This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP Z-Wave] Danfoss LC12/LC13 Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• LuukvD said:
    When is it gonna work, and why is it so hard to make it work?
    Not sure if you know this, but they do work normally when controlling them with homey. The "only" problem is that it can't be changed manually, on the knob itself.
    I am using 6 of them at the moment with homey and this issue is inconvenient but not a showstopper for me.
  • LuukvD said:
    Not sure if you know this, but they do work normally when controlling them with homey. The "only" problem is that it can't be changed manually, on the knob itself.
    I am using 6 of them at the moment with homey and this issue is inconvenient but not a showstopper for me.
    Not in my situation.. it works for a couple of days.. with E5, but after some time it won't respond anymore. 

Tested tonight.. the spin wheel keeps spinning when testing a flow. I manually cancelled the test after 45 mins.
  • msmits said:
    LuukvD said:
    Not in my situation.. it works for a couple of days.. with E5, but after some time it won't respond anymore. 

Tested tonight.. the spin wheel keeps spinning when testing a flow. I manually cancelled the test after 45 mins.
    Hmm, okay. And can you change the temperature using the device setting?
  • No not able to change the temp with the device settings.. 

Now i need to re-pair the device and it works for a couple of days.
  • Strange because this works fine for me. Have you done any specific things with the settings or something? As far as I know I am using the defaults.
    Is it helpful if I post a screenshot of my settings?
  • I re-paired the LC-13 twice (yesterday and today); still E5... Firmware 1.1.2
  • OGSOGS Member
    For me also still E5. 
    I added extra z-wave node nearby as Homey was pretty far away but that didn't solve anything
  • I have the same problme - temp setting no longer changing with or without Homey. I keep E5.
    It only works when I reset the knob.
    I was considering adding another zwave device as well nearby, but based on #OGS that seems to not help either.

For now the LC-13 is useless.
  • I'm getting really annoyed by the Homey. My LC-13's don't work, some of my hardware isn't supported, somethimes my lights don't go on and off.. I'm starting to think it's a misbuy. 
  • Why is it so hard to make it work? It worked fine with my VERA (until my VERA completely crashed). 

Oh, and camera's are still not supported. 
  • TallguyTallguy Member
    edited February 2017
    Hmm, Danfoss app is in a crashed state here. Anyone else has the same issue? v1.1.1 of the app with Danfoss LC-13.
  • CodeKingCodeKing Member
    edited February 2017
    Tallguy said:
    Hmm, Danfoss app is in a crashed state here. Anyone else has the same issue?
    Unfortunately, I've got the same issue after updating the driver app:
    Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-log'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object. (/app.js:3:13)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • That's a bug that's already reported and fixed in 1.1.2.
    https://github.com/athombv/com.danfoss/issues/10
  • same issue here. 
  • blackice said:
    same issue here. 
    If you manually install 1.1.2 from the Appstore the issue is fixed
  • blackiceblackice Member
    edited February 2017
    yes i checked homey app and 1.1.2 was already installed and is now working
  • blackice said:
    same issue here. 
    If you manually install 1.1.2 from the Appstore the issue is fixed
    thx, that worked!
  • Yep, it works again!  :)
  • Update works better. Really necessary. Thanks for updating!
  • I don't get it. I linked this LC-13 to my Homey. It recognizes the Danfoss. So far so good. After a while I get the E5. This is no surprise since I've read that in this topic.

What I don't get is that I created a flow, telling the LC-13 that I want it a 21degrees celcius at 06:30h. However...checking the radiator at 07:00h, it was still cold!

The E5 shouldn't interfere right? So...why isn't the radiator warm at 07:00h?

• Tallguy said:

I don't get it. I linked this LC-13 to my Homey. It recognizes the Danfoss. So far so good. After a while I get the E5. This is no surprise since I've read that in this topic.

What I don't get is that I created a flow, telling the LC-13 that I want it a 21degrees celcius at 06:30h. However...checking the radiator at 07:00h, it was still cold!

The E5 shouldn't interfere right? So...why isn't the radiator warm at 07:00h?

For me, the thermostats are working even with the E5 error. I am using the excellent Heating Schedule app by @CodeKing which is working fine. Haven't tried it in flows because that's too much work for me.
    To view (non)progress on the E5 error look here:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1187#issuecomment-269778089

• Still nothing...my LC-13 is just sitting there, doing nothing. I would be grateful if this combination is going to work. For now...waste of money on the LC-13 :(
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I've got 3 LC-13 "working" the way @rob_houweling describes. But I need an additional thermostat for another room that should become smart and I am afraid to buy another LC-13 before it's not fixed. Can someone give me a suggestion for another brand, that works fine with Homey and is about the same price of the LC-13? I can find a lot apps in the store but you can't be sure that they are working as we see in this thread  :D
  • OGSOGS Member
    Finally the E5 is gone since the install of 1.2. 
    Hope it stays that way :#
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm looking to replace my thermostats for Danfoss but can anyone confirm the issue with the E5 error is resolved?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2017
    @count_b ; Nope still trouble en quick battery drain.
  • 1.2 ? 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    https://firmware.athom.com/

1.2. is only on experimental atm. 

But I can confirm that the E5 seems to be gone.
  • Great! How is battery life? If this is Allright, I'm considering to buy one of these.. Or are there better and cheaper alternatives now that are working better with Homey..