This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey version 1.2 experimental!

Comments

• My speech problems are resolved now.. It might be a coincedence but I had the power cable out for around 10-15 minutes and when I plugged it back in everything started working again. 

Maybe the servers were doing that were handling the speech because for chrishnash everything started to work aswell during that timeframe but he did not reboot... Just sharing the stuff I see guys.
  • chrisnash said:
    Sorry for the rant but I've tried to stay as positive as possible about this project over the last year or so but I'm really struggling with the erratic development, particularly of late.

Another couple of days with 1.2 and the disappointment grows.
    Not only do i see no improvement in speech, it is often unresponsive completely. This evening speech-input is displaying no entries since this morning despite my attempts when i returned from work.. After i speak the ring spins but records and returns no results. That's from 1.5m. Worse from further.
    Google Play Music signs itself out daily and loses playlists. And until we have Bluetooth support hard to integrate effectively into my system.
    And Alexa skill is useless as i lose all my UK based skills when i change my echos to US so can no longer control my LightwaveRF heating (support for bearing never appeared in the official app).
    And since the update, some of my LightwaveRF switches have become confused in Homey so the won't light keeps turning on/off in flows. I've deleted the flows and removed the devices but still have the same problem when i add them again.

Before 1.2, i had got to a point where i didn't need to interact with Homey that frequently unless i wanted to add new functions or devices, but sadly I'm back to daily tinkering just to keep the house stable : (
    And this is exactly the reason for an EXPERIMENTAL channel. 1.2 is not stable yet, so bugs like this are expected. It is your own personal choice to subscribe to experimental updates. If you can't deal with bugs and an unstable Homey, unsubscribe from the experimental channel and wait for 1.2 to become stable.
  • The range of my 433mhz has increased! 

In the past it couldn't reach more than a meter. But now its turning on lights in the garden. Omg. Happily surprised.
  • As one of the developers for Homewizard app we got an error report related to the experimental firmware:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

at autocomplete.js:1
    at XMLHttpRequest.i.onload (api.js:1)

Homey Firmware Version: 1.2.0-rc.9
    Homewizard: v0.1.2

• quakerix said:
    The range of my 433mhz has increased! 

In the past it couldn't reach more than a meter. But now its turning on lights in the garden. Omg. Happily surprised.
    Same here after the update to 1.2.0 rc9 the 433 mhz range improved a lot.
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited March 2017
    Everything still seems to work fine here. Is there a change log for r8 to r9 so I can test some specific things?
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    JaapPelt said:
    Everything still seems to work fine here. Is there a change log for r8 to r9 so I can test some specific things?

https://github.com/athombv/homey/milestone/5

Everything in this milestone should be fixed ;)

• quakerix said:
    The range of my 433mhz has increased! 

I thought it was just Homeys receiving range that was improved for 433?
  • Again Hue stopped working after the update to latest f/w. PTP doesn't solve it. Restarting the Hue App either. 

I will remove and readd my lights again, and repair involved flows. 

Sigh... 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    @Eternity
    just start "adding a device" and add a hue device (even if you don't have one left) it will ask you to push the button on the bridge, do so so it logs in, and you can close it after that.
    and all is fixed again
  • @caseda

Sh&t... just did the re-add.....

Thanks for this solution. Will same me some time next f/w update :-)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2017
    LIFX seems affected too. The lights don't work in flows. 

A workaround here too, please

SOLVED 
    Restarting the App did the trick! 
  • I upated to RC10. now it keeps staying offline. but I'm at work. so I don't know if the led ring is turning or anything.

• glijieglijie Member
    edited March 2017
    Pfff....with every update there are more and more words I cann't use without that homey er maar wat op los brabbeld <span>:neutral:</span>

anybody mabe knows a replacement for these words "licht, lamp, goedemorgen, weg, slapen, thuis, tv aan, tv uit " without getting ridiculous 
  • Eternity said:
    Again Hue stopped working after the update to latest f/w. PTP doesn't solve it. Restarting the Hue App either. 

I will remove and readd my lights again, and repair involved flows. 

Sigh... 
    i have the same problem.
    my work around is to add a new Heu light homey then asks to press the button on my hue to connect.
    It then answers back that there are no new device but all the others devices are active again so i don't have to repair my flows.
    (sorry for my bad English)
  • bvbbvb Member
    I still can not add any Hue Lights to Homey :-(
  • @Leeuw1960

Thanks!
  • I added Hue for the first time, while on 1.2 and have no problems yet  after 10 days. 
  • flexyflexy Member
    edited March 2017
    I have my Sonos speaker appearing on the "Apparaten" page, but it doesn't show on the "Muziek" page:

• @flexy did you install the Beta version of the Sonos app?
  • i had that also until i ptp homey for 30 minutes,then plugged it in and after homey fully is started i did a reboot en then my sonos (playlists) were available.i am at the rc10 firmware
  • flexyflexy Member
    @TedTolboom......Beta version of Sonos.....I so did NOT install that before *hits head.
    Now I have it installed and Sonos speaker shows on "muziek" page.
    That was very helpful, Thank you Ted!
  • flexy said:
    @TedTolboom......Beta version of Sonos.....I so did NOT install that before *hits head.
    Now I have it installed and Sonos speaker shows on "muziek" page.
    That was very helpful, Thank you Ted!
    Don't hit it too hard... your welcome!
  • Since I updated to 1.20.rc10 homey responses almost on every spoken command with a reply "het spijt me, maar ik begrijp niet wat je bedoeld" and will carry out the command normally. I have this behavior in eg the jokes-apps and several flows concerning my lights. Am I the only one with this?
  • @e.friethoff read the software status update from @emile (first topic on this forum)
  • Yeah thanks, I just saw it too. 
  • rtnartna Member
    Since RC10 I can not scroll in the left pane of the Windows app. Does anyone have the same problem? Now I have to login with a browser and zoom out to see all options and apps.
  • FranqFranq Member
    Let me first say that I am a very happy user of Homey. I like it and a lot of things are working. Thanks for that Athom.

Lately I am experiencing some strange behavior (at least in my opinion). I'm on v1.2 RC 10. If a say something to homey like 'woonkamer aan', (a trigger I put in to switch the lights on in the living room). Homey says to me, I do not understand what you are saying (het spijt me maar ik begrijp niet wat je bedoeld) BUT the lights are going on in the living room. So apparently Homey did understand me. Is this normal behavior?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2017
    @Franq

please read the o so gracefull note in the software update athom posted:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1430/software-status#latest

with addition of this extra note:
    the order does not matter you put the words in the 'When something specific was said' card
    so it has the exact same functionality now as the "something was said" and its contain counterpart, but then in 1 card
  • FranqFranq Member
    @caseda
    D*mm*t I missed that one... Thx.
This discussion has been closed.