This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
plugwise

[NEW UPDATE] Plugwise Smile P1 (v2.0.0)

13»

Comments

• gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited October 2016
    v0.9.15 is pending approval in the app store. It removes the 0-readings after app restart
    edited November 2016
    FW update 0.10.9 breaks the Smile P1 app. There is a new experimental version available on GitHub (v0.9.16) that has a workaround. Unfortunately you have to remove and re-pair the device.

• v0.9.16 is uploaded to the appstore and pending approval.

ATTENTION: DELETE and RE-PAIR of device is required!
  • My current usage is constant 140W, also in the Plugwise app on my phone, any idea what is going wrong?
  • @Ambruzzi maybe you are indeed always using 140 W ? Is the cable between the smile and your smartmeter maybe not properly connected?

If not, could you do the following: with a webbrowser go to

http://[ip address of your homey]/core/modules

login with:
    username: smile
    password: your SmileID (the one you also use during pairing)

You should get an XML output. Could you send me this xml (in a personal message)?
  • The app is crashing on opening the card with the following stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    at storeNewReadings (/drivers/smilep1/driver.js:380:66)
    at /drivers/smilep1/driver.js:330:17
    at Parser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:484:18)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Parser.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Object.onclosetag (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:445:26)
    at emit (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:640:35)
    at emitNode (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:645:5)
    at closeTag (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:905:7)
    at Object.write (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:1449:13)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • @Alle Thanks for reporting this!. I uploaded a new version to GitHub that should solve the issue. You can install already from there, or wait for the appstore release
    edited November 2016
    v1.0.0 has just been submitted for approval in the appstore. This is the first stable release for the all new Homey v1.0. Added all individual power meter readings (re-pair is required to use this in insights or in the device card)
  • Thanks for the update but it crashes again on opening.

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'services' of undefined
    at mapMeter (/drivers/smilep1/driver.js:393:79)
    at storeNewReadings (/drivers/smilep1/driver.js:414:38)
    at /drivers/smilep1/driver.js:342:21
    at Parser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:489:18)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Parser.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Object.onclosetag (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:447:26)
    at emit (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:640:35)
    at emitNode (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:645:5)
    at closeTag (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:905:7)

edited November 2016
    With help of @Alle ;found the root-cause of his app crashes. The data coming from his Smile is sometimes corrupt. It looks like the same problem that was reported by @Webster  on June 10th in this forum. A replacement cable from Plugwise solved it for him. I will work on a new app version with extra checks to prevent crashes when corrupted data is produced by Smile.
  • I also just got a new cable from Plugwise (just for free, good service) and now it is working well!
    The old cable has 4 ports on the connector to the motherboard, the new connector has 5 ports.

Thank you for your help and your app!

• version 1.1.0 has just been submitted for the appstore. It is extremely robust for corrupt smile data :)
  • Great!
  • OK, some Q&A based on questions I received via PM:

Q: I have a smartmeter (DSMR) and a Homey. What do I need to monitor the smartmeter in Homey?

A: You need an interface device connected to the P1 interface of the smartmeter, and a compatible app. When you want use the Plugwise Smile P1 app you need to have the Plugwise Smile P1 as interface device (duh ;)  ). Visit the Plugwise site for more information. https://www.plugwise.nl/smile-p1 

A: There are also other interface devices available. In the appstore you can for instance find the BeNext app that can work with the BeNext P1 dongle via Z-Wave. This device is not compatible with the Plugwise Smile P1 app.

Q: How do I connect the Plugwise Smile P1 interface to my network?

A: Visit the Plugwise site for more information (but it connects to your network, either via ethernet or via wifi)

Q: Where is the data from the meters stored?

A: All data that the app collects from the device is stored in Homey via the Insights tab.

A: Please be aware that Plugwise also collects data remotely. See the Plugwise site for more information.

Q: How long is the data stored?

A: As long as you have enough storage in your Homey (years?)

A: Until you remove the device in the Homey Devices tab

A: Until you uninstall the app from Homey

A: Until you manually remove the data from the Homey Insights tab

Q: Can I make a backup of the data?

A: Yes, by using the standard export functionality from the Homey Insights tab

edited January 2017
    V1.1.1 is pending approval in the app store. It fixes a flow/token problem introduced with Homey firmware 1.1.2
  • @gruijter_dev, thanks for this excellent app. I installed the plugwise Smile P1 a week ago, connected smoothly and had no hick ups.

For a next release would it be possible to set in the settings part the polling frequency as the app & plugwise generate quite some traffic when I see the logging. every so seconds most of the data are send. for me that is not neccesary.  I could do with an hourly value.

Will buy you a virtual beer

• @Hedzer, excellent idea! Let me find a sunny Sunday to work on this while enjoying some cold beer  B)
  • v1.1.2 is pending approval in the appstore. It ads a setting for the polling interval as requested by @Hedzer
  • The Plugwise Smile P1 app deserved some love from me. I just uploaded version 2.0.0 to the appstore as beta (pending approval).

It is a complete rewrite of the app, and is now compliant to Homey SDK2.

Please let me know if the the beta works o.k. (or not). There is a debug log in the app settings tab.
  • Plugwise smile p1 app continuesly crashes. I have version 2.01
  • @jeroen_s sorry to hear that. Can you provide information what is crashing, and under what cirumstances that happens?
  • It’s the app itself in homey, when looking in the event window multiple times per day the app crashes (see screenshots), i’m running 1.5.6rc.8

When try to restart i have to restart twice before app is running again

• Have you alraedy tried to fully uninstall the app, and then reinstalling again?
  • Hi, yes tried that and even without adding the device yet the app crashed :-(
  • I have exactly the same issue as jeroen_s.

Everytime it crashes it gives the following Stack trace:

/captureLogs.js:33
    Homey.app.error('error parsing logfile: ', err.message);
    ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of null
    at fs.readFile (/captureLogs.js:33:52)
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:511:3)

I'm running version 2.0.1 on Homey version 1.5.6-rc.8

• Yep, new version 2.0.2 with the solution is already waiting for approval in the appstore. If you are in a hurry you can get it now from github.
  • Weird thing is that after reinstall again it suddenly works ??? Might also be related to the fact i removed my nightly reboot schedule for homey to once in the week
  • jdh009jdh009 Member
    @gruijter_dev

Really nice app! Going to buy a plugwise probably this week so i have a question about the two versions

Does it also work with the Smile version 2?

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1124607/plugwise-smile-p1-(versie-2).html
    edited July 2018
    Hi @jdh009 I have asked this question about v2 to Plugwise. This is the response I got from them:

De call voor het uitlezen zou hetzelfde moeten zijn als in het verleden.
    Ik verwacht dan ook geen problemen.

So it should work without problem.

Btw: You can also look at my enelogic/youless app as an alternative to plugwise p1. The youless ls120 has the advantage of an additional optical reader which I use to read my water meter. Downside is that it only has wired ethernet, no wifi onboard.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2779/new-update-enelogic-and-youless-v2-0-0