This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

My project... Italy

white_sharkwhite_shark Member
edited April 2017 in Questions & Help
Good night at all. 
I'm Marco from Italy. Congratulations for this forum. 
I'm searching an alternative solution from Fibaro HC2 and I find Homey, I like it so much. 
I know italian language isn't support now, but it isn't a problem for my. 
My project is: Homey, Honeywell thermostat with wifi valves, smoke and water sensors,  lights and rollers shutter. 
For these automations I think I can take z-wave products. 
Can someone help me? 

Thank you so much. 

Marco 

Comments

• Lights, roller shutters, smoke and watersensors are all zwave and work with Homey:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro for example

There's also versions which work with 433 (but Zwave is better).  Wifi-valves? I didn't see them before but zwave-valves do work.
    https://apps.athom.com/search?categories=climate&title=Climate

Depends on the thermostate...
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.bevlogenheid.evohome for example

• Hello Marco, welcome to the forum.

I think we are all willing to help but we need specifics like: 
    - Do you already own a homey?
    - What brand and type of sensors are you planning to use?
    - Zwave device from the larger suppliers a mostly very well implemented via a homey app.

To conclude, try to be as specific as possible. This way more people here are able to help :)
  • Hello, Thank you for your reply. 
    I want to buy Homey next week, I would only understand some things. 
    I don't know what sensors I will buy, I ask it here. 
    I can take Fibaro sensors and switches, and use an Honeywell thermostat, I think it's the best one. 
    Sorry bvdbos, I think Honeywell valves are wifi. 
    I have three questions:
    1) why do you take Homey and don't use Fibaro HC2?
    2) In which mode Homey and Google Home can work together?
    3) Works Homey good in Italy (for frequences)?  
  • Hello, Thank you for your reply. 
    I want to buy Homey next week, I would only understand some things. 
    I don't know what sensors I will buy, I ask it here. 
    I can take Fibaro sensors and switches, and use an Honeywell thermostat, I think it's the best one. 
    Sorry bvdbos, I think Honeywell valves are wifi. 
    I have three questions:
    1) why do you take Homey and don't use Fibaro HC2?
    2) In which mode Homey and Google Home can work together?
    3) Works Homey good in Italy (for frequences)?  
    1. For me, homey supports more protocols and is therefore more flexible.
    2. I don't have experience with this, maybe someone else?
    3. All homey supported protocols should work in Italy. As far as I know the Z-wave band for all EU is the same. Not sure about 433, I'm not using this.
  • Thank you RuudB. 
    Also for me Homey it's better, so I want to buy it. 
    For Google Home I read in next months they work together
    https://www.athom.com/en/homey/speech/

I know like you about z-wave band in all EU countries. 

Last question: I read some problems on this forum between fibaro products and Homey. Is it normal and all people solve it? 

• Last question: I read some problems on this forum between fibaro products and Homey. Is it normal and all people solve it? 

I have 5 Fibaro roller shutter modules for operating my screens, they work perfectly. With new devices it might take some time after they are added to the homey-app until all parameters work 100%. I am not aware that specific Fibaro devices do not work with homey. If so, maybe someone else can comment.
  • RuudvB said:

Last question: I read some problems on this forum between fibaro products and Homey. Is it normal and all people solve it? 

I have 5 Fibaro roller shutter modules for operating my screens, they work perfectly. With new devices it might take some time after they are added to the homey-app until all parameters work 100%. I am not aware that specific Fibaro devices do not work with homey. If so, maybe someone else can comment.

Please explane me "with new devices it might take some time after they are added to the homey-app until all parameters work 100%"... 

I'm very  decided to order my Homey... 
  • HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you RuudB. 
    Also for me Homey it's better, so I want to buy it. 
    For Google Home I read in next months they work together
    https://www.athom.com/en/homey/speech/

I know like you about z-wave band in all EU countries. 

Hi Marco, welcome to the forum. The Fibaro devices works very well with homey. I have some switches and binary sensors that works realy good. The smoke sensors however do have a problem ATM, because they seems not to send a trigger to homey when they go off.

Please explane me "with new devices it might take some time after they are added to the homey-app until all parameters work 100%"... 

I'm very  decided to order my Homey... 
    Don't know what you already knows about homey, but I'll try to explain a little bit. To connect devices to homey you have to install an app for that device. You'll find the apps in the appstore from athom: apps.athom.com. When you select an app you can see witch devices are supported. These apps are made by Athom AND by developers. You can make your own app if you want. (you have to have the knowledge than how to do this). When a knew device is made by any brand, someone has to make an app for the device so it is supported by homey. It can take some time before someone (or Athom) has add the device to the/an app so it is usable.
  • white_sharkwhite_shark Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok thank you. 
    I see in the app details all compatibilities. 
    What smoke and water sensors can I use? 
    Honeywell thermostat is my favourite and I see is compatible. I think I buy it. European version is only one? 
  • I'm sorry. I find Fibaro roller shutter on Amazon (model n. FGR 222) and on Homey's website I find it supports this shutter with some parameters. What is it? 
    I find also FGRGB-101 (for rgb led), but I don't find compatibility with Homey via Fibaro app.
    FGS-223 is good for light? I see it's a double relay switch. 

For thermostat: what do I need? Thermostat, valves, and...??? I see relè,  ecc. 
  • @white_shark
    the some parameters is/(was?) old information since it didn't have percentage control of the rollershutter, which it does now, just not updated in the readme file.

FGRGB-101/FGRGB-321 is a false (or old) naming of the real name part id (fgrgbwm-401) 

the fgs-223 is not a relay, it is the switch 2 (even though it does use relays), the biggest differences is the potential free and 230v switching contact of the fgs-222 and the not potential free, only 230v input of the fgs-223
    and the fgs-223 has the plus again of having measuring the wattage and kwh of the output, and it's usage of scene activation (single, double (,tripple), hold and release of the (pulse) switch), which the fgs-222 doesn't have that.

for normal light switching they both work good.

thermostat... in which way are you looking for, room control, or just a (normal) thermostat in the living room
    it is all possible. (if you create the appropriate flows for them)
  • Thank you Caseda, all people on this forum are very available. 
    For thermostat I need a control of single room (I have 8 radiators). 

For Fibaro switch for light, what is the best one? I need also one for rgb led strip. 

Where can I buy just Fibaro accessories? Amazon? 
  • Thank you Caseda, all people on this forum are very available. 
    For thermostat I need a control of single room (I have 8 radiators). 

For Fibaro switch for light, what is the best one? I need also one for rgb led strip. 

Where can I buy just Fibaro accessories? Amazon? 
    Amazon.de has been very successful in my hunt for Fibaro modules :) Maybe you can check for local suppliers is Italy?
  • I try... But I can buy all on amazon.it
    I need your help to find just items. 
  • bvbbvb Member
    I have tried the qubino roller shutter, with no success...now I use the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 and they work good. I have included now 8 and 5 more will come.

The cool thing is the logic in Homey. I can do all myself and have set up logic, in combination of Hue Motion Sensors e.g. If i go down in the morning and motion is detected, the shades go up. They close when the sun goes down and the door to the garden (use Sensative Strips) is not open.

Cool is also to controll the devices with a 433 Mhz remote control. To open or close all shades manually. Or swith on my hue lights.
  • Ok bvb thank you. 
    What's 433 mhz remote control? 
    The motion sensor is very cool. Where can I see it? 
    Please explane me also what's sensative strips. 
    In Italy we haven't this product, domotica isn't popular. 
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok bvb thank you. 
    What's 433 mhz remote control? 
    The motion sensor is very cool. Where can I see it? 
    Please explane me also what's sensative strips. 
    In Italy we haven't this product, domotica isn't popular. 
    Hi, 

I think a cheap and much used brand is the 'klik aan klik uit'  i tought produced by Trust. www.klikaanklikuit.nl i am not sure if and under what brand name they sell outside the Netherlands 

I am not a 100% sure but by sensative strips he means magnetic strip https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/producten/beveiliging/almst-2000-deur-raam-contactsensor.html  it can read if and when a door opened 

And i think they also mean these remotes you can use https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/catalogsearch/result/?q=Afstandsbediening+ so you connect this/a remote to homey and you give it a function or even directly connected to the devices (homey only emulate a press on that remote) 
  • And if I use it, when someone open the door... What's happened? 
    I just have an alarm (with cable) for my home. 
  • Can someone link me water and smog sensor to connect to Homey? 
  • But are Fibaro sensors good and work with Homey? 
  • Correct!
  • I read these sensors don't work very well... 
  • I read these sensors don't work very well... 
    Maybe you can give us some links where you did read that?
  • HansieNL said:
    I read these sensors don't work very well... 
    Maybe you can give us some links where you did read that?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2952/fibaro-smoke-sensor-doenst-trigger-my-homey-scene#latest
  • So, the smoke sensor has a bug in the app or in Homey and now Fibaro sensors are not working very well? 
    Then gief links to Fibaro flood sensors not working and Fibaro motion sensors not working. Maybe some links to a Fibaro door/window sensor or some links to Fibaro wall plugs not working. After that u can tell us Fibaro doesn't work well on Homey. Until then: All my Fibaro devices are working very well with Homey except for a tiny bug in the smoke sensors software from the app or Homey. 
  • HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited April 2017
    So, the smoke sensor has a bug in the app or in Homey and now Fibaro sensors are not working very well? 
    Then gief links to Fibaro flood sensors not working and Fibaro motion sensors not working. Maybe some links to a Fibaro door/window sensor or some links to Fibaro wall plugs not working. After that u can tell us Fibaro doesn't work well on Homey. Until then: All my Fibaro devices are working very well with Homey except for a tiny bug in the smoke sensors software from the app or Homey. 
    In my case it's only the fibaro smoke sensor that doesn't work ATM as should be. The trigger card (De rookmelder gaat aan) isn't working. All my other fibaro devices work perfect. Let's hope that the bug with the smoke sensor is fixed soon.
  • Yesterday I bought a Philips Hub on amazon, there was a great discount. Now I use it with Home, I try it.