This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• swttt said:
    @powermarcel10 Currently only in the alpha release tho!

Is there a way to get it? :$
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method
  • swttt said:
    @powermarcel10 Currently only in the alpha release tho!

Is there a way to get it? :$
    https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash/tree/alpha
  • koenfehrmannkoenfehrmann Member
    edited March 2017
    Guys, I can't get it to work. Installed the bearer token but blank space at setting and the dash it self. I mean on OS.

To get the dashboard working on iOS (get past the login screen without cookies set), you will have to visit your cloud url first. (https://YOURCLOUDID.homey.athom.com).

What is mycloudid?
  • I installed the latest version from GitHub. It works perfectly on laptop but on my tablet I get following error: (object Object) and then it goes back to login screen. Is this a known bug in the latest beta version?
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited March 2017
    Guys, I can't get it to work. Installed the bearer token but blank space at setting and the dash it self. I mean on OS.

To get the dashboard working on iOS (get past the login screen without cookies set), you will have to visit your cloud url first. (https://YOURCLOUDID.homey.athom.com).

What is mycloudid?
    You can find your cloudid at the top of the settings - system page. (Athom Cloud ID)
  • swtttswttt Member
    And make sure your bearer token is correct ;)
  • HansieNL said:

What is mycloudid?
    You can find your cloudid at the top of the settings - system page. (Athom Cloud ID)
    That worked, how do I get a full screen dashboard on Chrome? Can you zoom or something? Or make a shortcut on my iPad?

And when I load the settings in the dash the next time the dash won't load. I found out that clearing my browser history was the solution. Is that normal?
  • @swttt
    Can you tell us when the next update is and what to expect :)

• That worked, how do I get a full screen dashboard on Chrome? Can you zoom or something? Or make a shortcut on my iPad?

And when I load the settings in the dash the next time the dash won't load. I found out that clearing my browser history was the solution. Is that normal?
    Fullscreen on iPad only works via Safari. You can open the page in Safari and add a shortcut to it via the menu. When you open it that way it is full screen.

Dunno about the second question, it is not normal anyway, mine loads without any problems. I never had to clear the browser history, perhaps it opens a wrong link or something via autofill? Would also assume that clearing cache would be a more relevant thing when a page does not open as it should.  
  • DenWDenW Member
    Hi,

I haven't updated HomeyDash for a couple of versions, but now I have some pages I can't seem to delete. Hitting the Page Delete button just does nothing.. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    DenW
  • @swttt any progress or updates you could share with us about the upcoming update of the HomeyDash app?
  • swtttswttt Member
    @DenW
    What version are you using? And what name does the page has?

@Jesper
    Really busy with work related stuff last weeks, did some minor bug fixes localy but hope to push the whole Alpha branche to Stable soon.
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited April 2017
    @swttt
    Never mind.. I de-installed and re-installed HomeyDash.. now I have no pages.. after making and deleting one.. :)
    Thanks! 
    DenW
  • swtttswttt Member
    @DenW
    I think that was because of the config changes in 0.0.4 to 0.0.5 .
    You should remove the app and it's settings and start all over again, sorry :(

• DenWDenW Member
    @swttt
    No problem at all.. thanks for your hard work! Should have thought of removing the app sooner.. :)

• @swttt I saw that there already is a version 0.0.19 on github. Is there any change that this version could be send to the Homey app store. Would love to try this version but don't know how to instal it from github.
  • Here you see how to install APPs from github.

• @glijie thanks. This is a very helpful tutorial. Now running Homeydash v0.0.19 and it has improved a lot :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Jesper
    Glad you got the alpha working tho. As you will notice it aint really stable at the moment :)
    Most of the current issues are cross browser issues, i am trying to find a way to make better in a future release before pushing current alpha to stable..

I totaly lack the time lately to work allot on homeydash, but do promise to come up with a nice solution soon :smile:
  • Just upgraded to the latest git-version also, was a while since I played with it.
    Finally got my Foscam streams working also! w00t!  B)
  • PekePeke Member
    It would be nice if you can also add enelogic monitoring widget and a widget for solar panels.
  • @swttt Great work! Have you thought of integrating Homey Music too? Would be awesome if we could just start our playlists with a single touch :).
  • EvertorN said:
    @swttt Great work! Have you thought of integrating Homey Music too? Would be awesome if we could just start our playlists with a single touch :).
    I guess you could do that by making a virtual device or better logic button, that starts a flow (that starts your playlist).
  • marcelwolfmarcelwolf Member
    edited April 2017
    @swttt Do you have a timeline? When can we expect a new update?
  • swtttswttt Member
    @marcelwolf
    No, its hard to say. But i can tell you what i am working on :smile:
    To fix the cross browser issues i was having on the current Alpha version, i decided to create a desktop app to edit and setup homeydash. It was way too much work to get the drag n drop, scroll etc. to work on android and ios without issues. This will fix that. In the mean time i am also looking at creating a semi-native android and ios app.

The desktop app isn't taking much time (at least less then i expected), but the native apps will be. So after the next update the browser view will still be there, but you can only setup homeydash using a desktop/laptop.

The native apps is something i never did before, i will need to go trough some appstore aprovals etc. Plus its the first time i  create the app using phonegap (because i need to do everything in html, css and javascript :smile: )

The desktop version will be based on vue-js instead of angular. Vue is easier to read and understand, for bigger projects it's well structured as well. This means that in the future, different components might excist out of different vue files, thats easier to expand for someone that has html and javascript knowledge then angular.
  • I removed the app from Homey and reinstalled it.

After that, when I click GO TO HOMEY DASH, the page turns white...

Somebody?

• swtttswttt Member
    @obeliks
    i do suggest you look on installing the current alpha from github tho..

on the current version you are running, make sure you have your bearer token correct!
  • Hi All,

I have a LogiCirlce and i'd like to add that video stream to de dashboard. Could anyone tell me how to get the URL?
  • swtttswttt Member
    Beta got aproved in the appstore! :smile: People who would like to try, do remember all your settings get purged when upgrading!