This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Firmware 1.2 improvement of 433 range

Hello there,

I got a KaKu AWST-8802 and a KaKu Remote, with both im not noticing any improvement with the 1.2 firmware.

Anyone got any tips ? already rebooted the homey and re-added the AWST.

Greetings.

Comments

• Same with my KAKU ACDB-7000A and Flamingo FA21RF. Both worked fine on the HomeWizard.
  • Since 1.2 I can now use the KAKU wallswitch from the wall inside my bathroom, which did not work before. A few centimeters further it no longer works. So yes, in my experience it is improved, but no, it's not by far.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    I have the same reception with the LightwaveRF. They claim that IR reception has been improved as well. That is also the same as before.
  • Roos001Roos001 Member
    edited May 2017
    With KAKU ACD-1000 switches hardly any improvement. Sending range not improved at all.  I'm getting very disappointed and think I will buy a KaKu controller and try to sell Homey on Marktplaats. What tests have been done to claim the improvement?

An update (23/4): I removed the KaKu repeater I had installed to compensate the earlier poor range. After this removal it seems to work better.  It even works on the second floor (~2e verdieping).  Perhaps the repeater signal interfered with the homey signal. I will do some additional tests in the coming days. So far it looks there is indeed an improvement. My earlier comment might have been premature.

Update (24/4)
    Did several tests. 433 functionality still appears to be instable and not reliable. This aplies for sending and receiving. Sending range sometimes is less than 5 meters. My optimism (yesterday signal reached the second floor!) has evaporated. The poor results were not caused by the environment, because the KaKu ACD-1000 responded well when a KaKu remote control transmitter was used.
    I strongly suggest that Athom/Homey no longer mentions the 433 functionality until Homey "speaks and understands" this popular protocol.

• Roos001 said:
    With KAKU ACD-1000 switches hardly any improvement. Sending range not improved at all.  I'm getting very disappointed and think I will buy a KaKu controller and try to sell Homey on Marktplaats. What tests have been done to claim the improvement?
    @Roos001

Did you try the following:

clear memory from your KAKU ACD-1000 and install smartwares app and add the socket as SHS-RPS-XXX
    or in the KAKU App add the ACD-1000 as fe AC-300 or wathever for other socket? just try some which works best for you.

Don't forget to clear memory from your ACD-1000 because after a few times it is full and you cann't add it anymore to homey

• Roos001Roos001 Member
    edited April 2017
    glijie said:
    Roos001 said:
    @Roos001

Did you try the following:

clear memory from your KAKU ACD-1000 and install smartwares app and add the socket as SHS-RPS-XXX
    or in the KAKU App add the ACD-1000 as fe AC-300 or wathever for other socket? just try some which works best for you.

Don't forget to clear memory from your ACD-1000 because after a few times it is full and you cann't add it anymore to homey

• Well, I have now purchased the KaKu AEX-701 to bridge this small gap, and now it works fine. 
    Pity, since the HomeWizard worked fine from the same position and it's only 3-4m, but at least now my doorbell works with Homey.

I've only noted that now sometimes my bell rings twice, once from the button and one from the repeater, but at least it's working :)

Now if only I could get the Smoke Detector to work, since the KaKu repeater doesn't work with it.
    If the range won't work as well as it did with the HomeWizard, then I may need to look into connected smoke detectors in order to make their own connected network to get to Homey.
  • Actually my 433 receiving range has decreased dramatically. Remote is no longer useable from the bedroom while it was previously.
  • longkailongkai Member
    Actually my 433 receiving range has decreased dramatically. Remote is no longer useable from the bedroom while it was previously.
    Same here. Half my remotes on the 1st floor (Homey is on 2nd) now fail - they worked flawlessly before the update.
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    Please search the forum for a recent discusstion. 
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators

This discussion has been closed.