This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

My project... Italy

2»

Comments

• With Google Home, Philips Hue works very well. 
    I think I need Homey only for connect some Fibaro sensors to my system. 
    Can I use a universal Fibaro sensor to connect my alarm to Homey? 
  • With Google Home, Philips Hue works very well. 
    I think I need Homey only for connect some Fibaro sensors to my system. 
    Can I use a universal Fibaro sensor to connect my alarm to Homey? 
    If your alarm system has an relay output (or a 24V negative) than you can use a universal sensor to let Homey know if your alarm system is enabled of disabled. The sensor has 2 inputs and 2 outputs contacts. Each output is closing when the corresponding input is true. You CAN'T switch the outputs by z-wave. So you can't are or disarm the alarm with the sensor (if your alarm system has the option to arm/disarm by a input signal)
  • My alarm is Elkron Mp508. Can you help me? 

• @white_shark kind request, can you change the title of your topic (specifically the "Help me !!!")?
    You're receiving quite a lot of support on your questions... agree?
  • Ok, you can call it only "my project - Italy" 
  • Ok, you can call it only "my project - Italy" 
    Only the topic owner (or administrator) is able to change the title... I'm neither one of them...  o:)
  • My alarm is Elkron Mp508. Can you help me? 

It seems that Elkron is an Italian company. Most of the product information is in written in Italian. I can't make something up on that. Did you have a Englisch version of the manual (from the central unit)?
  • white_sharkwhite_shark Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't find english manual. 
    I read it has 8 input to program and 6 exit to program (2 relè + 4 OC). 
  • HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't find english manual. 
    I read it has 8 input to programma and 6 exit to program (2 relè + 4 OC). 
    In that case, you can use a Fibaro Binary Sensor to connect to 2 of the programmable inputs (example Input 1=Alarm is armed, inputs 2= Intruder alarm). You can use a witch (ex. Fibaro FGS-222), who has 2 outputs witch you can connect to the inputs of your alarm system. Then you can for example arm/disarm the alarm witch output 1 and silence the alarm with output 2.

This is form a dutch website:

Fibaro SGF-222:
    https://www.robbshop.nl/fibaro-inbouwschakelaar-2-1-5-kw

Fibaro Binary Sensor:
    https://www.robbshop.nl/fibaro-z-wave-universele-binare-sensor
  • Thank you, for me it's impossible understand dutch language, but I try with Google Translate. 
  • Can I connect Homey to my sound system? 
  • Can I connect Homey to my sound system? 
    Depends on wich kind of sound system. You can connect with Sonos speakers, but you can also use the Sonos Connect to play it on your sound system.
  • I have a normal Pioneer home theatre... Hasn't Homey an optical output? 
  • I have a normal Pioneer home theatre... Hasn't Homey an optical output? 
    No, it has an 3,5 mm jack output. But (for now) you can't use it for all music services. For example spotify. You can link your spotify account to homey, but cant play it true the internal speaker or jack output. This is because of the "rights" of spotify. So you must use for example a sonos speaker (or some other speaker) to play the music. In your case you can use a Sonos Connect to play you music by homey. The Sonos wil act as a sort of interface between your homey and you pioneer system.
  • You call it "right", in Italy we call it "mafia"... I'm jocking. 
    And if I use a Google Cast or a Nvidia Shield? 
    I find this product: Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link. 
    I think it's like Sonos Connect but it's so economic!!! 
  • Can someone shows me some wifi camera good for Homey? 
  • Can someone shows me some wifi camera good for Homey? 
    None yet, camera support is on the roadmap. You can use Synology (with the synology surveillance app) that can send images to your telegram for example but camera directly with Homey is coming soon
  • Ok thank you