This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Echo dot or homey speech

iwaniwan Member
I really need a full functional speechdevice. 
What can i expect the coming months: a fully functional homey on this topic or do we have to go to the echo dot?
And if we go to the echo dot, will this fully be supported by homey in dutch, or can we say that is the aim?

Can anyone be clear about this?

Comments

• The echo dot will not support Dutch before it is released in the Netherlands and this depends completely on Amazon and not Athom.
  • iwaniwan Member
    OK thanx. But will Homey have then a similar speech functionality?
  • It all depends on what u wanna do with the speech commands of course. If u just wanna listen to music from bt speakers and nothing else, go for the dot. If u wanna automate ur home go for homey. If u have enough money go for both !
  • Get the Echo Dot and enable the Homey skill. Best 60 euro I ever spent, it makes voice-controlling Homey fun again. "Alexa, ask Homey to turn on garden lights. Works with music blasting, tv on and my daughter screaming in the background. 
  • Homey supports Alexa/Google assistant (home) but they only work with matching languages. Homey supports English and Dutch but Alexa/Google support English and no Dutch (yet)
  • eliasromeroeliasromero Member
    edited August 2017
    I prefer to use Homey. It is more comfortable for me