This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Telenet in Belgium

Hello, I also bought a homey.
In Belgium we have telenet , it is a company that distributes internet, telephone, and tv.
For digital tv it is a setup box ( it is called a digicorder and it has lots of digital functions, like harddisk recording , and it is conected to internet )it uses IR to work with it. Can homey recognise a digicorder? And if so can we use all the functions ?
Thx
Chris Sesier from Belgium.

Comments

• I don't know if your device is created by Athom at launch.
    But for you is will be possible to teach Homey all the functions from your regular remote. So, that way, every IR remote can be "copied" and used with Homey.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

And that's why we need Harmony support :-)

• When homey is a part of the family, than we gonna have to plat with it :-)

• Hi scenarbelgium, 
    Are you still using Homey? I'm thinking of buying a Homey and i also have Telenet as internet provider.
    Homey and Telenet is a good combination? You can reach Homey via the internet when you are not at home?(had  problems with an other device in combination with the Telenet router)
  • Hi,

I'm also a Belgian Homey user. For this I bought a Logitech Harmony hub and it works perfect.

There is already an app for Homey.

• Telenet Digicorder remote 
    I have tried to copy the 'power toggle' button from Telenet Digicorder.
    It doesn't work.
    When homey send the command , nothing happens.
    Same problem with the Logitech Harmony One remote.
    Homey not ready for Belgium marked (more than 1 000 000 telnet users...)
  • dclrcqdclrcq Member
    edited March 2017
    @rraets, this doesn't have anything to do with the Belgium market or Telenet. The problem is IR that's not working as it should at this moment.
  • Hi, I also have Telenet at home and there's no problem to access Homey from anywhere.
    I have several Digicorders (Telenet Decoders) attached to different Samsung Smart TV's. I use the IR-Extender cable that came with those TV's. The software from Samsung has let me set up that if I power on the TV, my Digicorder automatically powers up. This means that I can use my Samsung remote to switch channels, volume, ... 
    And since my Homey is working with my Samsung TV, I can use it this way.
    Maybe that's also possible with other TV brands
  • @btwvince ;
    I understand your solution. But I only want to power on the Digicorder.
    The DIgicorder faal after half a hour in 'low energy' mode.
    When I am not at home it is not possible to program the digicoder.
    I want to power on the digicorder only and then I can use the Yelo play app to program it.
    Putting on TV is  no problem.
  • rraets said:
    @btwvince ;
    I understand your solution. But I only want to power on the Digicorder.
    The DIgicorder faal after half a hour in 'low energy' mode.
    When I am not at home it is not possible to program the digicoder.
    I want to power on the digicorder only and then I can use the Yelo play app to program it.
    Putting on TV is  no problem.
    In the settings menu you can put the Low Energy mode off, than you can program everything
  • the 'power toggle' button from Telenet Digicorder works for me. Don't know which option you use in Homey to send the signal. I use the option in Homey to send the signal 2 times. When i had the option on sending the signal more than 3 times the digicorder switch on and immediately switch off again