This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

App that combine sensors

sebbe463sebbe463 Member
edited April 2017 in Developers
Hi!

I have checked the documentation and tried to check the source code for a few other apps but I can't found anything.

Is it possible for an app to subscribe on changes for a specific device? I want to create an app that let you combine, for example motion sensors into one. So say you've got 10 motion sensors all combined. When the first motion sensor detects movement, the "virtual" sensor will become active. And when the last sensor among those 10 no longer detects motion, it's not longer active.

Or are there any other solution without creating like 10-20 flows for those sensors.

The best solution would of course be that a flow can contain multiple triggers and you count the active sensors everytime some of these trigger. Or that Homey support the possibility of subscribing for changes in a zone.

Comments

• All is possible if you are able to make an app.
    I dont know how far your programming skills go, but for examle "heating schedule" finds all devices with "temperature setpoint".

If you rebuild this to to sensors with motion detection, you can maybe make something with checkboxes.

But this probably all goes if you want to make the effort, and think others might be using it too, otherwise, it is probably less effort to just make 10/20 flows
  • Priknr1 said:
    All is possible if you are able to make an app.
    I dont know how far your programming skills go, but for examle "heating schedule" finds all devices with "temperature setpoint".

If you rebuild this to to sensors with motion detection, you can maybe make something with checkboxes.

But this probably all goes if you want to make the effort, and think others might be using it too, otherwise, it is probably less effort to just make 10/20 flows
    Well, heating temperature uses the API to GET the devices but I need to listen for events in realtime. If i could GET the devices and then listen for events in realtime, that would be great. But I don't know if it's possible...
  • The logger app listen to device events on websockets. It's an unofficial api though.