This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Chamberlain support

Hi there,
I've just preordered a Homey, I can't wait to have it here :-)
I also have a chamberlain garagedoor which i control with my smartphone from anywhere. Will this also be supported by Homey?
I can't code but i've found an API for MyQ Chamberlain.
http://docs.unofficialliftmastermyq.apiary.io/#reference/default/system-detail
I hope if it will not be supported someone will make the app for Homey :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Is there someone that can develop a Chamberlain app for Homey? :)
  • That API is unofficial and incomplete. It only shows code to login, get system details and show the status. There is no code to open or close your garagedoor. And it speaks of an application ID, but not of how to get that.

So even though I think it will be possible to create an app for this, you would still need more information. And it is kinda hard to create an app for this if you don't have a garagedoor to test it with ;)
  • In my case i don't want to open and close my garage door with it but just if it opens and there is movement the garage then turn on the "welcome home" scene. Because I have to be very often in my garage but that doesn't mean it always have to start the "welcome home" screen if there is movement. :)

• Well another solution is, using doorsensors and motion sensor to get this done. IF doorsensor open AND motion sensor detects someone THEN welcome home thingy
  • I also hope the Chamberlain will be supported by Homey.

Adding an extra doorsensor to a perfectly working system that should be able to handle it, is strange.
    If with every idea, you require a double system, it would be much fun.. We would also like it to open the door through homey and not use a separate app for each device. just for the garage, we require an extra light sensor (detect if the car is under the door), A relay in parallel to the normal switch on the wall (open/close) and a sensor if the door is open.

The Chamberlain garage opener (Comfort ML 700EV)  works through RF and with MyQ with Wifi. I hope Homey will be able operate with this without all the bypasses and/or using the original chamberlain app.

It would even be better if Homey has a direct communication, without the MyQ (saves 99 euro), but then you are missing the light sensors.

• PekePeke Member

Is there any progress on this? working api on the internet? direct contact because it works tru RF on the 800mhz band?

• I am a owner of a chamberlain tube motor for my screen and would like to open and close this with homey. I'm not the guy that can write code so i hope that some one can make a chamberlain app for this. the remote is a chamberlain CS4330 frequency 433 MHz