This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• Anyone willing to test the new v0.3.0 via Github?
  • I have already installed v0.30 from Github. no errors found
  • Is it maybe possible to add the option to use 'Current conditioning Phrases' in flows?

See: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=resources/phrase-glossary&MR=1
    Section 'Current conditioning Phrases', would be great to use this in the 'als' en in 'en' options in the flow.

If this is possible you can use them in flows when it dark outside (because of rain/mist etc) to turn on or off lights or other devices, something like this
    if 'partly cloudy' and/or mist then turn on outside lights

• B3rt said:
    Is it maybe possible to add the option to use 'Current conditioning Phrases' in flows?

See: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=resources/phrase-glossary&MR=1
    Section 'Current conditioning Phrases', would be great to use this in the 'als' en in 'en' options in the flow.

If this is possible you can use them in flows when it dark outside (because of rain/mist etc) to turn on or off lights or other devices, something like this
    if 'partly cloudy' and/or mist then turn on outside lights
    I'm working on implementing global tags. That should do the trick.
  • Pakacom said:
    I have already installed v0.30 from Github. no errors found
    Anyone else willing to test v0.3.0 from Github here:
    https://github.com/Inversion-NL/nl.inversion.wunderground/releases/tag/v0.3.0

Please don't use the master branch as that already contains new, untested, features like global tags!
  • Pakacom said:
    I have already installed v0.30 from Github. no errors found
    Anyone else willing to test v0.3.0 from Github here:
    https://github.com/Inversion-NL/nl.inversion.wunderground/releases/tag/v0.3.0

Please don't use the master branch as that already contains new, untested, features like global tags!
    works great....no issues found here  :) 
  • Indeed :)  Much better then the previous app, no crashes since installing 0.3.0 <3
  • Great, I haven't noticed any crashes, other than the library I'm using sometimes crashes :| , so I'll update to this version in the coming days.
  • Version 1.0.0 is pending approval  B)
    This version has support for global tokens.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited February 2017
    Approved!

* Version 1.0.0
      * First stable release
      * Support for global tokens
    * Version 0.3.0
      * Abbreviations in speech will be converted to full text (Thanks to Erik van Dongen for the source code!)
      * Start using Sentry for debugging
      * More readable error output to error trigger card
      * Send error to notification center
      * Add option in app settings to disable error notifications
      * Add logging to Sentry
      * Fixed bug where units wasn't set to automatic by default
      * Fixed bug where the 'use Homey's location' checkbox wasn't saved
  • Great ! Thanks for the global tokens support.

I'm noticing this when taking a closer look at insights.

The temperature readings are just 0°C sometimes.
    If I would use this reading to trigger some flows, that would create unpredictable things.
    Anyone knows if this is a 'homey-thing' or a weatherunderground-thing?
    What might be causing this ?
  • Great ! Thanks for the global tokens support. 

I'm noticing this when taking a closer look at insights.

The temperature readings are just 0°C sometimes.
    If I would use this reading to trigger some flows, that would create unpredictable things.
    Anyone knows if this is a 'homey-thing' or a weatherunderground-thing?
    What might be causing this ?
    I didn't notice it before but it looks like it's something of the last couple of weeks.
    Can you check if that's also the case on your graphs?
  • This is what november 2016 looks like

I checked at random some months before this, and they were all okay.
  • I have a problem with the WU app since the last update. I get tonns of error messages constantly:

• ZperX said:
    I have a problem with the WU app since the last update. I get tonns of error messages constantly:

That's a new function in latest version.
    You can disable this in settings.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited February 2017
    This is what november 2016 looks like

I checked at random some months before this, and they were all okay.
    If you install the Homey logger app you can see what the app received from Weather Underground

https://apps.athom.com/app/gov.nsa.logger
  • I have a problem with WU:
    the 'use Homey's location' checkbox is not saved. I want to use a station by ID. I do a test and then save. When I open the settings again, the 'use Homey's location'  checkbox is checked again.
  • stimien said:
    I have a problem with WU:
    the 'use Homey's location' checkbox is not saved. I want to use a station by ID. I do a test and then save. When I open the settings again, the 'use Homey's location'  checkbox is checked again.
    I have the same problem. I filled in a weather station ID (pws:IUTRECHT118) and pressed 'TEST', the result comes from an other weather station (De Bilt, Utrecht). When I then press 'SAVE', and reopen the settings, the 'use Homey location' checkbox is on again.
  • Can you please add flow cards for wind directions.
    I'm controlling the curtains of my cowshed, and i want to close the curtains on the wind side.

• stimien said:
    stimien said:
    I have the same problem. I filled in a weather station ID (pws:IUTRECHT118) and pressed 'TEST', the result comes from an other weather station (De Bilt, Utrecht). When I then press 'SAVE', and reopen the settings, the 'use Homey location' checkbox is on again.
    When I got time again I'll look into this.
    Someone already created an issue for this on my github page.
  • Nienix said:
    Can you please add flow cards for wind directions.
    I'm controlling the curtains of my cowshed, and i want to close the curtains on the wind side.
    Yes of course.
    Could you create an issue on my github page please?
    https://github.com/Inversion-NL/nl.inversion.wunderground/issues
  • Nienix said:
    Yes of course.
    thx,  done
  • Nienix said:
    Nienix said:
    Yes of course.
    thx,  done
    Thanks
  • So far the app works great for me. What I realized when I go to insights is that the precipitation is given only in integer values. Does the WU API not deliver more accurate values or do are they rounded by the App? If you use WU on your Android phone you get values with one digit after the point.

• G4nd41f said:

So far the app works great for me. What I realized when I go to insights is that the precipitation is given only in integer values. Does the WU API not deliver more accurate values or do are they rounded by the App? If you use WU on your Android phone you get values with one digit after the point.

These are the exact values I got using the API.
    Might be because it's the free developer subscription I got instead of a monthly fee.
  • I'm using the app for a few weeks now but some features/insight appear not to work: wind speed, wind direction and wind gust have 0 insight info. When getting f.i. the wind direction, it is always reported as North.

Also, what is the scale of UV? Insights reports between 0 - 4.

I'm using my own key.
  • RuudvB said:
    I'm using the app for a few weeks now but some features/insight appear not to work: wind speed, wind direction and wind gust have 0 insight info. When getting f.i. the wind direction, it is always reported as North.

Also, what is the scale of UV? Insights reports between 0 - 4.

I'm using my own key.
    insights are shown here okay. (only those which logs are turned on!)

For UV--> check UV-index on google and compare it with your insights... I think that you will see that for this time of the year 0-4 isn't that strange.
  • glijie said:
    insights are shown here okay. (only those which logs are turned on!)

For UV--> check UV-index on google and compare it with your insights... I think that you will see that for this time of the year 0-4 isn't that strange.
    Thanks for your response. I just checked, logging is on as per default. I have not turned it off, but nothing is logged for the wind variables as stated.

Another thing I noticed. I re-adjusted the interval for loading new data from 60 min to 10 min. When hitting the test button the test log showed 12.7 degrees Celsius at my (correct) location. Checking with the extended display of buienradar, it was only 10.6 degrees....
    I already noticed before that temperature reading was not reliable...

Any suggestions?