can add your own schedule. I will talk to Athom to see if I can take over the app, because the original owner is not responding to any requests anymore. If that doesn't help I will publish the app somewhere next week as Trashcan Reminder 2.0 ;)

• spoellyspoelly Member
    ahhhh sweet :)
  • PekePeke Member
    The app doesnt crash anymore, but is keeps saying searching when i enter my postal and house number.
  • Peke said:
    The app doesnt crash anymore, but is keeps saying searching when i enter my postal and house number.
    Then probably your address isn't supported. Only those are supported:
    If your address isn't in any of these, then you can always use the manual option.

• PekePeke Member
    Peke said:
    Then probably your address isn't supported. Only those are supported:
    If your address isn't in any of these, then you can always use the manual option.

My bad! i thought i checked it and that it works but i was pressing demo haha! is there a way to get my town added to these calenders
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'UniqueId' of undefined
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/trashapis.js:278:42)
    at emitNone (events.js:72:20)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:166:7)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:923:12)
    at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:511:9)
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:425:17)

First time the app kept hanging on "checking adress" and after that it won't start anymore...

• Tidus_XTidus_X Member
    edited May 2017
    You can follow this topic to install the app via the command line: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method

And then you can find my version here: https://github.com/robertraaijmakers/com.athom.trashchecker

do i have to delete the "Original" app from the store before installing your's? and how can i use the manual option ? because my address isnt supported. thank u
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    de-installed, rebooted and re-installed. Now the app doesn't crash (must have been some leftovers...) but still I can't save the postal-code?
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited May 2017
    I get an other error. Same problem als @bvdbos. I can save and it crashes when checking my zip code.

TypeError: DOMParser is not a function
    at Array.gemeenteHellendoorn (/trashapis.js:374:19)
    at /app.js:437:29
    at Object.loop.next (/app.js:415:6)
    at /app.js:440:10
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/trashapis.js:356:18)
    at emitNone (events.js:72:20)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:166:7)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:923:12)
    at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:511:9)
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:425:17)

And i'm not living in hellendoorn