This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Geo fence and Garage door logic

I'm looking for an app that could detect, if my Iphone is connected to the car bluetooth (Phone) and if I cross the geofence my Garage door will open.

If I use a Standard geofence or home function, the Garage door will open all the time when I come home from a walk or a bike tour.

Any ideas to solve that issue?

Comments

• You can do all of this (and more) with Tasker
  • JaxcJaxc Member

www.crownstone.rocks

;)

• bvbbvb Member

Thanks for the Tips. After Review I saw that Tasker is not working for an iPhone and crownstone and crownstone I did not get the idea how it should work out of the box.

After a Review of several other HA Systems and threads I found an app named Geofency, which is interesting.

The app is working with a stadard IBeacon, which can be working over USB in the car. So that the iBeacon is only active when the car is on. Therefore there is only a message send if I'm in the car.

The app can also communicate via a Webhook and there is my issue:

- what URL do I Need to enter to send the command over the Internet to my homey (www.athom.com/myhomey?
    - and I can choose the POST Format = JSON- encoded or not
    - and they use a HTTP Basic Authentication

Is there someone outside who can help me to understand how this Webhookn should look like and on the other side to set up may be the "HTTP request APP" to recieve the Signal and create flows?

Thanks a lot for your Support.