This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Presence not being detected

Hi,

Is anyone having an issue with Homey not being able to tell when a device has come home or left? My devices connect to the same wifi as homey, yet it doesn't show any presence. I have a few workflows that used to work when I came home, but now that doesn't trigger . Running 1.1.9

Any suggestions? 

Comments

• JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited April 2017
    Use ifttt, smart presence, presence or mqtt for presence. Athom published homey on new markets before they fix mayor features. But the forum is full with alternatives for presence. 
  • Dud u even try to use the search function build in this forums?
  • anneanne Member
    For the record (and for what it's worth ;)), for me Homey presence works perfectly on an iPhone 6s and an iPhone 7.

There were some issues with it up to around january this year, however around that time it started working properly (it seems due to an an iOS update). Since then it only failed once on the iPhone 7. Turning the phone off and on again fixed it. 
  • @Rocodamelshe Was your comment needed? Like at all? It was a simple question I was asking and what did you have to do? Come back with a pointless comment.

@Jschuetz Thank you for your help! Added Smart presence to homey and so far, still nothing.. Will try work it out though.. IFTTT doesn't really work all that great with my device anyways. So will try knuckle it down :) thanks!
  • For the record....presence really s*cks on android S7 and Edge
  • @glijie
    yeah my android SAMSUNG Note 5 seems to struggle now with presence.  
  • here iphone 6 and 7, sucks on both
  • bvbbvb Member
    I have also issues with Homey presence
  • it should work because @Athom closed this issue  :/ https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1236

• FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited June 2017
    Maybe a bit offtopic but has any1 have any experience with Aura?    https://www.aurahome.com/

This looks like a awesome way to pick up presence in home. 

Ontopic the issue with Android is that due to the power saving the Wifi get's turned off after some time if the screen is turned off.  As far as i noticed the app only checks if you connected to the same WiFi as homey is connected to and set's your presence based on that.  In the advanced options of the wifi you find an option to keep it turned on in sleepmode.  Have you checked this?  
  • Hi @Floodnl ;
    I have tried this, however still doesnt work. The presence does not get detected.. I have had to change over to smart rpesence for now, which is a shame cause it doesnt yet support specific flows to be triggered for specific people like the homey built in presence detector used to. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Smart presence does this, there are tags...
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.terryhendrix.smartpresence

Normal presence doesn't use the wifi connection, smart presence does. I noticed an issue with normal presence, sometimes it sets me to away even though smart presence correctly stated I'm home. Must also be some energy-saving issue...
  • "Person specific triggers and conditions" is an upcoming feature for smart presence.. Cant wait. 
  • I tried several solutions for 'presence', the only thing that works well for me is a combination of IFTTT with Life360 and Homey IFTTT app. Works on all devices, through several IOS/Android updates. Happy to share info for people still struggling out there.
  • @MarcelKleine

I use IFTTT with Location. What is the difference when using Life360? Is it more accurate and stable? Or they both do the same?
  • I tried several solutions for 'presence', the only thing that works well for me is a combination of IFTTT with Life360 and Homey IFTTT app. Works on all devices, through several IOS/Android updates. Happy to share info for people still struggling out there.
    I switched also to Life360 and IFTTT because presence worked only for 2 days. Life 360 worked fine, but after 2 days it stopped working (5s with IOS 11.0.1). The homey presence on my wifes phone workes correct (5s with IOS 10)
  • Since 3 days i'm now on IOS 11.0.3. After setting all the relevant switches in IOS on and off (always in background etc.) It works with my 5S again.
    My wife went over to 11.0.3 the day before yesterday and presence stopped working for her. I will check if switching all the settings makes a difference.