This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Published] NEEO (v0.47.17)

nklerknklerk Member
edited November 2017 in Apps

Features

virtual devices:

• Create virtual devices and make them available to NEEO.
  • Provide the virtual device with a selectable device type. (light, TV, etc…)
  • Add buttons to your virtual devices.
  • Add sliders to your virtual devices.
  • Add switches to your virtual devices.
  • Add textlabels to your virtual devices.
  • Add images to your virtual devices.
  • Add predefined media buttons to your virtual devices.
  • Add predefined digit buttons to your virtual devices.
  • Add predefined power buttons to your virtual devices.
  • Add predefined navigation buttons to your virtual devices.
  • Added virtual devices contain a default set of buttons.

When… flow cards:

• "A button is pressed." This card is triggered when a button of a virtual device is pressed.
  • "A switch changed state." This card is triggered when a switch of a virtual device has changed state.
  • "A slider is changed." This card is triggered when a slider of a virtual device is changed.
  • "Event triggered." This card is triggered when a NEEO event is triggered. (recipe activated, button pressed, slider changed, etc…)

…And… flow cards:

• "Recipe is|isn't active." This card will condition a recipe being active or deactive.

…Then flow cards:

• "Activate a recipe." This card will start (Activate) the selected recipe.
  • "Shutdown a recipe." This card will shutdown (deactivate) the selected recipe.
  • "Shutdown all recipes." This card will shutdown all recipes.
  • "Press a button." This card will press the selected button on the NEEO remote.
  • "Change a Switch." This card will set the selected switch on the NEEO remote to On/Off.
  • "Change a Slider." This card will set the selected slider on the NEEO remote to a specific value.
  • "Inform slider state. (Percentage)" This card will inform the NEEO remote user interface of the given value in percentage for the selected virtual device slider.
  • "Inform slider state. (Value)" This card will inform the NEEO remote user interface of the new value for the selected virtual device slider.
  • "Inform switch state." This card will inform the NEEO remote user interface of the new value for the selected virtual device switch.
  • "Inform label or image state." This card will inform the NEEO remote user interface of the new value for the selected virtual device label or set the image based on a URL.
  • "Blink the brain LED." This card will blink the LED of the selected NEEO brain (every x time blinks for 2 seconds.)

To Do

• Migrating to homey-sdkv2
  • Support base64encoded images to NEEO.
  • redesign of settings UI.
  • Adding actual system info to settings UI.
  • Adding tools like TV/Radio favorite editing.
  • Adding feature to check specific sensor values in NEEO.

Changelog.

Version 0.47.17

• Fixed an issue that would happen when searching a device in NEEO when no virtual devices were present on Homey.
  • Fixed an issue that would happen when searching capabilities in Homey when no virtual devices where present.
  • Fixed an issue that would happen when searching capabilities in Homey when no virtual devices where present.
  • Fixed an issue that would happen when getting all devices in Homey when no virtual devices where present.
  • Fixed an issue that could happen while retrieving brain configuration.

Version 0.47.16

• Fixed an issue where selecting a button would crash the app.

Version 0.47.15

• Fixed an issue where the app would crash when no NEEO brains where found.

Version 0.47.14

• Changed Version Numbering
  • Added …And… card recipe is active/deactive.
  • Added …then card blink NEEO Brain LED.
  • New helpfull information added.
  • Created individual node modules. (was one file)
  • General code cleaning
  • Neeo now support images! and so does this app.
  • Fixed first time use issues.
  • Fixed the use of percentage values. (0 to 1).
  • A lot of smaller bug fixes.

Version 0.9.4

• Fixed an issue with a corupted neeobrains save.

Version 0.9.3

• Fixed an issue when NEEO requests a unknown capabilitie.

Version 0.9.2

• Rewritten event notifications.

Version 0.9.1

• Cleaned up a lot of code.

Version 0.8.0

• Rework of MDNS Discovery.
  • Bug Fixes

Version 0.7.7

• Added token support (Tags)

Version 0.7.6

• Fixed a critical bug that rendered all NEEO flows unusable.
  • Added textlabels as capabilitie, You can now display textual inforamation. like what did homey say :-)
  • Cleaned settings code.
  • Changed icons on app settings
  • Added textlabel icon for app settings.
  • Changed initial bonjour interval from unlimited every 10 seconds to 10 times 1 minute.

Version 0.7.5

• Default Capabilities will now be added when adding a new virtual device.
  • Settings page look and feel changed.
  • Added a download configuration button so you can make a backup.
  • Added setting to view connected NEEO brains.
  • Added discovery button to manually discover NEEO brains.
  • Added a delete NEEO brain function to settings.

Version 0.7.4

• Fixed a bug where switches didn't work.
  • changed name of "drivers" to "Virtual Devices"
  • Fixed a bug that causes bonjour error's.
  • Added a way to turn off all active recipies.

Version 0.7.3

• minor debug log changes.
  • Changed re registering to rediscovery/reconnect syclus of 10 Minutes.

Version 0.7.2

• fixed a bug that caused an issue when using a multi brain setup

Version 0.7.1

• First public beta release.

Comments

• lenonlinelenonline Member
    edited April 2017
    Again, this is awesome Niels! Job well done; and thanks a bunch. Now I just have to wait on my NEEO :blush:

I looked at your app's description in the store and I'm not fully sure if I understand you correctly. So please bear with me :)

You talk about "custom drivers" and "custom drivers with a selectable device type.". I tried searching NEEO's website to learn more about customer drivers yet I can't really find anything that explains this clearly. So you could help me out by explaining what this means?

Lastly, did I correctly understand that I can set-up my NEEO in a way that it communicates with my already exsting (Z-wave) devices that are connected to Homey? Or do I connect the devices to NEEO's brain and use the devices in Homey through your app?

Thanks for your help! I'm really psyched about this!
  • lenonline said:
    Again, this is awesome Niels! Job well done; and thanks a bunch. Now I just have to wait on my NEEO :blush:

I looked at your app's description in the store and I'm not fully sure if I understand you correctly. So please bear with me :)

You talk about "custom drivers" and "custom drivers with a selectable device type.". I tried searching NEEO's website to learn more about customer drivers yet I can't really find anything that explains this clearly. So you could help me out by explaining what this means?

Lastly, did I correctly understand that I can set-up my NEEO in a way that it communicates with my already exsting (Z-wave) devices that are connected to Homey? Or do I connect the devices to NEEO's brain and use the devices in Homey through your app?

Thanks for your help! I'm really psyched about this!
    I might need to change the text to something more clear, unfortunately this was the best i could come up with.

The app lets you define device drivers with capabilities. i.e. you could add a new device driver and name it "len's KaKu 433 light" Add a switch (for on/off) and a slider (for brightness) to this device driver. This device driver that you have custom build in the app settings will now be available in NEEO. when you add a new device on the NEEO and search for the just created device you will find your device in the list. and you will be able to add the device to NEEO.

When you change the switch or the slider of the device on the NEEO remote. it will activate the trigger card "when a switch is changed" or "when a slider is changed" With a flow you can use these cards to for instance power on/off a 433Mhz light. or any other device or app in neeo. this way its possible to control every homey connected device with some custom buttons on NEEO

Also controlling any device that is connected to NEEO is possible. just with a flow on homey. hope this helps
  • lenonline said:

Yes and Yes ;-)

Zwave is native to the NEEO so this is allready possible without my app but you can also control your z wave devices or anything else you might have connected to your homey. just make a flow and let either a custom build device driver, a recipe (NEEO name for what homey named a flow) or a specific button be your trigger to start the flow.

Every recipe you have on NEEO can be started or turned off with a action card. you can make a flow where homey listens to (Ok homey, turn on the TV) and select the neeo card that activates a recipe and select the TV recipe.
  • Hi Niels, also here thumbs up for the work!

I had the exact same question as above about the drivers, because that was also somewhat unclear for me, not anymore now. Would it be an idear to not name it custom device drivers but perhaps "(custom) virtual devices"? Because that is what I think you can do, you create a virtual device which can have different capabilities to control an actual device in Homey. 

Just my 2ct.
  • "virtual devices" is indeed a better naming from a Homey point of view. To NEEO these are delivered as device drivers  so that's the reason behind the name. I'll change it in one of the next updates. Maybe i can add some screenshots of examples so it's more clear. I'm happy to receive input on this.
  • PacoSPacoS Member

Hello,

Am I mistaking or is NEEO another HOMEY (or Homey another Neeo) ??

“Wireless.

Connect Wifi, Bluetooth and Z-Wave and much more devices and let them interact with each other.

360° infrared.

Turn your living room into a smart one with NEEOs powerful built-in infrared blaster design.

Everywhere.

Connect an external 360° infrared extender (included) to control gear in and outside of cabinets.

NEEO recipes make home automation simple

Flows.

Recipes (Flows) are simple and powerful. They allow you to automate everyday routines in your connected home and connect devices that usually wouldn't be able to interact with each other. Automation was never easier: we even create some of it automatically for you. You can modify recipes and create your own in minutes.”

Or is there something else ??

• These products have a overlap in features but they also differ a lot. I'm happy to have both as they both have their strengths and weaknesses and together they form a perfect solution.
  • Version 0.7.4 (submitted for approval.)

• JulianJulian Member
    @nklerk; do you know if and/or when NEEO will support Dutch? Dunno, perhaps you are helping them already with the translations :wink:

Must say, would be mainly for my kids but since NEEO is sooo delayed they now have had quite some English lessons so they would probably manage :smiley:
  • nklerknklerk Member
    @Julian You can name all your rooms and devices the way you like. I've made sure that most if not all channel logo's are available as well. my son (5 Years old) knows how to use the remote so i think you will be okay.
  • JulianJulian Member
    Ok, so no Dutch anytime soon I guess. Great that the channel logo's are available, only noticed lately that I think the kids would rather have direct Netflix buttons for their favourite shows there :smiley: 
  • nklerknklerk Member
    With Neeo and homey this would be an easy button.
  • JulianJulian Member
    I meant a button for the show itself, think that is still a bridge too far  B)

Now they yell 'I want to watch Netflix' to Homey, then it starts via my Harmony. 
  • nklerknklerk Member
    lol. That's also a solution. my homey doesn't listen that well unfortunatly
  • Hi @nklerk! A few months later, so just checking in if your still using the NEEO and Honey combo?

I'm still eager about using your app however I'm also still waiting on my NEEO delivery. The final verdict on European delivery is still pending.. It has been a bit too silent to my liking. No updates whatsoever but the Americans seem to be happy :)

Btw, just out of curiosity, are you using NEEO with the Ziggo Horizon box?
  • Mine just arrived  :D Very nice piece of gear!
    @nklerk any pointers for zwave devices? did you include the brain in the homey network or are you purely using the virtual devices in the neeo app?
  • It works well Niels. One question; I added a Lights virtual device. On Neeo I can make it appear (easy!). But if I open the recipe the first tab is empty and the second tab/screen has the short cuts. Do you know if I can either change the shortcuts to appear on the first tab or delete the first tab?
  • lenonline said:
    Hi @nklerk! A few months later, so just checking in if your still using the NEEO and Honey combo?

I'm still eager about using your app however I'm also still waiting on my NEEO delivery. The final verdict on European delivery is still pending.. It has been a bit too silent to my liking. No updates whatsoever but the Americans seem to be happy :)

Btw, just out of curiosity, are you using NEEO with the Ziggo Horizon box?
    I'm using my NEEO and Homey every day. Love them both :-)
  • Jerryvdv said:
    Mine just arrived  :D Very nice piece of gear!
    @nklerk any pointers for zwave devices? did you include the brain in the homey network or are you purely using the virtual devices in the neeo app?
    Could you explain what you specifically want to know, I'm not sure what you are asking.

You can create a virtual device in the NEEO app and expose it to NEEO. You can then use the Homey's Flow system to controll zwave devices. but NEEO also supports Zwave and can be secondary controller to homey.
  • Phaeton said:
    It works well Niels. One question; I added a Lights virtual device. On Neeo I can make it appear (easy!). But if I open the recipe the first tab is empty and the second tab/screen has the short cuts. Do you know if I can either change the shortcuts to appear on the first tab or delete the first tab?
    Could you please make a screenshot of picture to show what you mean?
    If you create a licht then it should be exposed as light with a slider just as it would with hue's for instance.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    edited November 2017
    Sorry all for the late replies, i didn't got any notifications. -User Error-
  • nklerknklerk Member
    edited November 2017

Version 0.47.17 (submitted for approval.)

I noticed some crash reports. these crashes were all related to an initial empty state of NEEO or Homey configuration. I've fixed these issues in 0.47.17 that is now waiting for approval.

- Fixed an issue that would happen when searching a device in NEEO when no virtual devices where pressent on Homey.
    - Fixed an issue that would happen when searching capabilities in Homey when no virtual devices where pressent.
    - Fixed an issue that would happen when getting all devices in Homey when no virtual devices where pressent.
    - Fixed an issue that could happen while retreving brain configuration.
  • nklerk said:

I noticed some crash reports. these crashes were all related to an initial empty state of NEEO or Homey configuration. I've fixed these issues in 0.47.17 that is now waiting for approval.

- Fixed an issue that would happen when searching a device in NEEO when no virtual devices where pressent on Homey.
    - Fixed an issue that would happen when searching capabilities in Homey when no virtual devices where pressent.
    - Fixed an issue that would happen when getting all devices in Homey when no virtual devices where pressent.
    @nklerk

Evrything looks fine at your app, very thankfull. Hope my combo comes soon to play it.

Thanks Again
  • olive said:
    nklerk said:

@nklerk

Evrything looks fine at your app, very thankfull. Hope my combo comes soon to play it.

Thanks Again
    I Hope you love it like i do ;-)
  • nklerk said:
    olive said:
    nklerk said:

@nklerk

Thanks Again
    I Hope you love it like i do ;-)
    I see and read on planet neeo everytime, you are one of them top contributors ;)  . I see every video on youtube, caaaannnnnt wait.
  • Version 0.47.17 (Published)

• Only had my Neeo a day, and Homey not much longer.  

I would like to display a message on the Neeo screen that shows the number/name, maybe even a picture of an incoming telephone caller (displayed when I pickup/move the Neeo) .

I already have the name/CID available in Homey and I can send that to a virtual device shortcut screen - but I would like somehow to get the Neeo to automatically switch to and display that screen when the phone rings based on something sent from Homey . Is this possible , perhaps via running a recipe or simulating a button press ?

K

• xAPPO said:

I already have the name/CID available in Homey and I can send that to a virtual device shortcut screen 

How did you got that working? I am testing and trying to send a textlabel to a shortcut screen in NEEO but after I add the text label capability to a NEEO virtual device in Homey it does not show up in NEEO when I try to select that capability in the 'add shortcut' part. 
  • Oh.. it just worked for me

From memory I added the text label capability to the virtual device and then having selected that device on the Neeo , went to the shortcuts menu and pressed the 'Add a shortcut'  '+' button .  You then get a screen that says 'Add a shortcut from a specific device' and I selected my virtual device and all my capabilities were listed including the 'TEXTLABEL' .
    I don't think it actually displayed anything until I then added in the 'then' column of a flow a Neeo  'update textlabel image or image'' card and the text to display.  It then displayed both the name of the label and the content (after a swipe right).
  • Julian said:
    xAPPO said:

I already have the name/CID available in Homey and I can send that to a virtual device shortcut screen 

How did you got that working? I am testing and trying to send a textlabel to a shortcut screen in NEEO but after I add the text label capability to a NEEO virtual device in Homey it does not show up in NEEO when I try to select that capability in the 'add shortcut' part. 
    You need to re add the driver in NEEO when you make changes to the virtual device.