This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• CodJerCodJer Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit: double
  • CodJer said:
    Hey, is it possible with one command (e.g. Ok Homey, lights) and they will go on, or if they are on, they will go off? Instead of 2 flows one?
    I can only answer this for Hue light. These have a "switch on or off" action card. So for Hue you can do it in one flow.
  • The same goes for KAKU/COCO switches.
  • I've an old receiver in the living room with an IR sensor. In the most of the time I have to switch this receiver on and off. Sometimes I want to control the volume. This evening I've made some Flow who are doing this. Now I could do volume control on my Smartphone. I want to share this, because I make this to difficult.

On the SmartPhone I wanna use a Slider for the volume control:

I've take some time to develop 4 Flow and use for the Flow 3 variabele:
    Flows:
    Variable:

The trick is When I change the "VolumeVersterker", the following Flow will count the volume step.
    Volume Changed Flow:

Now we know how many step the volume has to set up or down. (VolumeStap positive or negative) So the right Flow will start, Volume Up or Volume Down.  Each flow is a "For...While"-Loop and stops when the VolumeStap counter is zero.
    Volume Up:

Volume Down:

Relax and listen the music on the right volume. When the VolumeStap counter is Zero, the VolumeVersterker en VolumeVersterkerMemory is set to 50 again:

Volume Control for IR remote is created right now! Very difficult and I think you could do this easier!
    I dare you!  :)

• A doorsensor is nice, but you never know if some one is comming in or going out. But when you combine it with a motion sensor, you can guess what's happening with these flows. It works best if all persons leave, or come in at the same time.

The idea is simple: 
    1. If there first was movement and then the door is opened and then there is no movement -> persons left the house
    2. If there first was no movement and then the door is opened and then there is movement -> persons entered the house

The motion sensor is placed in the living room, pointed at the door that goes to the hallway. So it always detects motion when some one is walking from halway to living room, or from living room to halway. The door sensor is placed on the front door (from outside to hallway).

Flow 1:
    Start a timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" for 5 minutes, when motion is detected (ignore the '..en..' part).

Flow 2 (Door out -> in part 1):
    Door opens, and timer is NOT running, so door is opend from the OUTside. This flow only starts the timer "voordeur open ingaand" for 5 minutes.

Flow 3 (Door out -> in part 2):
    If timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" now starts (becouse of flow nr 1), and timer "voordeur open ingaand" is still running, Homey knows that someone has come inside.

Flow 4 (Door in -> out part 1):
    If the frontdoor is opened, and the timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" is already running, it starts the timer "voordeur open uitgaand" for 5 minutes.

Flow 5 (Door in -> out part 1):
    When that timer (motion woonkamer ivm voordeur) stops, and the timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" isn't running anymore, Homey knows that someone had gone outside.

• A doorsensor is nice, but you never know if some one is comming in or going out. But when you combine it with a motion sensor, you can guess what's happening with these flows. It works best if all persons leave, or come in at the same time.

The idea is simple: 
    1. If there first was movement and then the door is opened and then there is no movement -> persons left the house
    2. If there first was no movement and then the door is opened and then there is movement -> persons entered the house

The motion sensor is placed in the living room, pointed at the door that goes to the hallway. So it always detects motion when some one is walking from halway to living room, or from living room to halway. The door sensor is placed on the front door (from outside to hallway).

Flow 1:
    Start a timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" for 5 minutes, when motion is detected (ignore the '..en..' part).

Flow 2 (Door out -> in part 1):
    Door opens, and timer is NOT running, so door is opend from the OUTside. This flow only starts the timer "voordeur open ingaand" for 5 minutes.

Flow 3 (Door out -> in part 2):
    If timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" now starts (becouse of flow nr 1), and timer "voordeur open ingaand" is still running, Homey knows that someone has come inside.

Flow 4 (Door in -> out part 1):
    If the frontdoor is opened, and the timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" is already running, it starts the timer "voordeur open uitgaand" for 5 minutes.

Flow 5 (Door in -> out part 1):
    When that timer (motion woonkamer ivm voordeur) stops, and the timer "motion woonkamer ivm voordeur" isn't running anymore, Homey knows that someone had gone outside.

Good Idea but what happens if you are living with more than one person?
  • @Jschuetz Well, then there are situations that it doesn't work. For example if one person leaves the house, and another person keeps dancing in front of the motion sensor. Or if some one is for example 10 minutes in the hallway, out of sight of the motion sensor and then leaves the house.

But still, with these flows I know it more precicely than without these flows. ;)
  • I'm trying to create a basic lights on coming home flow with the fibaro motion sensor. The sensor is pointed at the frontdoor / hall. So what I basicly trying to get done is when somebody comes home, the sensor knows with the lux meter if it's dark or allmost dark. If so, and motion is detected, with let's say 1 hour of inactivity in front, it should trigger a hue scene. But I don't get it done. I can't figure out how to set the lux entry and the inactivity + motion for just one sensor. Is there anybody who knows how this can be done?

• WHEN motion is detected-------AND lux is less then 100 (Lux is a tag in the tags section of ur flows)-----THEN activate a Hue scene. Don't get what u want with the inactivity. If u come home and the misses comes home 20 minutes later she has to be left in the dark? Maybe explain that part?
  • I can't get the lux setting working. What I do is;

When
    - The motion alarm turned on
    - The Luminance changed

And
    - Logic Lux Tag = less then 200

Then
    - Set a hue scene.

But it keeps saying "only one trigger per flow is allowed"

• @jimmy_zeropm Remove the luminance trigger and get the luminance value for the logic card from the 'tag menu'. 

• When
    - The motion alarm turned on

And
    - Logic Lux Tag = less then 200

Then
    - Set a hue scene.

This is correct. Only 1 trigger per flow.
  • It worked :-D. Thanks!

• Hi, I'm wondering if it is also possible to control the volume of my Sonos with a light switch? I'm able to set it to a fix volume but I want each time I push on the volume goes up with x%. and if I push off volume goes down. 
  • @mwolfs yes it is possible.

The Sonos action card to adjust volume allows for global tags to be added to the slider:

So if you would create a Better logic numerical value Sonos_volume with initial value of 0

and you could create the following flows:
    1. When push ON AND Sonos_volume < 1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume+0.1 
    2. When push OFF AND Sonos_volume > 0.1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume-0.1
    3. When value Sonos_volume changed  THEN Set Volume with Sonos_volume tag added

It should work...
  • @mwolfs yes it is possible.

The Sonos action card to adjust volume allows for global tags to be added to the slider:

So if you would create a Better logic numerical value Sonos_volume with initial value of 0

and you could create the following flows:
    1. When push ON AND Sonos_volume < 1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume+0.1 
    2. When push OFF AND Sonos_volume > 0.1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume-0.1
    3. When value Sonos_volume changed  THEN Set Volume with Sonos_volume tag added

It should work...
    Maybe a stupid question but where do I find this Sonos action card? I don't see it :-( I have installed Sonos app v2.03 and I'm on Homey Firmware Versie: 1.1.9

Is this only available in beta version?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited March 2017
    mwolfs said:
    Maybe a stupid question but where do I find this Sonos action card? I don't see it :-( I have installed Sonos app v2.03 and I'm on Homey Firmware Versie: 1.1.9

It's the one you show.... 
    Have you defined the better logic variable?

In the flow view, open tags, search for the Better logic variable and pull this Better logic variable tag towards the small square with the slider on the action card you showed... 

;) also learned this trick a few weeks ago...
  • mwolfs said:

In the flow view, open tags, search for the Better logic variable and pull this Better logic variable tag towards the small square with the slider on the action card you showed... 

Yes... Got it working now 

Thanks a lot!!!
  • AppieAppie Member
    mwolfs said:

Thanks very much! Now I'm able to do the missing part of my old TV remote project! I use my remote for both increasing/decreasing dimming my lights and my Sonos. Love it!
  • jeffreytigchjeffreytigch Member
    edited March 2017
    I have something that might inspire someone, or help with further simplifying their homes (on a budget). I use KaKu/CoCo wireless switches and Hue lights, but sometimes I want more light than the normal setting. To make that possible without getting an app or changing the switches, I do the following:

- I had a flow that if the ON button is pressed, the light will turn on with a brightness of 65%. I added an hourglass called 'switch_slaapkamer', which will run for 3 seconds. Also added a condition so it won't trigger if the hourglass is running (because of the next step).

- Now I make a new flow, which will trigger if the ON button is pressed AND the hourglass is running. The light will then turn on with a brightness of 100%. 

- To make it idiotproof, I have edited the OFF flow to cancel the hourglass for that room.

If you press with small pauses, it will work flawlessly. Did not test it when you keep pressing. (edit: it does not work) You can even make it more advanced, by having a brightness of 60% on the first press, and with every next press within 3 seconds, it will add the brightness with 10%. 
  • @jeffreytigch

Nice idea, thanks!

• Receive a notification when temperature is greater then 20 degrees with a maximun of one per day. You can also make one when its starts to freeze. Credits to blackice

You need to do a testrun to create the tag of testnotification so you can use it in the and condition after that place a logic in the and condition and put lastnotification tag and the current date tag

• Always charged powerbank and emergency lantern  :) 

Get the following : BlitzWolf® BW-LT5 Pro IP68 Waterproof LED Panasonic 3350mAh Powerbank Emergency Camping Lantern
    Use a cheap neo wall plug, and place it in your utility closet (meterkast).

Make a flow that runs every X days that puts the wall plug ON, add the wall plug again that puts the wall plug OFF with a delay of X minuts.

This way you have a powerbank that is "almost" always charged and you get a emergency lantern with it.

• Let you're wife receive a notification when the laundry is ready.

Now she can tell me to clean up the laundry!
  • My daily PTP routine now fully automated and a little audio warning before Homey disconnects itself...:

• backslash said:
    Yellow said:
    4 flows related to pausing my Sonos when I speak to Homey. (Homey is in the same room next to my main Sonos).
    I trigger the "sonos speelt" (Sonos is playing) when I start Sonos with Homey.

Too bad there isn't a status check possible for Sonos. But I'm very happy with the Sonos app!
    Edit: the second check on "sonos speelt is true" is not necessary.

sorry but can't get it delete
    @backslash I had the same issue with my sonos and Homey close to each other. However I solved this (maybe less sophisticated, but with less flows. 

Trigger : Homey starts listening
    Conditions: none
    Action 1: Set Sonos to pause
    Action 2: Set Sonos to play (after 5 seconds)

I choose 5 seconds delay as mostly my commands are short. 

In this way no need for better logic, only standard available tools

• Hedzer said:
    backslash said:
    Yellow said:
    4 flows related to pausing my Sonos when I speak to Homey. (Homey is in the same room next to my main Sonos).
    I trigger the "sonos speelt" (Sonos is playing) when I start Sonos with Homey.

Too bad there isn't a status check possible for Sonos. But I'm very happy with the Sonos app!
    Edit: the second check on "sonos speelt is true" is not necessary.

sorry but can't get it delete
    @backslash I had the same issue with my sonos and Homey close to each other. However I solved this (maybe less sophisticated, but with less flows. 

Will this not play music when it was not playing before? 
    If so, it can be fixed with an else card I suppose.

Still, quite genius. I'm going to change my mute-flow to this. Simple and effective!
  • backslashbackslash Member
    edited March 2017
    i hoped to use a tag in an else card that Sonos is playing but the tag is brown and not able to use this tag unless its green or bleu !?

and if you start Sonos with the Sonos app on laptop or phone then the tag stays on false or threu, untill you use the Homey app :-( only then the tags changes.

why is the tag not usible ?
  • AppieAppie Member

Will this not play music when it was not playing before? 
    If so, it can be fixed with an else card I suppose.

Still, quite genius. I'm going to change my mute-flow to this. Simple and effective!
    And what if you ask Homey to stop your music? Then this flow will play your music again after 5 seconds! So I believe you still need some Better Logic Boolean variable that tells homey that if you ask Homey to stop de music, the Boolean (DONTRESUME) should be true and if this boolean is false, you can play the music again. I've experimented with some Booleans, but I experience some same challenges with getting boolean not changed, Homey stops listening, etc. It's a hard one, maybe something that would be nice as a feature in the Sonos app? In the settings: which Speakers should go to pause when the Speakers are playing and Homey is listening?
  • Just use "mute" and " un-mute".