This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey version 1.2 experimental!

Comments

• I have Sonos (7.2) and Sonos Homey app (beta) installed. It always returns "no music found". When I add youtube the error message "unkown_error" appears (yes its "unkown_error" and not "unknown_error").
    So for me 1.2 music does not work.
  • I agree,  Music is looking real nice. But voice is still not how it should be. I don't see any improvement there.
    One of the best selling points, voice control, is still less then usable.

• voice over here much better. I don't have to speak as loud as before.
    Then for me Music is useless when you Use Spotify and  Bose soundtouch 300

• fiekfiek Member
    edited March 2017
    433 range is OK here. I have sockets on the attic that work OK. I had hope that the z wave range would be better. I have 3 neo plugs on the ground floor and three on the first floor. The ones on the first floor don't work and two of three on the ground floor work. The third one is 6 metres from homey in open space and that one doesn't work. I find the z-wave range very disappointing.
  • bvbbvb Member
    I can not add a Hue Light controlled by Homey with v1.2, I select the Hue Bridge and then the wheel does not stop...If I press the button next, then the window is closed.... any ideas? I was able to add the Motion Sensor but not able to add my lights...
  • @Schagalaaah install the new YouTube app from github.com or wait for the update in the app store 
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    edited March 2017
    Doorbell Select Plus from Action can be installed ok, but in a flow nothing happens when button pushed. Installed Alecto app. That worked. But 433 mhz range is very bad.
  • One thing I did notice with 1.2 (rc 8, I just updated to 9), is that the range of voice recognition appears to have improved quite a bit. At close range (<2m), the voice recognition quality hasn't changed a lot, but now I get the same recognition results at a much larger range (~5m).
  • No improvement for me at all with 433 - in fact it's worse! Receiving range is still only 2-3m LOS and it's mixed up some of my lights since 1.2.
    When the PIR outside my front door is triggered, my office lamp turns on! 
  • For a half an hour the 433 range was good..... now suddenly not anymore.....

The Standard words homey uses is getting pretty anoying.... many of my own words are recognized now ....
    Like "staande" is now suddenly "aan"

It should by possible to disable all words homey uses
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited March 2017
    If I say "Weltrusten" then homey's respond is " Als je dit via de Homey app op je telefoon zegt kan ik jou status updaten"

Also for one flow where I want to turn on the lights in the livingroom then it say's it can't find any sockets and then the lights goes ON? Looks like there is somewhere a hidden old deleted sockets I Used in the past that somehow is recognized again?

Weird:-/
  • Can we get any comment from Athom about the fact that they announced speech and 433 being greatly improved and us not seeing it? Is this still planned in 1.20? Is it dropped? 
  • speech improved bigtime here. with  433 i had never issues so cann't tell if  it is improved or not.
  • To keep it clear... those who say speech is improved, are you using English or Dutch? And those who say speech isn't improved (or even got worse), are you using English or Dutch?

My Homey is on English, and as I said, at close range recognition is about the same, but at larger range I definitely see improvements.
  • I'm on English but i still have to repeat myself a few times. And i have to be close. I get no recognition from more than a couple of meters. I have am echo dot next to it and usually resort to that. Will keep testing though. 
  • Speak and 433 big improvement here... 
  • Bumblez said:
    To keep it clear... those who say speech is improved, are you using English or Dutch? And those who say speech isn't improved (or even got worse), are you using English or Dutch?

My Homey is on English, and as I said, at close range recognition is about the same, but at larger range I definitely see improvements.
    dutch
  • mitchmitch Member
    chrisnash said:
    I'm on English but i still have to repeat myself a few times. And i have to be close. I get no recognition from more than a couple of meters. I have am echo dot next to it and usually resort to that. Will keep testing though. 
    Same here. No improvement on speech recognition (English) and I also have to be very close, within 1-2 meters. 
  • Tried Dutch and English with a recorded set of commands on 1.9 and 2.0 rc. I believe that is the only way to seriously test speech. All the text consists of the build in commands (I love you, what is the time, what is the date etc). These sounds are played by a good quality system at 1 meter and 5 meter.
    I am getting simply the same results with both builds. Perhaps the only difference is that 2.0rc is more consistent. It also seems a bit slower.

-----------------------

433 range is tested by moving the  devices in a 45 meter hallway (stone floor and stone walls, so little signal is absorbed).  The KaKu doorbell signal is received reliably up to 8 meters, the KaKu light bulb received signals reliably up to 20 meters.  The Homey is turned 90 degrees between tests.
    I am getting simply no difference between both builds. 

All in all can only conclude that the claims of Athom that speech and 433 are (greatly) improved are simply not measurable on my Homey. I also believe that these tests are repeatable with the same results by people who believe it is indeed better. 

As 'RC' indicates that all features are included and that if no errors are found the build will be released as stable I feel it is no more than fair to doubt Athoms claims.  I think it is time to accept that the hardware contains limitations that are not solvable by new software. We have gone through over 80 builds and it's just not there. 

• oliveolive Member
    mitch said:
    chrisnash said:
    I'm on English but i still have to repeat myself a few times. And i have to be close. I get no recognition from more than a couple of meters. I have am echo dot next to it and usually resort to that. Will keep testing though. 
    Same here. No improvement on speech recognition (English) and I also have to be very close, within 1-2 meters. 
    Same here, no improvement (english)!!!
  • @Mathijs
    8 meters for the doorbell where i tested it for about 13 meters and working( with a wall between) ....then again for those where it didn't work for a distance from about 1,5 meters the 8 meters will be a huge improvement!!! 
    For those where it did work there will be no improvements at all.

There is a topic where the 433mhz worked okay till they isolated the boel. for them and neighbours it is isn't working that great anymore :/  

Me as also homewizard user have spots where 433mhz works better than the homewizard and i'm having spots on the attic where Homewizard as Homey is working better, It really depends on the spot where I place mine sensors.

In the forums  that i used to follow  for the homewizard shows that homewizard has the same issues with 433MHZ and because of that some did a Antenne Mod. to get a bigger range.

Great test tough,  but it is a fact that there are where it works okay and that there are where it doesn't work as supposed and that i find strange.

For me a test is only reliable if I can compare it with other systems which use the same protocols and same surroundings.

• glijie said:
    @Mathijs
    There is a topic where the 433mhz worked okay till they isolated the boel. for them and neighbours it is isn't working that great anymore :/  

That why I tested in exactly the same location under exactly the same condition. I did not test if the range was good or bad but if the claims from Athom are justified. I claim they are not.

I do agree that range depends highly on conditions. That's logical, that's physics. Athom can't change that.
  • undergroundunderground Member
    edited March 2017
    Mathijs said:

As 'RC' indicates that all features are included and that if no errors are found the build will be released as stable I feel it is no more than fair to doubt Athoms claims.  I think it is time to accept that the hardware contains limitations that are not solvable by new software. We have gone through over 80 builds and it's just not there. 

Too bad, another illusion gone down the drain.
    My hope was that the concept of Athom would become the concept of the dreambox (open source setup box).
    Where you have excelent hardware and that the code is open source and people can create their own images.
    This concept has done great for dream media and would do great for Athom. It is time that Athom realizes it cannot deliver on the software and let the community do this/help. Yes, you will get different images (like dreambox has), but they will compete and push each other.

But if you say that (some) hardware is also no good... I hope they change the hardware to create another revision to overcome this (again, same as dream media did).

So, in other words:
    Please Athom, know your limitations and make your code open source and let others build from there. Focus on selling hardware and improve that.
    But who am I kidding ;-)
  • Athom can't make their source, open-source even if they wanted to.

There are a lot of things now in the core that are under NDA or other kind of protection layer (licensing)
  • Homey FM 1.2.0-rc.9
    Most of the time homey doesn't hear me distance makes no different a reboot of Homey solves the problem for a while.
    When Homey speaks the most of the time it stutters and is thinking a long while.
    The 433mhz range i didend notice any difference.
    For me this version is even worse than the stable version
  • glijie said:
    If I say "Weltrusten" then homey's respond is " Als je dit via de Homey app op je telefoon zegt kan ik jou status updaten"

Also for one flow where I want to turn on the lights in the livingroom then it say's it can't find any sockets and then the lights goes ON? Looks like there is somewhere a hidden old deleted sockets I Used in the past that somehow is recognized again?

Same here ... and almost constant server errors, when i try to restart the ring turns red, after a few restarts, i will work again for a few hours .... and we start over again ...  (running Homey FM 1.2.0-rc.9) ...
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited March 2017
    glijie said:

Same here ... and almost constant server errors, when i try to restart the ring turns red, after a few restarts, i will work again for a few hours .... and we start over again ...  (running Homey FM 1.2.0-rc.9) ...
    Changed some keywords and renamed some sockets so they don't have a simular name as the zones names.

No problems anymore since.

Server errors I don't have... The red-ring i once had was because i made a mistake in a flow and the flow was in a continues circle which made my homey go ballistic.
  • Homey stopped listening to me.. It was working well for a few days even on 1.2 RC9. But now if I say: "Lampen uit" the ring spins around and just stops... If I look at the speech-input page he doesn't even show me what I was saying. If I type the sentence on that page it works perfectly.

To be clear, this was working fine until like an half hour/hour ago....

Rebooted several times, had the power plug out and in..
  • Sorry for the rant but I've tried to stay as positive as possible about this project over the last year or so but I'm really struggling with the erratic development, particularly of late.

Another couple of days with 1.2 and the disappointment grows.
    Not only do i see no improvement in speech, it is often unresponsive completely. This evening speech-input is displaying no entries since this morning despite my attempts when i returned from work.. After i speak the ring spins but records and returns no results. That's from 1.5m. Worse from further.
    Google Play Music signs itself out daily and loses playlists. And until we have Bluetooth support hard to integrate effectively into my system.
    And Alexa skill is useless as i lose all my UK based skills when i change my echos to US so can no longer control my LightwaveRF heating (support for bearing never appeared in the official app).
    And since the update, some of my LightwaveRF switches have become confused in Homey so the won't light keeps turning on/off in flows. I've deleted the flows and removed the devices but still have the same problem when i add them again.

Before 1.2, i had got to a point where i didn't need to interact with Homey that frequently unless i wanted to add new functions or devices, but sadly I'm back to daily tinkering just to keep the house stable : (
  • NPetersNPeters Member
    edited March 2017
    The spotify (v1.0.5) app crashed here (on Homey v 1.2 rc 8), a restart of the app fixed this.
    Stack trace:
    No stack trace available
    Exit code: null
    Exit signal: SIGSEGV

Also when clicking update on plugins at the bottom of the list, the popup for permissions isn't vertically centered so it seems nothing happens because it's outside the viewport. Accidentally discovered this when I scrolled to top.

I'm about to test Homey v 1.2.0 rc 9 in a second, updating now.
This discussion has been closed.