This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• P.S. do you ever sleep @Emile? :P

• PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited December 2015

Yes, i'm curious about the size of the batch as well. ;-)

• Whoop whoop!! Merry X-mas everybody! And so it seems, a very very happy new year!!! like Tiny Tim said: 'may Homey bless everyone single one of us' ;-)

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

PimBliek said:
    Cool! Is the 239 option a first batch????

First batch is everyone who paid at least 399 euro on Kickstarter

• gvanlubeekgvanlubeek Member
    edited December 2015

@emile: When is pre-order(sep. 4) shipped ??

• Emile said:

PimBliek said:
    Cool! Is the 239 option a first batch????

First batch is everyone who paid at least 399 euro on Kickstarter

So that's 10 times a First Batch and 1 Super Backer, any info on the other backers levels?

• Some guys have upgraded to First batch after the KS campaign. I believe it is around 20 pcs now.

• I assume the first order at the manufacturer is larger than 20pcs.
    So the others are to create a complete send batch for the kickstarter campaign guys? :D

Basically, we'll ship as fast as we can make them at the start of next year.

Look, it was our first run at the production & self-test :-) Currently making it better (and faster, mainly) so we can produce them at lightspeed.

• Very impressive!

• Cool !

• Even with Homey's, you have a manager. :-)

• Emile said:
    Basically, we'll ship as fast as we can make them at the start of next year.

Look, it was our first run at the production & self-test :-) Currently making it better (and faster, mainly) so we can produce them at lightspeed.

• edited December 2015

Great to see this progress. What happens if you say 'Hey Homey' standing in front of that table? Do they all respond?

• You have to be very silent when approaching the table. Otherwise they will start responding and become aware of each other. Once this happens they will start communicating and create a general combined awareness. Before you know it they will be plotting to take over the world. We can't have that. That's my thing! NARF

• Damn, now the 'Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain' theme song won't go away ;)

• edited December 2015

It looks great to see that Homey herd on the table :)
    Btw is it me or do they look more shiny and plastic than the one on the mainpage and video's? Also is the central metal ring (IR port) gone?

edited December 2015

elfrigo said:
    It looks great to see that Homey herd on the table :)
    Btw is it me or do they look more shiny and plastic than the one on the mainpage and video's? Also is the central metal ring (IR port) gone?

They're really hard to photograph, and don't look plastic at all in real life, we've made sure of that :) The led ring is a killer for cameras!

• elfrigo said:

Also is the central metal ring (IR port) gone?

Jup, that's gone. They have embedded the IR in the led ring :smile: 
  • woei said:

You have to be very silent when approaching the table. Otherwise they will start responding and become aware of each other. Once this happens they will start communicating and create a general combined awareness. Before you know it they will be plotting to take over the world. We can't have that. That's my thing! NARF

"a general combined awareness" What A Great Idea! Anybody already working on an Api for that?
  • Emile said:

Were going to ship the first batch Homeys next Tuesday!

That's today!
  • @jovink;
    O Yeah!

@FirstBatch;
    Let us known if you receive Homey and hopefully you boys and/or girls see some time to post some unbox/install/first use videos :)
  • Whoho congratz to the lucky First batch! I guess you will receive them tomorrow? @Emile ; Is Athom sending them with PostNL including track&trace code? :smiley: 
    I've spent the whole day tracking down a bug that prevented the updater from working when you came from a specific version. It was something stupid in the end but oh well... Tomorrow we're going to flash all the Homeys for the first shipment and then ship them (I'll make photos), but I guess shipping them will be Friday. That gives me one day more to fix some small bugs so the out of the box experience is pretty good :-) 

Damn I'm nervous shipping them.. Haha! 
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2015
    That`s 1st January. Isn`t that a bank holiday in NL? Oh these predictions.... :smile: 
    Thanks for the trello page. It`s nice. Just keep it up to date.
    Oh my bad, I meant we'll be shipping them Thursday :) 
  • Friday no delivery I think. Shall mis that on Saturday. So if I am lucky I can pick it up on Monday afternoon. *Sniff* 
  • Well Emile, kids grow up pretty quick, and before you know it you have to let them go, and explore the world on there own.. So let go, the longer you hold on the harder the letting go gets ;)
  • Emile said:
    Oh my bad, I meant we'll be shipping them Thursday :) 
    Woohoo! See, Athom is not all about delays. This is an advancement in time!  :wink: 
  • Emile said:
    I've spent the whole day tracking down a bug that prevented the updater from working when you came from a specific version. It was something stupid in the end but oh well... Tomorrow we're going to flash all the Homeys for the first shipment and then ship them (I'll make photos), but I guess shipping them will be Friday. That gives me one day more to fix some small bugs so the out of the box experience is pretty good :-) 

Damn I'm nervous shipping them.. Haha! 
    Have you already found the time to take some photos?
    Just a little bit curious :smile: 
This discussion has been closed.